• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sableye and Mawile duo vs. Zangoose and Seviper duo

IMO, Sableye & Mawile > Zangoose & Seviper.

I personally find Sableye and Mawile to be better/cuter looking than Zan n' Sev., cuz those scar patterns on the mongoose and snake irk me...

Sableye can function as a fun to use annoyer and Mawile has the potential of being either a Sweeper, Tank, or a Baton Pass supporter ( even though I hate Baton Pass...)

Though, Zangoose and Seviper shows more theme as a duo than Sableye and Mawile.

But overall, Sableye and Mawile, my two favorite Pokémon of all time, IMO, are superior over Zangoose and Seviper

Last edited:
Which pair has the better design?
Zangoose and Seviper, I don't like Mawile nor Sableye's design that much. Seviper is my favorite snake Pokemon.

Which pair is more worth using?
Type and moveset-wise, I see Mawile and Sableye as a better pair worth using. They could work well together.

Which pair is more dramatic?
With Seviper and Zangoose's ongoing fued, especially in the anime. They are probably the most dramatic of any duo imo.

On the one hand, Zangoose can really rip any Ghosts a new one with its Fury Cutter attack, and it can slash through other types as well. Seviper is powerful enough to hang on long enough to use the Venoshock+Toxic Spikes combo, AND keep STAB with it.

On the other hand, Mawile is Steel, which is awesome. It's really good if it's Baton Passed in with high stats, and gains the power to rip through opponents. Sableye has absolutely no weaknesses, which is very useful, and can take the opponent's strategy and shove it up their nearest orfice. Painfully.

I choose Mawile+Sableye, just because I love pissing off the opposition more than I like simply bulling through them.

Which pair has the better design?

Mawile & Sableye, esaily. A Futakuchi-onna and a Goblin are way better than a snake and a mongoose. Seviper have a great design, though.

Which pair is more worth using?

I prefer using Mawile & Sableye, but I guess the other pair is more worth using competitively.

Which pair is more dramatic?

lol

My choice is a bit obvious.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom