• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: Final skip until the end of missions
-------
Tye now found himself in the rocky terrain of Northern Iraq, he stood on top of a large rock. Surveying the area, he relayed the groups position down to them at the base of the rock. "Guys, it looks like are best bet is a big crag in the wall about a half-mile hike up the mountain. Tye said as he slid down the side of the rock, back into the group. "Ready to get going? We just have a little more to walk" He said as he began to walk up the narrow mountain trail.
-------
"I freakin' hate the jungle!" Destiny screamed as her hair got caught on one of the many low-hanging branches. She tried to pull her long-blonde hair out of the branch, "Ow" Destiny said before finally freeing it. "Where is the stupid temple anyway?" She had her headphones on around her neck, they played music quietly. The group had been walking through the dense Brazilian jungle for hours.

Tad immediately broke into a broad grin, on hearing their mission objective. He'd always wanted to visit the rainforests!

"Tad, do you know a lot about artifacts?"

"Only from what I've read," He replied. Whilst he wasn't particularly fond Vince, Tad wanted to at least appear amicable to him--mostly for information, and partly for Destiny's sake.

"You two appear to be the real experts, though," Tad said with a nod to her flute, and his bat.

"Maybe...I can use magic weapons. Like my bat." He said, pointing to the weapon in question. It was very pretty, Tad gave him that; a sort of vermillion that reminded him of the sky at dusk. Probably just some minor enchantment, perhaps even the source of his strength, but interesting nonetheless.

---------------------------------------

"Hai yah!" Tad grunted, at the head of the party, slashing through some more vines and clearing the way with his hunting knife--he loved the jungle!

"Come on, Destiny! We're probably not far now!" He shouted, too engrossed in the mission to notice she had her hair caught in something. He was pumped!

Last edited:
"Someone's in a good mood..." Vincent said, moving to try and help Destiny untangle her hair before realizing she had already done so. He didn't care at all about vines and stuff. He just walked right through them.

"Thank you Vincent" Destiny smiled and walked with him. "I-I'm sorry about yesterday...It just really upset me that I couldn't do anything to help, I shouldn't have left" She looked away. We must be at least close to that stupid temple... Despite everything, the group failed to notice that they were being stalked.

Ahmal fitted a silver arrow into his bow. He didn't know whether the Vampires would feel it any differently, but he felt more comfortable with the arrow knocked.

"Wouldn't it just be easier to throw a bomb in and let the cave collapse?" he asked Tye in front of him. So far the American had shown himself to be an efficient leader. He loved to feel the heat on his back again, the whole place reminded him of home.

"Don't worry about it. I...Shouldn't have unloaded all that stuff on you. I should be the one who's sorry." Vincent said, clearing the branches in front of them.

"We can't be sure that way" Tye commented, looking over his shoulder to Ahmal. "If the Master Vampire survives, he could start a whole new brood of vampires"
-----
"No I'm glad you opened up" Destiny smiled warmly. "It's not healthy to keep that all inside"

Tad jogged ahead a little, then stopped to survey the surrounding area. He had the feeling he was being watched, for some reason, but there was only the group he could see around him, and he couldn't hear anything strange either.

"OK, according to the map, we are ... " Tad announced, as he retrieved one from his satchel, "huh. That's weird."

"...Tad, are we lost?" Vincent said. He would have asked if Tad had the feeling they were being followed too. But he was hoping it was just his imagination.
"Mr. Seraeus...I don't want to seem racist, but do lizardmen have any tracking powers?"

"I don't get lost," Tad replied, double checking his directions even as he spoke. According to the map, they should be on the temple's doorstep by now. But he couldn't see anything--they hadn't even been attacked yet!

Just as Tad spoke, the ground beneath him rose up. The clearing had been the resting place of a behemoth, of which Tad was now on his back. Behemoth.jpg The behemoth was easily the size of two full-grown elephants. It let out a terrible roar, bucking Tad off in front of him, he raised his hand high and brought it down in an extremely powerful smash, aimed at Tad.
-------
Destiny gasped as she saw the monster emerge. "Oh my-" She quickly drew her flute.

"Tad! Watch out!" Vincent said, and rushed over, bringing his hands up to try and stop the beast.

OOC: You sure know how to surprise someone, @Tye Taylors; XD

----------
"HOLY SHIII-" Tad screamed as was flung into the air, smashing through the forest canopy and landing roughly on the floor with a painful "crack". Dazed and in pain, he didn't have time to see the next attack coming his way.

Though Vincent caught the blow, the ground shattered beneath him from the force of the impact. This drove Vincent into the ground, the beast pulled back it's hand and used it's huge mouth to bite at Vincent.
------
Destiny began playing her flute. The magical song casted a magical barrier over Tad to prevent him from further harm while he recuperated. "Move!" She yelled with urgency in her voice.

Tad shot up immediately, dashing to his left, just beyond the treeline of the new clearing.

"Ow." Vincent said, as the beast got his arm. He twisted it just in time to stop his limb from being slice clean off. He grabbed the monster's tongue and squeezed it as hard as he could, gouging at while he swung his bat at the Behemoth's face.

"Now that wasn't very nice," He muttered to himself, as he drew himself up in the tree cover.

"Sabre-toothed Strike!" He yelled. Instantly his nails grew longer, and stronger, like talons, whilst his teeth turned razor-sharp. Fangs bared, and with all the speed of a black panther, he pouched at the beast's side from the trees.

Last edited:
"OK, then, if you insist. Do you want me to lead the way? I'm probably lighter than all of you and I can test the ground to see how strong it is," Ahmal replied.

The bite attack ripped into Vincent's arm, you could see drops of red dripping from it's jaws. His head recoiled back however, releasing the arm when hit with the bat. Though Tad began to try to tear the hide of the behemoth it was like leather and stone, being extremely thick.
------
Destiny played yet another melody. This one shot a serpent made of fire at the beast, however just as it hit the creature, it dispersed. "What?" She thought, as she was confused. Wait... "Guys, It's unaffected by magic!" She yelled to the other team members.
------
Tye turned to Ahmal "Sounds like a good idea" The group had gotten to a gorge, the path had towering walls on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom