• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sabrina’s Dollhouse

Paulisthebest

"Ursaring, standby for battle!"
Reaction score
Remember back in “Abra and the Psychic Showdown” or “Haunter vs. Kadabra” that in Sabrina’s dollhouse she shrinks her losing opponents or flat-out changes them into dolls so she can “play with them.” I was watching the episodes this morning and one fact freaked me out beyond anything else:

Do you recall after losing to her newly evolved Kadabra, Ash and friends were shrunk (not changed into dolls) to doll size so “kid” Sabrina could play with them. Before they realized what had happened they explored and went into a house where the food was fake and Ash found a doll in the bathroom. He thought it was a person so he shrieked in embarrassment on walking in on a woman in the tub. But afterwards finds out it was a doll.

Now, the thing that creeps me out; after noticing it was a doll the doll, TURNS AROUND seemingly on its own and looks at Ash. Here is what gets me; was that doll a real person (one that lost to Sabrina in the past) or just a regular doll?

Another thing is the doll was in the tub meaning it was “naked” if she was a real person at one time that means she got stripped of her clothes.
I’ve searched in vain for a picture of this scene but I couldn’t find one…I hope you all remember that episode because honestly it was one of the scariest/creepy episodes I remember as a kid.

The one scene above others was after rolling the ball to play catch with our shrunken heroes, Sabrina (kid) is laughing and it does a close up of her face and you can see her dark soulless eyes but a child smile and that creeped the hell out of me!

Aside from her mother, Brock and Misty we never know how many other trainers she turned into her play things...which is another mystery in itself...

I'm pretty sure it was suppose to be just a regular doll. Brock, Misty and Sabrina's mother still looked like themselves and they could talk somehow, but the one in the tub looked like a typical doll and didn't talk. The way it turned around was probably due to Sabrina's psychic powers. The way she treated Ash and his friends does beg the question of how many other trainers she potentially killed by turning them into play thing, which also makes one wonder how she could still be a Gym Leader or why she would want to be actually when she seemed more interested in just using her powers against others for the amusement of her child self.

I'm pretty sure it was suppose to be just a regular doll. Brock, Misty and Sabrina's mother still looked like themselves and they could talk somehow, but the one in the tub looked like a typical doll and didn't talk. The way it turned around was probably due to Sabrina's psychic powers. The way she treated Ash and his friends does beg the question of how many other trainers she potentially killed by turning them into play thing, which also makes one wonder how she could still be a Gym Leader or why she would want to be actually when she seemed more interested in just using her powers against others for the amusement of her child self.

Yeah something tells me the Pokemon League Gym Officials who come to close her gym probably never lived to tell the tale...

Kinda like Bakura in the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga...Sabrina was subjecting Ash and the others to a Penalty Game. (Too bad she couldn't have actually said that.)

Kinda like Bakura in the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga...Sabrina was subjecting Ash and the others to a Penalty Game. (Too bad she couldn't have actually said that.)

It is a good reason she didn't because I never watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Haha, I'd be more clueless than BW-Ash xD

I don't think it was another of her victims. The doll on the tub seemed to be made of plastic while all her victims were closer to plushies.
And given her powers it is not hard to imagine how her gym wasn't shut down. She probably brainwashed every inspector into approving her gym, at best.

I'm pretty sure shrinking somebody you beat in a battle and holding them captive is illegal! Gosh dang it Sabrina you witch!

It is ironic; in Sabrina's gym if you lose the match you are TRAPPED forever in the dollhouse either as a shrunken trainer or a doll and something tells me those shrunken trainers get killed when "kid" Sabrina "plays" with them heck her rolling the ball to Ash/Misty/Brock/Pikachu would have killed them if the jogger (Sabrina's dad) came at the last second to teleport them out of there.

Erika's gym; if you say anything bad about perfume you can't even enter her gym! Wow, female Kanto gym leaders are very fickle aren't they?

In the back of my mind I like to think that if the losing trainers are shrunk into the toy box whether it is unseen from Sabrina or not, her dad comes in to save them from certain doom...

It's my favorite arc from Kanto! Sabrina was a freaked out witch (literally, a psychic witch. Heck, how do you shrink people and turn them into stuffed toys? Does psychic powers include molecular manipulation?). I think Ash was her first opponent (or the first in a few ones) in some time, so, I don't think she did have a chance to defeat/transform any other who weren't smart (and fast) enough to escape. Her dad could be the main reason.

Anyway, still like her. At least, she does accept challenges. Misty still was in her brat persona and Erika was such a prick.

Oh god, that was exactly what I was thinking when re-watching the episode.

lFoH4VM.jpg
LVvnEnd.jpg

"In a Shadow Game Pokemon Battle, your heart's weakness is what ultimately causes you to lose!"

Turning Satoshi and friends into miniatures after winning a demonic game Pokemon Battle. Sounds like Dark Bakura to me.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom