• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: A Fantasy/Sci-fi RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Taylors

You Know The Name
Reaction score
MatureLogo.png
Intro

Ok, so I'm sure others have found themselves in my current position. I myself have been looking for a video game that is just "me". I mean, I love fantasy I love sci-fi and especially RPGs. But, there are barely any that meet on common ground. For example, I can't play a game where I fly a jetpack while being a kick-ass vampire slayer. So, to sum it up...this is an RPG where you can do almost ANYTHING, be anyone you want an have it all be cannon.

Story

Secrets have been exposed, the entire world is now aware. Cover-ups by the government have came and went. Bottom line is that now the public is aware..."mythical" creatures (as they are called) are nothing of the sort. Dragons stalk the mountainous countryside, werewolves in the world's many forests. Even the cities, riddled with goblins and even master vampires hunt mortals at night. A dark day is on the horizon and these creatures will be the bringers of the end.

This is where you come in, you have been enlisted in the Sacred Army. The Sacred Army is part of a prophecy which reveals that some people by birth are destined to defend the world from such threats. These people are the best mages, hunters, warriors, theives, ninja, and gunslingers from all of the world. You have all been assembled, you are the best of the best. You will be supplied with technology not know to the general population such as laser and plasma weaponry. The Sacred Army will be broken off and sent on missions for the good of man-kind.

Classes
Your character is recommended to be one of the listed classes but is not limited to the list, though you are required to give a definition of your character's class.
Class List

Rules

1) No Godmodding - Don't know what it is, google it...

2) No Sex - If your characters are kissing fine...if it escalates take it into PMs, Relationships are fine.

3) If you read this please Visitor Message me the word "waffles" after you submit your post.

4) No Flame Wars Please

6) Swearing is fine but no F-bombs every other word.

7) There may be (slightly) graphic wording when it comes to gore - can't take it, get outta dodge

8) Skirt Rule - "Long enough to cover the essentials, short enough to be interesting." This will mean what it does, but it usually means three or four sentences that give your fellow roleplayers what they need to know to respond while keeping it short and sweet. In respect to the skirt rule you do not need to have a huge block of text if your character is doing something that can be described in two or three sentences(EX:Your character is in a fight, or in a relatively fast past conversion)

9) If you will be gone for an extended period or something is bothering you, please PM me.

Name: First and Last

Race: Whether you are an Android or a Vampire, or just mortal, include nationality.

Appearance: Picture or Text

Character Class: Please cut and past the name and description, or write out one for your character and name it.

Equipment: Ok, be descriptive about each piece of equipment on what it does, this contains everything from armor to guns to magic swords.

Talents: Anything that they can do out of the ordinary, Ex: Amazing Shooter, Close Combat Skills. Please Describe.

Abilities: Anything supernatural, Ex: Vampire Super Strength or Magic Powers. Please Describe.

Personality: How does your character act?

History/Backstory: Anything about your character from the past that you feel others should know.

Theme Song: A song that describes your character, (optional)

Role Playing Sample: Just a post from any RP you have been in, please post what RP it is from

Last edited:
First Post Reserved For Example Sign-Up

Name: Tye Taylors

Race: Mortal, Caucasian

Appearance:
TyeTaylorsPic.jpg

Tye has long silver hair that falls into his eyes. He is tall, lean and fairly muscular. Tye's exact measurements being 6'8 and 210 pounds.
He usually wears a dark grey baseball hat with this jacket> Black Jacket.jpg and a pair of black cargo jeans.

Character Class: The Paladin: The Paladin is a Fighter with a side of Healer, using White Magic to be more defensive; their devotion to their God or Deity gives them various prayers, healing abilities and spells that protect themselves and others. Naturally, they tend to fall under Magic Knight. They are also quite good at laying the smite down on undead, demons and other evil supernatural creatures. However, they may have behavioral limits: some rulesets impose varying penalties on taking actions that stray too far from Lawful Good, which can lead to weakening of abilities, loss of abilities or sometimes even being kicked out of the "Paladin" class entirely.

Equipment:
Silver-Plated M1911s - A pair of twin, military grade pistols, fire silver rounds that are especially effective against the undead.
Paladin Sword - Paladin Sword.jpg Tye's personal sword attuned to his soul, made of a silver-steel alloy, it is indestructible and emphasizes all of his magical attacks.
Leather Jacket - just a regular leather jacket, tear resistant, tough and also enchanted so it is like wearing a suit of steel armor.
Bow and Light Arrows - Tye possesses a large ornate long-bow which can fire arrows made of pure light that can pierce almost anything.

Talents: Excellent Martial Art skill, Amazing Free-Running ability, and Master Swordplay.

Abilities: Tye can form a black lightning that flows down his arms, charging them with near superhuman strength, this also flows up his sword to do more damage. The lightning represents his strength by becoming more intense as he gets stronger and faster. He can move at astounding speeds when powered up. He can use a variety of healing magic and can fire black beams of sunlight from his sword.

Personality: Tye is generally a very calm cool and collected person, he can be arrogant occasionally but rightly so as he is extremely powerful. He shows strong leadership qualities, and though is arrogant is never cocky. Tye values life, especially others' lives. He will often risk himself to help others.

History/Backstory: Basically Tye was abandoned at a young age by his mother when his father died at war, he grew up in a boys home that he left when he was 16.

Theme Song: Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch

Last edited:
Since when was American a separate race? Yeah, I guess...

Name: Ahmal Muhairon

Race: Human (sub-class Arabic)

Appearance: A warrior from the desert, short but sturdy. Always wears a long flowing black cloak. Underneath his cloak are thick leather garments. He always wears a mast to shield his eyes, which are brown. His skin is a light tanned colour, and his hair a brown so deep it is mistaken for black.

Class: Ranger (Bow and Blade) A version of the ranger that can handle bladed weapons as well, allowing them to defend themselves against approaching enemies or close in for the kill. The most likely Ranger to overlap with the Fighter archetype.

Equipment:

Scimitar: A long curved sword made of tempered Steel handed down by the generations.
Bow: A flexile yew bow. The ends look like Dragons. He carries a pair of sheaths behind his back that can hold twenty arrows at a time.
Padded Leather Armour: Acts as minor protection.

Talents: Endurance Running, Jumping and Climbing. Archery. Survival Outdoors. Bomb Making.

Abilities: Nothing much really. Excellent Vision.

Personality: He's extremelly quiet and rarely talks. He's very cool but a hidden flame of rage burns deep inside him. He has pure morals and cannot be corrupted. He believes the Qu'ran absolutely.

History: The son of a Saudi oil baron, he had a Western upbringing and killed his Mother when he found out she was an infidel. Since then he has lived in the desert, occasionally working for extremist Islamic groups.

Theme Song:Led Zeppelin - Kashmir (Live Video) - YouTube

RP sample:

They told me that, now I'd passed the entrance exam, I needed to be placed. It all seemed a bit stupid, but I could live with that. In front of me stood a Staraptor, about to take off. Staraptor was a flying type, so Dozer would go quite well against it. But to use a Rock-type would be boring, I wanted to do an aerial battle. I selected a Poké Ball from my bag and pressed the central button, releasing the Pokémon from inside. A Jumpluff came out, floating in the air by its cotton balls that held it up.

"Go Pollin!" I shouted. "Show that Staraptor how a true Flying-type goes." The half Grass type flew up and floated in circles around the Staraptor. This irritated the Predator Pokémon enough to send it flying in pursuit of the small dot in its vision. As its red tuft of hair I saw the spot on Staraptor's forehead. It was quite large, about four inches in diameter. This distinguished it as Male. My Jumpluff was Female, and lucky enough to know the move Attract, which was about to come in handy. Before I could command Pollin, however, Staraptor dived at the Pokémon. It was using Aerial Ace, a move that never missed.

"Quick, Pollin, use Substitute," I ordered. Pollin grimaced in pain as she made an identical copy of herself. The two Pokémon floated in the air next to each other, enjoying the view, it would seem. Staraptor hurtled into the copy, shattering it in one hit. That was my Substitute done with.

"Now, Pollin, use Attract!" The Pokémon winked at the Normal/Flying-type, sending small hearts out of Pollin's spores into Staraptor's eyes. Staraptor flew in circles, infatuated with its new lover. The most amusing thing was that they probably couldn't breed anyway.

"OK, Pollin, Staraptor's helpless now. Use Toxic, and then use Acrobatics to finish this Staraptor off!" I ordered. Pollin opened her small mouth, firing a jet of purple liquid at the Staraptor. The toxic substance made contact with the Predator Pokémon and it reeled back in pain. Staraptor was now poisonned. It would lose health now until it fainted. In a way using Acrobatics was ending Staraptor's suffering. Pollin raced back and forth, striking the Staraptor lightly each time. The Flying-type hovered in the air, helpless at the damage raining from without and within. Suddenly it snapped out of his love and pain and raced towards Jumpluff. It was using Aerial Ace again. Jumpluff didn't have time to move and the two attacks struck middair. Pollin flew away from the collision, landing gracefully on the ground, injured. Staraptor, came down, about to make the final stroke. It's wings clenched up at the last minute, however, as the poison took its toll. Staraptor collapsed on the ground, knocked out.

"Good job, Pollin. You can come back now," I said, thanking my Pokémon as I withdrew it back into her Poké Ball.

Last edited:
Name: Kirsten Clifton (Aliases include Clemence Groves, Ada Dyer and Maria Quick)
Race: Human (Born English, Scandanavian Heritage, Resides American)
Appearance: I'm gonna start doing this more often. Character made in Saint's Row: The Third.
Character Class: Swashbuckler with bits of Warlord (She's a motivator, but not a tactician), Gunslinger (well...) and Magic Knight (Uses her telekinesis to back up and enhance her gunplay)
Equipment: One pistol (Desert Eagle, added laser sight, red-dot optic, extended mags and underbarrel torch), carried concealed.
Two SMGs (pictured, custom-made, fire AP ammo), carried in hip holsters.
One shotgun (SPAS-12, added underbarrel torch and red-dot optic. Kirsten carries 'Dragonbreath' rounds that fire fire instead of lead), carried on a back holster.
One flick knife, carried concealed.
'The Phoenix' (pictured), Kirsten's custom muscle car. (The picture isn't clear but it is convertible with a crossbar. Not pictured: Purple neon underglow, retractable 'kneecapper' spikes in wheels) It is incredibly fast in a straight line (top speeds scratching 200MPH) but takes corners sideways. The boot has panels that can accept all of her guns and turn over, concealing them. It is equipped with nitrous. It takes a skilled wheelman or woman to manage at high speed.
Talents: Wheelgirl, Dead shot, Gymnastic (agile enough to use standing cartwheels as evasive manoeuvres), Brawler (untrained, but a good fighter)
Abilities: Telekinesis, can lift and throw objects weighing up to ten tonnes with ease. Teleportaton, short range only.
Personality: Kirsten is a hardassed bitch at the best of times, and an unbalanced psychotic nightmare at the worst. She is ruthless and will do whatever it takes, whatever she's doing. She is known to get pissed out of her head at every opportunity, and cause even greater amounts of hell than normal. She does go a great deal to keep her identity secret, as evidenced by the face bandana and cap covering her face.
History: Kirsten was an unknown, a nothing. She didn't like that. So she decided that one day, everyone would know her name. After her parents moved to Detroit with her, she picked up her first gun at the age of 13 and began running drugs for a gang. Within two years, she had killed the head of that gang and replaced him to lead the gang. For 3 years with her iron fist and her crew, she maintained almost total control of the city. Very few questioned the 15 year old leading the gang when they saw her methods. Until that one day she got blindsided on her own turf and captured by an enemy gang. She was traded by them to the cops for what was at the time every member of theirs in custody. Knowing her potential she was offered a choice by them. The chair, or the Sacred Army.
Theme Song: Bleed It Out- Linkin Park
Post Sample: My opening post from PMD: Explorers of Legend
"You know, next time he does something stupid, you're carrying him!" Harry had the unconscious Golett on whatever back he had. He was going beyond 'starting to get heavy' by this point and was weighing heavily on the Haunter.
Missi retorted however. "With what hands?" She enjoyed every chance she got to rib at Harry or Goli, if only for the way they both mindlessly followed the damn Froslass around. She didn't exactly hate her but dammit, she could have earned being in charge.
"Hey, we're gonna hit the town in a minute, so you two calm down before we get there." Freya spotted the chaos in the town. "Wait up guys. What's going on in there? Hey, Missi, got any more of those seeds?"
"We've just got the one left." Harry, already guessing what was going on, put GOL on the floor, as Missi gave him the seed.
"OPERATIONAL" GOL jumped back up to his feet.
"Let's go check it out!"

Team Specter headed at full speed ahead towards the town.

Last edited:
[mention @BlazeMaster[/mention] Denied, please re-read the rules. And please expand your class description. And do you have an RP sample

@Plumbum Accepted Thank you, that is prime example of what a sign-up should look like.

Thank you,

Tye Taylors

Last edited:
@Tye Taylors; I don't see any rule that I've broken (correct me if I'm wrong). I've only done Pokémon RPs so far, so I've put in a sample from there.

Reserved, if I may.

EDIT: Okay, here we are. I hope this character is okay. If not, we can maybe discuss what I can do to change it.

Name: Seraeus Avengir

Race: Lizardman

Appearance: I can't really draw, so text will have to suffice. He is a lizardman, an unusual offshoot of the human species that has narrowed down to a few extant species. He has a narrow frame, a triangular snake-like head, murky greenish scales, and a lithe, powerful, tail. He has dexterous hands tipped with sharp claws. He has bright gold eyes, and he's always sporting an unreadable expression.

Character Class: The Blue Mage: Other Names: Mime, Mimic. A magician who does not usually rely on standard spells, but instead learns various spells and special abilities from monsters encountered in travel. Often they will need to see the spell or special ability in action, or cast their own unique spell to 'absorb' the ability. Traditionally will develop to be as diverse as the Red Mage, except with unique monster-like abilities to supplement them.

Equipment: He has only a set of light armor that does not actually serve to cover his body, but to enhance it. His style of magic requires him to devour a small portion of the monster in question in order to gain its powers. As such, he might carry a few basic weapons, such as daggers, small bow and arrows, but nothing too fancy, as he fights with his body most of the time. He keeps it all on his belt, and he has a small bag of various trinkets that he's picked up on his journeys.

Talents: Among his kind, he is known as somewhat of a storyteller. He seems to have a natural way with words that allow him to endear himself to any passing traveler, provided, of course, that they are willing to listen. He also has unusually acute senses, able to see a mile away on a clear day.

Abilities: His kind are known for their natural proficiency in magic, and he is capable of using a few basic spells, like Fireball, Healing, etc. His particular school of magic is known as Carnomancy, where he eats the raw meat of a monster, and gains that monster's abilities, or if the magic is practiced to a high enough level, the ability to transform into that monster. He is also capable of mimicing spells that he sees, if he pays close enough attention.

Personality: Seraeus is at his core a curious and inquisitive individual. He enjoys traveling all over the world and learning more. He is somewhat distrustful of people, however, because of the massive amounts of prejudice he had to suffer through. So, he has formed a somewhat cynical shell between him and the outside world. If you ran in him, he would closely and coldly anyalyze you before finally letting loose a curt greeting. It is tough to get him to open up to you, but once he does, you will find that he has much more emotions than you would have expected, possibly even more than the average person. He is a dreamer and a poet at heart, and he does not like fighting that much. In fact, he's a bit of a coward. But, he is willing to do what it takes to protect his friends, if their lives ever came in danger.

History/Backstory: Seraeus is a lizardman, a once proud race renowned far and wide for their proficiency with magic. A genocide committed some 100 years ago has severely dwindled his numbers, however. Since then, his race has retreated to the silence of the swamp, preferring to stay far away from humans. He was constantly advised not to wander out of the swamp, but he did anyways when he was 15. He got lost, and he couldn't find his way back to his hometown. Eventually, he blundered out into the open fields that the humans call home. He was wary, but he eventually went inside one of the cities, only to be treated with massive amounts of prejudice and hatred. Torn, feeling truly alone, he ran away. He bumped into another traveler, a young female scientist who then took a genuine interest in him. He was unsure, but he decided to accompany this woman on her travels anyways. Together, they learned a lot, not just about the world, but about each other as well.

Role Playing Sample:
The curtains open up. The scene is desolation, marred only by the debris of various brightly-colored storefronts, all advertising the ethnic diversity of the city. A cold sun barely manages to peek out past the foreboding layer of dark clouds. It shines a ray of light upon one very tiny pocket of the once-city, and briefly illuminates one hideously gaudy sign. "THE CITY'S FINEST THRIFT SHOP! INSANE LOW PRICES!" the sign declares, begging for attention amidst the other signs. An observer might have been able to see the hidden meaning behind the ray of light, calling it a ray of hope. That observer could not have been more wrong, as there is no meaning to a cold sun. None at all. It was by pure chance that the pile of clothes behind the sign became animated. It was by pure chance that the poltergeist inhabiting this place became bonded to this ordinary pile of clothing. It was by pure chance that it saw the picture of a beautiful woman inside the once-store.

The bright pink picture frame gently nestled the form of an outstandingly gorgeous woman. This perfect artifact of nature was posing ever so slightly, gazing at the camera with a light, cheerful air, sporting a twinkle in her eyes, and wearing a smile on her face that said "Laugh with me, my love! Embrace this wonderful day, my dear!" Hastily scrawled into the upper-right corner was the message - To the love of my life, the sun of my clouds - Jean. The poltergeist stared at this picture. It gave her life meaning. She felt an affinity with this woman, something unnatural yet so perfect. Could this be her? With a startling jolt, she became aware of her own body. Look at this squalor! This was not beautiful at all! She was nothing but a formless pile of clothing. Yet ... this was her body. She longed to be beautiful. Slowly, she learned to give clothing life, to allow it to rise up and assume the form of a beautiful woman, exactly like the one in the picture. Just then, she felt strangely at peace. Everything made sense now - She was that woman, Jean! She was just as beautiful as Jean, there is no reason why she couldn't simply be Jean. And so it was that she adopted that name, and her body changed to fit her name.

Day and night holds no bearing to her, as she has no concept of wasted time. With all the time in the world, what could she do? Through her various wanderings, she became obsessed with searching through ruins for the form of a woman just like herself. She amassed a wide collection of vanity magazines within her body, ranging from lofty makeup magazines to sultry pornographic magazines. Some magazines she looked upon with disdain, such as that trucker magazine with a butch woman on the front. She threw that one on the dusty ground, furious that a woman would be allowed to let her beauty become tarnished. Over time, though, her mind kept going back to this example of un-beauty, and she saw that even this woman was beautiful in her own way. With regret, she went back and picked up this magazine. She promised herself that, if she ever saw this woman, she would help her bring out her inner potential.

Two years passed, and with every passing month, Jean's clothes got more and more frayed and dirty. She tried her best to take care of them, but when you're alone, it's hard to care. It wasn't until a year after she was born that the throes of loneliness really set in. Her magazines of high fashion and glamour no longer served as adequate company. She let her shape sag, not really caring about her appearance. Now, all she wanted to do was to find somebody, and be with that person forever. To know that she would never have to be alone again. She would serve to make that woman as beautiful as she could, to make her into Jean, because she just couldn't be Jean anymore. She wasn't beautiful enough. She finally collapsed, her clothes settling in an untidy pile.

from an offsite role playing game. If you really need the link, ask me for it.

EDIT 2: Oh man, I actually missed that Skirt Rule thing. Um. I'm a bit used to writing more longer stuff, as you can see from the sample, so I might get a bit overboard at times. Is the Skirt Rule an absolute necessity? Like, what if I want to write 6 or more sentences to describe a more longer scene or something?

Last edited:
@Garuru Accepted Ok so as to the skirt rule, if you feel you really need to get a point across then sure, just try not to put paragraph on paragraph, but I expect in conversations and battle to keep it to a few sentences.

Name: Lilith

Race: Human, Iraqi

Appearance:

Lilith1.png

Character Class: Swashbuckler
A fighter who tends toward light or no armor and prefers agility, cunning, daring and technical skill to sheer force. Tends to be rogue-like in his or her trappings (though usually more flamboyant than subtle) and is often used to evoke the Rogue archetype in games where skills and stealth play a small or no role. A likely default class for The Hero, especially in JRPGs and adventure novels after Alexandre Dumas.

Equipment: A ruby-encrusted scimitar (a family heirloom) - no armor

Talents: Lilith is a cunning, quick on her feet combat-pragmatist. No holds barred, she commands respect in battle and reveals a brute strength that betrays her light frame.

Abilities: Very strong, and at times blindingly fast, she is difficult to keep track of in combat - seemingly vanishing entirely at times only to strike at her foe from behind. No surprises here, however, as she has given herself to intense combat- and stealth-training.

Personality: Lilith is immediately endearing and compassionate, though all her thoughts, words, and actions pass through a stiff filter of strength and solidarity - she is independent, she does not need you or anyone else, and you would do well to remember that at all times. She is quick to think, and thus quick to act - which can often be misconstrued as a lack of patience. She simply makes up her mind quickly and never doubts her conclusions.

History/Backstory: As long as she has lived, Lilith has devoted herself to learning the arts of combat, stealth and self-control. Having lived much of her life alone, she has no family to her knowledge, she learned from a young age to rely on herself alone. A true desert-native, she has rarely before ventured into the colder, wetter, or higher regions of Earth.

Role Playing Sample: From Rogues Gallery:
Natalia danced idly with the senator, her eyes glancing over his shoulder as she gazed around the room, calculating. Her eye hovered momentarily on a tall teenager with... was that, blue hair? For whatever reason, he seemed to have inexplicably wandered in without so much as a glance from the security personnel. Wasn't this an exclusive event? If not, she had really overprepared...

No matter, she had more pressing matters to consider. Her focus abruptly turned back to the senator, who she now realized had been idly chattering with her for some time now - not that she really needed to be there anyway, it was very much a lopsided conversation; mostly him fawning over how "lovely" she was...

She blushed with a sweet smile, slowly leaning forward and whispering something in his ear. He smiled awkwardly as his mysterious company for the evening strode off down a side hallway, pausing briefly at the doorjamb as she checked the time - seconds later the string quartet ceased playing, polite applause briefly punctuating the air as a stuffy looking elderly gentleman strode toward the platform, preparing to speak.

Glancing around briefly, satisfied that the gallery's attention was occupied, Natalie disappeared down the hallway, slipping quickly into a side passage and approaching a locked door - "locked" being a rather loose term, in Natalia's mind, as the rather simple mechanism was likely to take mere seconds to spring. Reaching inside her clasp, she retrieved a small, brass instrument and crouched down at the edge of the door, setting to work on the lock. She had to admit, the museum's security thus far had been rather disappointing... she hadn't even bothered to obscure her identity for this heist, these high-society fat-cats only paid attention to themselves...

Name: Destiny Fields

Race: Angel

Appearance:
Destiny.jpg

Destiny is a thin girl though not overly so, she is 5'4 and 125 lbs. She usually wears t-shirts and snug-fitting jeans. Destiny is never caught without her headphones.

Character Class: The Inherent Gift Magician: Other Names: Sorcerer. This magic-user was born with abilities they don't need to study, and can use more readily than other magicians. This is sometimes explained as being descended from a magical creature, other times as being part of a Witch Species. However, they are often much less versatile than other magic-users, being limited to a smaller or much more tightly-themed pool of spells. Commonly, their powers manifest at adolescence.

Equipment:
Headphones: Destiny always has her headphones and her iPod, they are part of her mainly due to her abilities and natural love for music.
Flute: Destiny plays a flute which she uses to cast spells, the flute is magical and indestructible.

Talents: Flute Playing, People Skills, and Acrobatic Skills.

Abilities:
Spell Barrier - A spell which creates a nearly impenetrable magical dome around the Destiny.
Song of Storms - A short melody that summons the power of a storm to fight for Destiny.
Melody of the Dragon - Forms a large serpent made of fire which attacks the enemy.
Seismic Song - A song which resonates even the ground causing small earthquakes.
Angel Blood - Destiny does not get sick and is always the picture of health
Angel Wings- Though she chooses to conceal them regularly, when fully powered up Destiny boasts large magnificent white wings accompanied by a halo.

Personality: Destiny is fairly easy to get along with, she is a very nice girl to pretty much anyone. With that being said, you do not want to give her a reason to hate you. When she gets angry she burns with a passion, though her anger doesn't consume her you do not want to get on her bad side. Destiny is a great friend, a great listener, and will always be there for her friends.

History/Backstory: Captured when an apparent "meteor" crashed to earth, it was actually this girl. Destiny was found and taken in by the U.S. government when she was found in a large crater in the desert at 2 AM. She has no memory of her past, the government released her but she was found to be...different, with special abilities. Mythology would call her an angel though it is kept a secret due to the dispute this would cause.

Theme Song: Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

Name: Nero Aria

Race: Blood Demon, French

Appearance
Nero usually wears clothing that does not expose much. Due to only speaking in a series of small sounds, her true voice is not very heard of. However, when around those whom are trusted, Nero will speak. Silvery-blonde hair goes down to the base of the neck, with piercing emerald green eyes. She does not wear a scowl, but rather preferring to stay a bit emotionless when in front of others. She is of rather short height, being around 5'5".

Character Class Mage

Equipment
- Sacred Jewels :: Six jewels around Nero's neck that controls her various abilities. They each come in different color ranges.
Red Jewel: Jewel of Pyrokinesis. This jewel allows Nero the ability to utilize Fire magic. The power of the technique is directly proportionate to how hard she focuses, as is the size and shaping. The less she focuses, the more abstract and weak the fire-elemental attack is.

Blue Jewel: Jewel of Hydrokinesis. This jewel allows Nero the ability to utilize Water magic. The power of the technique is directly proportionate to how hard she focuses, as is the size and shaping. The less she focuses the more abstract and weak the water-elemental attack is.

Silver Jewel: Jewel of Kazekinesis. This jewel allows Nero to utilize the ability of Wind magic. The power of the technique is directly proportionate to how hard she focuses, as is the size and shaping. The less she focuses, the more abstract and weak the wind-elemental attack is.

Green Jewel: Jewel of Healing. This jewel grants Nero the ability to heal herself and others. While capable of healing nearly anything, permanent wounds like scars or burns tend to take Nero longer. She requires absolute concentration for this ability to work, lest she risk evoking the Black Jewel's effect due to panic or distraction.

Black Jewel: Jewel of Desolation. This jewel is a very unused and untapped one that gives Nero the ability of Destruction, which can decimate things upon the dark energy making contact. Nero is not capable of accessing this jewel lest she is in a state of fury or anger, though distraction while using the Healing jewel will result in its power being tapped into accidentally. While only dealing differentiating amounts of damage to superhuman individuals, she is capable of completely destroying humans and non-magic constructs. Due to the causality potential, she does not access this ability often at all.

White Jewel: Jewel of ExtraExistence. This jewel is a rare and peculiar jewel that allows Nero to tap into a different world. Using some of her own life force, she summons envoys to help her. These envoys come in different shapes and sizes, and all have differentiating personalities. Along with this, they require Nero to fill in a requirement for her summoning them.​

Talents
Nero has a sharp perception due to her near-mute disposition. She watches carefully and plans heavily on her different types of strategies. This is also combined with her knowledge of magical ability and heavy reading binges in local libraries. She has a very great amount of acrobatic ability, due to her training with the Jewels.

Abilities
Nero is a master of various elemental and energy abilities. However, all of these abilities require focus. The Jewels are all the main driving forces of her energy, effectively leaving her somewhat powerless without them.

Personality
Nero is a very mysterious figure. Never speaking unless spoken to, she tends to keep all thing under wraps; showing emotion only through the eyes. Though apparently cold, she is always extremely caring when around those who could be considered weak. Due to her heritage as a Blood Demon, a Demon which feeds off of the blood of those around them, she is rather reclusive and prefers to stay away from others.

History/Backstory
While not a very well known race, Nero is what people would call a Blood Demon. These creatures are powerful shadowy beings that reside in reclusive areas. They thrive by feeding on blood, making them something akin to vampires. However, unlike vampires, they are capable of thriving in daylight or moonlight. On the full and new moon, however, they are required to eat something or their cells will not be capable of sustaining their energy; breaking down slowly until the Blood Demon rots away from the inside.

Theme Song: Winter Wind - Fytch

Role Playing Sample
Claire listened to the conversation, her hair still covering her eyes. Really, all of this noise. Sitting up, she readied herself to leave the cart, shaking her head. Her eyes peaked from under her rosy locks, gazing impassively at a crowd most unperturbed. "Oh joy, a mob," as if the world couldn't get more heartless. That's what they needed, a collective hive mind of complete disassociation and abstract schadenfreude. 'Just like them.'

Then again, she didn't really find herself that much of a victim. She did go around all of the other men, dressed in very little clothing. God forbid her midnight run-ins with those few dangerously handsome imperial guards. A fourteen year-old can only be exposed to and participate in so much before she was labelled an absolute slut. She'd earned that title before she became fifteen. And then, they gave up on her. She struggled to better herself; become at least a semi-productive citizen.

Feh, yeah right. And look where the hell that got her. Smack-dab in the middle of what might be her final moments. 'Screw that,' she thought insolently. She would find a way out, or damn her right to the deepest bowels of the underworld. Looking around, she found her vision skewered by the blur of migraines and hair obstruction. "Note to self... never get drunk before being wheeled off to death ever again."

If she got out of this, she'd make good on the promise. Probably. She wasn't an alcoholic, but she was definitely outgoing with the bottle. Looking into the crowds, she decided that now would be a good time to start thinking. 'Now... who can I use as a distraction?'

Last edited:
It's nice having the odd character out.

I latched on to the Sci-Fi a bit too much and went modern-day?

No, not at all, the point is your character can be ANYTHING :p

Name: Vincent Laurent

Race: Human (American). He shares his body with a monster named that is eating his nervous system.

Appearance: Vincent always wears a red, short-sleeved racing jacket, over a black t-shirt with a white skull on it. On his hands, he wears a pair of fingerless black gloves, and a pair of black denim jeans adorns his legs. He has a pair of black boots on his feet. As far as his body, he has somewhat pale skin, medium-length black hair, and green eyes. He has a slender build, and stands at six feet tall, weighing 150 pounds.

Character Class: The Fighter Classes: Other Names: Warrior, Soldier. In any game with classes, one of them will always map to the Fighter. The Fighter is the tank of a group and the most basic and broad class, usually recommended for beginners. The fighter is basically, the strong guy with heavy armor, a large melee weapon, and possibly a shield or second melee weapon. Compared to the other classes, Fighters tend to be powerful but slow.

Equipment: Vincent wields a baseball bat in combat. Not just a normal wooden one. The bat looks like it's made of copper. In reality, it's made of mithral. It's indestructible, and can reflect most magic attacks. Vincent wrote "Excalibat" on the side in black sharpie.

Talents: He played in Little League when he was, like, 10. Though it's been a long time, he does remember how to properly pitch and swing a bat, so he's good at throwing things and hitting things with baseball bats.

Abilities: Vincent has a...Thingy that the government put in him living in his right hand. It's slowly eating his nervous system, and will likely take control of him one day. On the upside, though, it grants him incredible strength. The main reason he wields a special bat isn't because it can reflect magic, although that is part of it. The main reason is because normal weapons break fairly quickly when he swings them. He can rip cars in half and throw them around easily, and can crush rocks in his hands with little trouble.

He also has incredible endurance. Rose is slowly eating his nerves, replacing them with itself. This means that things that would normally make a person scream in pain barely make him flinch. Even without this, he can survive things that would normally kill most people, because Rose gives him strong powers of regeneration. You could actually watch huge gashes repair themselves. If his arm was slice off, he could just put it back on by holding the severed member to the stump.

Rose makes him resistant to magical attacks. A fireball will still hurt, but not much. And he's very resistant to magical mind control.

Finally, Vincent can take the glove off the hand with Rose in it, giving the plant-thingy sunlight. This drastically improves all his powers, but also makes Rose able to take over more of his body. So he probably won't do it except in a pinch.

Personality: Vincent, despite being strong enough to rip people limb from limb, is actually a fairly timid, mild-mannered person. He has a very gentle disposition and dislikes confrontation. In an argument, he'd rather find a compromise than pick a side. He will protect the things he values, but he doesn't really have much like that these days outside of his parents and little sister. He is very kind natured, and will usually think of others before himself. In his spare time, he plays video games and likes manga a lot.

History/Backstory: When it was discovered Vincent was one of the prophesized, it kinda caused some problems. They're supposed to be the best of the best, but Vincent simply wasn't the best. He was physically weak, couldn't run without tripping over himself, and had a fairly low threshold for pain.

Luckily, the government had a pet project. Dubbed "Rose", it was a plant that went inside of people and enhanced their physical abilities. In exchange, it would eat their nervous system, slowly taking control of the subject's body. It can be removed, but only the government scientists know how. So Vincent needs to complete his service to the Sacred Army, or have his brain eaten by a plant living in his hand.

Theme Song: Nope.

Role Playing Sample: A little heavy by my standards, wasn't that?
Mr. Terroka was walking along wearing a hooded jacket. His red hat was over the hood. He never removed his hat. He was also reading a copy of Playboy he had bought at a gas station along the way. Why he was buying porn when he had internet access was anyone's guess. He saw Arachneo, and hastily tried to hide his porn. After some panicking, he put it under his hat.
"Oh! Ohoho! Um...Hello Mr. Arachneo! You are looking well!" He said.

I'll have this guy done soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom