• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Don't forget @Yun; :)

Tad's prepared spells:

• Mirror Mirror – Enchant any reflective surface for divination.
  • Cat's Eyes – Assume feline vision, vastly improving night sight and detection of magical auras. Side effect(s): photosensitivity and eyeshine.
  • De-spell – Breaks all active enchantments, curses and similar over a small area.
  • Eostre's Electromagnetic Intervention – Summon a rainbow to travel great distances with.
  • Sealing Wish – Issue a short prayer to cure minor injuries.
  • Psychic Suture – Completely seal moderate injuries by thought alone.
  • Rock Block – A stone barrier rises up before the caster for protection.
  • Wall of Weird – Throw up an iridescent curtain of light that disturbs & draws in beholders with strange visions.
  • Fireball (x3) – Conjure & throw a tennis ball sized sphere of flame.
  • Sabre-toothed Strike – Launch a swift and ferocious attack by tooth and claw.
  • Flight of the Air Elementals – Invoke a swarm of slyphs to summon a mighty gale.

--------

Tad strode into the room, all set to go. He noticed Vince at Destiny's side, and felt some bile rise. He hadn't seen her again last night, after her "chat" with Vincent, whom he was beginning to dislike. He had been so ambiguous about the source of his power, and then he'd urgently needed to see a girl he'd met less than a day ago. What was he up to?

He tried not to let on to his suspicions, however; he flashed them both a friendly face, before taking a seat nearby.

Last edited:
What, no mention for poor @Garuru;?

I'm insulted. :p

Seraeus had tried to get a good night's sleep. But, in the end, he was just too excited about this whole thing. He was already in a world so far away from what he knew, there'd be so much to discover! He wondered if anybody else had some neat stories to tell him.

Like, uh, that dragon.

He sat down next to her.

"Psst. I hear you're a traveler. I am as well, and I'm sure we've both seen a lot. Perhaps we could exchange some stories later, whenever we're bored?"

Rising early, Lilith took a few minutes to stretch, limbering up for the day to come, before dressing. Tying her scarlet hair back out of her eyes, she glanced blankly into the mirror for a moment, shrugging with a disinterested smirk as she turned for the door.

Making her way downstairs she entered the Main Hall to find the others already gathered around the tabled. Spying an empty seat, she slid up beside Ahmal, pulling her chair up comfortably, or perhaps uncomfortably, close.

"Morning, sunshine," she quipped, not really expecting a response from the reserved warrior.

"So first thing is first" Tye looked around to everybody. "I'm splitting all of you into two fire-teams, these teams have been completely randomized and will be switched every mission" He smiled. "Team 1: Vincent, Tad, Ame, Destiny, and Seraeus. Team 2: Ahmal, Nero, Sid, Lillith, and Myself."
----
OOC: Any objections? It was completely random, other than needs purely for plot.
----
Destiny smiled and looked at Vincent and Tad. "Yay, we're all together" She smiled. Destiny then leaned over to Tad and whispered to him: "Sorry about last night, I'll make it up to you eventually" She smiled and leaned back into her seat.

OOC: Just one: Is Nero male or female? The sign-up says female, but in all but one of Yun's posts he has referred to Nero as, "he."

"Sounds like we'll be getting to know each other quite well," Lilith said, looking at Ahmal.

"Forgive me," she continued, turning back to Tye, "but you haven't yet divulged where you're sending us."

"I was getting to that" Tye laughed. "Team 2 You will be headed to a system of desert mountains in northern Iraq, weird place to hunt Vampires...but apparently they have some concerns about this specific cult. Team 1: You will all be to some ruins in the jungle of Brazil, unexplored by anyone before, they think it may be home to some sort of artifact?" Tye looked to the group. "Any questions?"

"A strange place to hunt vampires indeed..." Lilith mused quietly. Vampires in her homeland? The world was certainly becoming a stranger place by the minute.

"By 'vampire,' what do you mean?" she asked, vampire legends were many and diverse, what precisely might they be facing?

"What kind of artifact?" Vincent asked. "The kind with a demon sealed inside, or the kind we can use to defend stuff, or...?" He turned to Destiny and Tad. He guessed Tad might be a little miffed at him. He wanted to be friends with him, even if he did try to get in Destiny's pants. But...He didn't even know the guy. And he didn't know anything about magic. And the guy wasn't exactly approachable. Vincent got the feeling Tad would just make fun of him if he tried to talk about magic. So he decided to talk with Destiny and just hope Tad decided to be nice. Or...There was one issue they had common ground on.

"Tad, do you know a lot about artifacts?"

Tye looked at Lillith, "Not quite sure, command has said that they are very civilized...but monsters none the less, preying on the weak, the innocent" He sighed. "And as to the artifact, we don't know.."
------
Destiny smiled, seeing the two boys talking. It's nice to see them getting along... "So an artifact? I wonder what kind of magic it uses?" She whispered to herself.

"Maybe...I can use magic weapons. Like my bat." Vincent said, pointing to the golden bat in it's case along his back. It looked like it was made of gold, with blue cloth wrapped around the handle.

"That's really cool...what is it?" Destiny was confused. "Is it some sort of club?" to the Angel, baseball was a foreign concept. Destiny actually had no knowledge of human sports.

Vincent was a little surprised she didn't know what it was. But then he realized she grew up in a lab.
"Kind of..." Vincent took it out. In sharpie, he had written "Excalibat" one side. "It's normally used for a sport, where one person throws a ball, and the other person hits it. For me, it's...Yeah, it's more or less a club. I might be able to use it for baseball...But it's been a long time since I played it. If you want to play a game, though, maybe we could all form a team?"

"A team? Of people who throw balls at each other...and your only defense is a bat?" Destiny asked, still slightly confused. "I'll never understand human games" She laughed.

OOC: If any members are on, please post that your character is present. When I have a few from each team I will finally skip to our mission objectives. XD

Last edited:
(OOC: @Master Mew; Done on purpose, due to the fact that no one actually knows Nero's gender. I was writing in a slightly Third Person Limited, where I would address Nero by how most would see her as... before I pull the reveal. The omniscient writing is mixed in so that her character can have insight.)

"Close enough...It's a little more complex than that, but that's about the gist of it." Vincent said. "What about chess? Ever played it?"

"Actually yes" Destiny perked up. "I remember playing it when I was in...wherever I came from...it was slightly different, an Ayther version but the same basic principle. She giggled.

"Oh! Vampires! I've never seen them, but I've heard so much about them. Yeah, I'd like to know what type of vampires these are. Are they immortal? Do they turn into bats? Do they get burned by daylight? I mean, I guess it's kind of important for me to know, as I'll be eating them. I mean, uh, not like that! I'll just take a bite out of one, that's already dead. Unless you need me to eat them, I mean? That just sounds weird though."

Lilith shot a disturbed look at Seraeus, "Remind me again why you would eat a vampire?" She looked sufficiently unsettled.

"Um. So I can gain its power, or turn into one. I mean, it's how I get stronger, pretty much. Like, if vampires have infinite blood like I hear they do sometimes, well, that'd be a cool thing to have yourself, right? but if they burn in daylight, that'd suck. Well I guess I'll just have to find out when we get there."

He then kept quiet, embarrassed over his social faux pas.

"Vampires," Ahmal said, sipping his tea. He had never drunk tea before but it was quite nice. Maybe the indidels did have some good ideas. "At least the scenery will be good. I'm more Saudi, but I spent a few years in Iraq back in my days with the Jihadists. What next?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom