• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sableye & Mawile duo vs. Plusle & Minun duo

I much prefer Sableye & Mawile for those reasons :

1/ They are different from each other (in terms of type and moveset)
2/ They don't look like lesser clones of the franchise's mascot
3/ Sableye is actually usable enough, thanks to its hidden ability. Also in Sapphire, it greatly helps against Brawly, the second gym leader in this game.

While they don't win in the cuteness department, this isn't enough for me to prefer using the cheerleader duet, as I call Plusle & Minun.

I prefer Sableye and Mawile becuase the two seems to be more usable in battles, and the Plusle/Minun duo is pretty much for Double Battles though.

Hmm, let's see. Sableye is a neat Ghost/Dark Pokémon and Sableye is an awesome Futakuchi-Onna based Pokémon. Plusle and Minun, on other hand, are both boring Pikachu clones with uninteresting gimmick abilities. I really can't choose here. :rolleyes:

Which one has the better design?
Plusle and Minun. They look very cute and definitely match their names with appearances.

Which one is more worth using?
Sableye and Mawile. Plusle and Minun are only Electric types, and don't have as widespread of a movepool.

I personally like Plusle and Minun better and use them more regardless of them only being electric types.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom