• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll have...Some herbal tea...A croissant, a danish, a blueberry muffin, and two donuts, please." Vincent said, then turned to the group. "I'm a little worried about the people we fought...They knew a lot. And we still don't know what the ring does. Maybe...If we fed it to Seraeus..."

Ahmal swept his cloak open, revealling two bombs.

"I don't care how powerful you are, you won't be able to survive two bomb blasts. This bomb." He pointed to the one on his left and stepped towards Lilith. "Is an incendiary device. It may well not kill you, but it'll take out a fair few of your cronies and your fancy garden. However, the other is explosive. If this doesn't kill you the cave will collapse. You won't be able to escape and your immortality will mean nothing then. I don't care if we die, we'll take out more of you. Now tell me a good reason not to trigger them," he said.

OOC:
I'm going to start referring to you two as a "pair," rather than, "group." It seems clear to me that the others aren't going to post.

Lilith's red lips curved into a smile - a true smile, not a forced one, almost unnervingly so. "I have no reason whatsoever," she replied in a dangerous tone. She elected to call his bluff - would he really bring the whole cave structure down on them all?

"It would certainly be inconvenient to have to dig my way out of a collapsed cave, and no doubt take a decade or more - but make no mistake, I would escape. Vampires are notoriously hard to bury."

"-Not a good idea" Destiny cut Vincent off. "Obviously this ring is important. First chance we get, we are heading to that new objective on the map" The waitress left after getting everyone's order, quickly returning with the food.
------
"Come on guys, we can't talk this out?" Tye sighed as he looked at Ahmal. "Fine" He darted backwards, unleashing round after round of silver ammunition at the vampires. "I hope that silver burns like a bitch" Tye smirked.

"We'll deal with it when the time comes. For now we take well deserved break." Ame took a sip of her coffee. "Not bad."

Ahmal grabbed Tye.

"Come on, we have to get out of here. The stairs are thinner and easier to defend against multiple vampires," he said. He dragged Tye through the garden until they reached the stairs. The vampires were following hot on their heels and Ahmal sent arrows flying towards the unnatural creature. He nudged Tye and pointed down to his belt. The incendiary device wasn't there. "I've put it on a time setting," he explained. "It will cause no damage to the cave, and the range is only fifty metres. Don't worry." He slashed at a vampire with his Scimitar.

Destiny gently sipped at her hot chocolate slowly, "So guys, what do you think the ring was pointing toward on the map?"

"Hard to say. Could be our next clue, final destination, portal to another realm, treasure with along with another artifact guarded by a terrible creature... We'd have to go there and see for ourselves to be certain."

"No idea. For all we know, it could be pointing towards just some random place." Vincent said, eating a croissant. "But even that would help us, because then we'd know that's what the ring does."

"Well, we could always have a sneak preview ... " Tad suggested, with hint of enigma.

"Oh? Do tell? While I'm fine going in blind, it's always nice to have fair warning."

Tad immediately broke into a grin at Ame's question.

"Well, you see, I've got a few spells leftover from today, and one of them's a divination," he responded. His eyes began searching the immediate area. "All we need is a reflective surface of some kind ... "

Destiny pulled a small makeup mirror out of her bag satchel. "Will this work?" She smiled.
-------
OOC: So you want a sneak preview do you? :p

OOC: If it'll work, haha

---------------------------------------------
"Perfect! You might have to huddle round, though," Tad said, sizing up the object. "Once enchanted, the mirror'll answer any question anyone asks it with pictures; like magical charades, only not."

"Mirror Mirror," Tad intoned, clasping the compact with both hands. A faint but pretty golden light radiated from his palms, engulfing the mirror momentarily before fading. He then bent compact so that the cover propped up the silvery surface inside to face him when placed on the table.

"OK, who wants to go first?" He asked enthusiastically, deliberately not looking at Destiny's mirror as he did.

Last edited:
"Ask it anything?" Destiny asked, rhetorically. "Sure...so mirror, where are we headed on our next mission?" The image focused on a small "slit" in a wall of reddish rock, panning out it was revealed to be a cave entrance...in the grand canyon. "Wow" Destiny commented.

Ame blinked. "Arizona? Wow. There's a bunch of old magic there."

As the growing mass of swirling bats engulfed the pair, pursuing them, Lilith was pierced by one of Tye's silver bullets, falling to the ground with a shrill cry as she began to dissolve from the chest out, collapsing to the ground in a heap of dust.

As the pair approached the stairs, a clowd of bats burst forth in front of them, dropping to the ground and morphing into the form of Lilith once more, now engulfed in what appeared to be black, wipy flames as she blocked their paths, a look of unparalleled fury in her now purple eyes.

"Enough games, you came to find a master vampire, and I am the mistress of them all!" With a raspy, shrieking cry that echoed through the vast caverns and twisting, diverging paths of the cave structure, the entire cavern system appeared to morph before their eyes, transforming into an impossible labyrinth of endless branching paths, sharp drop-offs, and dead-ends, now completely unrecognizable from the way they had entered. A faint, purple glow of magical energy emanated from every crack in the rockface.

"Apparently so," Tad replied, now biting his lip. The only thing he recalled from his studies about ancient magic relating to the Grand Canyon was something about a dimensional door ... or perhaps it was a great spirit path. He struggled to remember precisely how the details fit together, or even what they were. It was just a tiny cameo in an obscure, long-winded text he'd read long ago; he couldn't even remember its name. Either way, it was starting to sound eerily similar to what Morgan had said in the temple.

"Mirror, what is the 'Seeker of Fate'?"

OOC: Can someone mention the bomb please?

Ahmal started as Lilith materialised in front of him. All around him the cave started to shift into a maze, the rock dissolving and melting like playdough. The maze was completed and Lilith nowhere to be seen. He knew that somewhere in here there would be an exit, and many traps.

"Tye, we should move," he said before moving off.

"Yeah, let's go" Tye took off, speeding through the maze. However, he held back so that Ahmal could keep pace. We have to find a way out of here... "Ahmal, where is that bomb" Tye asked over his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom