• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent was a little startled at Destiny swearing, but not enough that his gaze didn't immediately fall on the ring. He slid over, grabbing it.
"I have the ring, guys!...What does it do?" Vincent asked. He then realized he should probably protect the magic-users, and ran between Destiny, Tad, and the knight.

Hold yer horses, this is a reserved post. It's going to have to be a long post, as I have a lot to catch up on. You guys are just so fast. Sorry for falling behind, but I'm a college student, and I have classes to focus on

((OOC: Yay, we missed you! I know how you feel, though; I start uni again soon. In fact, I have afternoon induction lecture tomoz, so imma get some shut-eye. See you all tomoz))

Seraeus had kept quiet this whole time, saying little. When Vincent approached him to ask a question, he replied no. What he was shocked by, was the fact that Vincent actually did not want to seem racist! Everybody back in his region were perfectly okay with being racist. G-gosh, could this mean a new life for him? At this, he perked up, and became noticably happier. This continued for a while, then, out of the blue, a gigantic monster came out.

He lingered back, preparing a magic spell to try and immobilize it, but Destiny called out that this monster was impervious to most magicks.

Shit... I'll have to get in close and take a bite, won't I?

He creeped in closer, unnoticed by anyone. The behemoth was thrashing back and forth, but he actually managed to touch it. Its skin was tough and leathery. He'd break his teeth for sure if he tried to bite it! He drew back again, and saw that Vincent had its tongue in a tight grip. And the monster was biting down on his arm, hard.

Oh gods. He can't die. Not here. He was the only one to actually be friendly to me. Hm. Actually the tongue could be its weak point. If I can just, ugh, get my mouth in there.

Tad's voice rang out, and called him closer. Having nothing he was able to do, he obliged. Tad then grabbed them all, and teleported them in his mouth. Wha-? This was perfect!

"Thank you, Tad. This is exactly what I wanted."

Quicker than the eye could see, he took a bite out of the beast's tongue.

"Ugh. Okay I got it. It'll take a few moments for me to digest it, but, well, now I can be impervious to magic! Haha, that's just wonderful!"

Then he tripped, as the tongue reacted violently. He, as well as the others, fell. Into the beast's stomach.

Oh... shit.

Everybody started cutting at the beast's stomach walls. So he did what he does best, and started biting away. The taste was absolutely vile, but he continued to wear away at the walls. Vital fluids started oozing in, spraying him with questionable liquids. And then, it stopped. The beast was dying.

It dissolved, and he was outside. Thank the gods that he managed to take a bit of it with him. Wait... if it dissolved, it may not have been alive to begin with. Hm. Nah, it definitely had some flesh, he could still gain its power.

He helped the other mages heal up the injured, but he himself needed no rejuvenation.

They walked further, and they came across a temple. It was pretty cool-looking. He was anxious to get to exploring this whole place right away, but he had to stick with the group. Or at least he thinks he has to. Wait, they never said anything about sticking together, did they? In fact, pretty much everybody ignored him most of the time. Well, fine, if he wouldn't be missed. He started to wander off a bit.

He walked alongside the group, catching glimpses of them through side passages. As he walked, he took in the majestic runes on the walls. They were beautiful. If only he knew what they meant.

He must have wandered too far ahead, as he couldn't see them anymore. He began to make his way back.

It was a while before he actually found them. And when he finally did, they were in danger. A huge armored figure was looming in front of them, about to kill them. He couldn't let this happen. He finally walked forwards, appearing to the group... plus one new person. He did a double-take, and decided to ask them later.

"Well. Let's fight this thing then, shall we? I believe I've actually finished digesting that behemoth, ugh, tongue. It'll be a while before I can actually become as big as it, so right now, I'm just impervious to magic."

He ran forth, and joined Vincent. Already, his skin was thickening, becoming like the behemoth's. He took out a few daggers. It wasn't much, but it was all he could do. He would protect the others with everything he had.

Alright. Sorry for the long post, but please don't complain about it, as I've missed so much, and this is just making up for it. Posts will be more frequent from here on out, hopefully. Also, if I've made a continuity error, you can just contact me and I'll edit the post.

Lilith instinctively drew her scimitar as she heard the rustling of robes, two hooded men dropping down on either side of them. Turning her back against Tye's, she pointed her sword at the throat of the assailant who had appeared behind them, while Tye conversed with the one in front.

"Five is hardly 'alone,'" she replied tersely, "In fact, our numbers are greaters than yours." She now slowly crept toward the hooded figure, keeping her sword positioned between them, "You greet us as if we were anticipated guests..." She now circled the hooded figure, as a lioness circles stronger prey, looking for an opening... "Show yourself!" She lunged forward, flicking her wrist as her scimitar's edge slipped across the seam of the man's hood.

Ahmal loosed an arrow at one of the etheral figures before drawing his own scimitar. He gave a battle cry before charging into the fray.

OOC: What group is Sid with?
--------
The vampires were extremely fast, the first one ducked under Lillith's sword and it grabbed hold of her, trying to use it's super strength to throw her into the gorge wall, he easily dodged the arrow. The second, took Tye by surprise, he jumped on top of him and began to beat his chest with it's claws.
--------
Normally a leather jacket would rip and Tye would be impaled right now, however his enchanted jacket worked like steel armor. "Damn Vampires" He remarked before kicking the beast off of him. Drawing his M1911s, he unleashed a silver bullets into the target, the silver burnt the vampires flesh, dropping him to one knee.
-------
Morgan simply put her hand up, grabbing the fireball and crushing it in her hand. "I am Morgan Le Fay, the strongest magical being to ever grace this realm with my presence" She laughed. Morgan looked down to Vincent, who had the ring, she had a look of displeasure. "Give that to me boy!" She said, shooting a barrage green fire balls at him and the group.
-------
The Black Knight laughed, "You think you can hurt me with a mere blade?" He knocked Ame's sword to the ground with his before slicing through the column that was nearly 4 ft thick in a single slash.
------
Destiny casted her defense spell, putting a barrier over herself, the fireballs began to crack the barrier. "Shit"

"Blade, no. Just trying to see how you like to fight." She said as she went for a stabbing maneuver with her tail.

The tail came at the knight, he parried the tail with his vambrace. "Oh no you don't" He swung his huge sword in a vertical motion down on Ame.

A look of unrivaled rage crossed Lilith's countenance as the vampire ducked under her blade and attempted to hurl her into the cliff-face. As she connected with the rock wall she kicked off, flipping swiftly over the vampire's head and landing behind him, slashing at the back of his neck before swiftly, almost instantly, leg-sweeping under him and rolling around in front, stabbing straight at his heart.

He was fast, no doubt, but faster than her? She would put him through his paces and find out.

Ame turns her hair to metal to ward of the blade, and parries with her head. She then attacks again, this time with tooth and claw. "If I can a moment, I can breath fire. Hopefully it'll compromise his armor, seeing as it isn't ordinary flame."

"If you don't stop, I'll...I'll crush it in my hand!" Vincent said, the fireballs hitting him. They hurt, but not much.
"So stop fighting right now. We can talk this over, right?"

Morgan laughed, "You wouldn't crush the ring...it's the only way to save yourselves" She smirked. "Don't trust me? You should, I swear that thing is your only chance to survive this entire ordeal." Morgan stopped where she stood, "Hand it over and you can all walk out, right now"
------
The vampire was fast enough to dodge the first attack from Lillith, the second though got him right in the chest. He howled in pain as he fell to his knee, the sword in his chest. He looked up almost instantly, into the woman's face. "You missed" The vampire gasped, pulling out a capsule he quickly swallowed it. He pulled off the blade and regenerated the gash in his chest. The vampire darted back, "Blood capsules...for quick healing"
-----
The knight took a few steps back, slashing another column while Ame was distracted.

Something clicked. "He's trying to destroy all the columns! The ceiling could come down on us!"

"Impossible," Lilith spat, examining the unbloodied blade of her scimitar. Had she really missed his heart? The vampire appeared to be on the retreat now, and she would have none of it. Backflipping off the wall, she kicked a cloud of dust and sand into the air before emerging alarmingly quickly behind her foe, stabbing once again at his heart - though this time from behind and veering off point slightly at the last second anticipating an attempted dodge.

"That's not true. You have no reason to let us live once you have the ring. And you haven't exactly been truthful in the past. So make your knight stop. Now." Vincent said. "If either of you move, the ring's gone."

Last edited:
OOC: @Plumbum
Okay, I'm back, what'd I miss?
The Sacred Army has broken up into two teams:
"So first thing is first" Tye looked around to everybody. "I'm splitting all of you into two fire-teams, these teams have been completely randomized and will be switched every mission" He smiled. "Team 1: Vincent, Tad, Ame, Destiny, and Seraeus. Team 2: Ahmal, Nero, Sid, Lillith, and Myself."

Our team (Team 2) was dispatched to a remote location in Iraq to hunt down a clan of dangerous vampires:
"Sounds like we'll be getting to know each other quite well," Lilith said, looking at Ahmal.

"Forgive me," she continued, turning back to Tye, "but you haven't yet divulged where you're sending us."
"I was getting to that" Tye laughed. "Team 2 You will be headed to a system of desert mountains in northern Iraq, weird place to hunt Vampires...but apparently they have some concerns about this specific cult. Team 1: You will all be to some ruins in the jungle of Brazil, unexplored by anyone before, they think it may be home to some sort of artifact?" Tye looked to the group. "Any questions?"
"A strange place to hunt vampires indeed..." Lilith mused quietly. Vampires in her homeland? The world was certainly becoming a stranger place by the minute.

"By 'vampire,' what do you mean?" she asked, vampire legends were many and diverse, what precisely might they be facing?
Tye looked at Lillith, "Not quite sure, command has said that they are very civilized...but monsters none the less, preying on the weak, the innocent" He sighed.
"Oh! Vampires! I've never seen them, but I've heard so much about them. Yeah, I'd like to know what type of vampires these are. Are they immortal? Do they turn into bats? Do they get burned by daylight? I mean, I guess it's kind of important for me to know, as I'll be eating them. I mean, uh, not like that! I'll just take a bite out of one, that's already dead. Unless you need me to eat them, I mean? That just sounds weird though."
Lilith shot a disturbed look at Seraeus, "Remind me again why you would eat a vampire?" She looked sufficiently unsettled.
"Um. So I can gain its power, or turn into one. I mean, it's how I get stronger, pretty much. Like, if vampires have infinite blood like I hear they do sometimes, well, that'd be a cool thing to have yourself, right? but if they burn in daylight, that'd suck. Well I guess I'll just have to find out when we get there."

He then kept quiet, embarrassed over his social faux pas.
"Vampires," Ahmal said, sipping his tea. He had never drunk tea before but it was quite nice. Maybe the indidels did have some good ideas. "At least the scenery will be good. I'm more Saudi, but I spent a few years in Iraq back in my days with the Jihadists. What next?"

Team 2 is now on location in Iraq, and has been assailed by two hooded figures - vampires, though the group doesn't technically know it yet:
Tye now found himself in the rocky terrain of Northern Iraq, he stood on top of a large rock. Surveying the area, he relayed the groups position down to them at the base of the rock. "Guys, it looks like are best bet is a big crag in the wall about a half-mile hike up the mountain. Tye said as he slid down the side of the rock, back into the group. "Ready to get going? We just have a little more to walk" He said as he began to walk up the narrow mountain trail.
Ahmal fitted a silver arrow into his bow. He didn't know whether the Vampires would feel it any differently, but he felt more comfortable with the arrow knocked.

"Wouldn't it just be easier to throw a bomb in and let the cave collapse?" he asked Tye in front of him. So far the American had shown himself to be an efficient leader. He loved to feel the heat on his back again, the whole place reminded him of home.
"We can't be sure that way" Tye commented, looking over his shoulder to Ahmal. "If the Master Vampire survives, he could start a whole new brood of vampires"
"OK, then, if you insist. Do you want me to lead the way? I'm probably lighter than all of you and I can test the ground to see how strong it is," Ahmal replied.
Tye turned to Ahmal "Sounds like a good idea" The group had gotten to a gorge, the path had towering walls on both sides.
Ahmal slung his bow over his arm, and started climbing the gorge, water trickled underneath him and he saw a waterfall in the distance. He saw a bat flying out of the waterfall and ducked underneath it. The creature was gone before he could shoot it.

"Strange behaviour for a bat..." he said to Tye and the others.
"We're not climbing the gorge!" Tye called after Ahmal as he continued walking with the group down the trail.
"Shame, because I just saw a bat flying out from a waterfall in broad daylight. I'd say that climbing this is a good idea," he yelled down to Tye.
"Our info says that it is closer to the top" Tye yelled up. "Ahmal, down now please" He called.
Ahmal jumped down from the gorge onto the path.

"If you insist. Let's go," he said before stalking up the mountain.
Lilith squinted painfully in the bright middle-eastern sun, straining to look up the cliffside for Ahmal's bat. It was evident she had spent too long away from the desert, she was beginning to sunburn.

"We are sure that's not the spot?" she inquired of Tye, "I should hope you have trustworthy sources."
As the group walked through the gorge, two shadowy figures watched them, both hooded. "I hate this sun...but the queen is right...not many would look for vampires out here" You could only see the lower half of his face, which revealed a smirk. The other spoke up, "And the ones that do come through make great meals" He slowly ran his tongue over his fangs.
As they progressed through the gorge, Lilith tensed suddenly - not altering her pace, she murmured quietly (her accent only thickened by her nerves), "We are being watched."
The two vampires dropped down from the gorge, one behind the group and one in front. "Hello travelers, what are you doing out here alone?" The pair said in perfect unison. They were beneath hoods, you couldn't see the pale skin or their faces. As long as they didn't open their mouth and bare their fangs, you would have thought they were human if you'd never seen a vampire before.
--------
Tye was obviously unnerved, he could tell there was something...off about these two. "That is none of your concern" he stated plainly, standing his ground from the front vampire.
Lilith instinctively drew her scimitar as she heard the rustling of robes, two hooded men dropping down on either side of them. Turning her back against Tye's, she pointed her sword at the throat of the assailant who had appeared behind them, while Tye conversed with the one in front.

"Five is hardly 'alone,'" she replied tersely, "In fact, our numbers are greaters than yours." She now slowly crept toward the hooded figure, keeping her sword positioned between them, "You greet us as if we were anticipated guests..." She now circled the hooded figure, as a lioness circles stronger prey, looking for an opening... "Show yourself!" She lunged forward, flicking her wrist as her scimitar's edge slipped across the seam of the man's hood.
Ahmal loosed an arrow at one of the etheral figures before drawing his own scimitar. He gave a battle cry before charging into the fray.
The vampires were extremely fast, the first one ducked under Lillith's sword and it grabbed hold of her, trying to use it's super strength to throw her into the gorge wall, he easily dodged the arrow. The second, took Tye by surprise, he jumped on top of him and began to beat his chest with it's claws.
--------
Normally a leather jacket would rip and Tye would be impaled right now, however his enchanted jacket worked like steel armor. "Damn Vampires" He remarked before kicking the beast off of him. Drawing his M1911s, he unleashed a silver bullets into the target, the silver burnt the vampires flesh, dropping him to one knee.
A look of unrivaled rage crossed Lilith's countenance as the vampire ducked under her blade and attempted to hurl her into the cliff-face. As she connected with the rock wall she kicked off, flipping swiftly over the vampire's head and landing behind him, slashing at the back of his neck before swiftly, almost instantly, leg-sweeping under him and rolling around in front, stabbing straight at his heart.

He was fast, no doubt, but faster than her? She would put him through his paces and find out.
The vampire was fast enough to dodge the first attack from Lillith, the second though got him right in the chest. He howled in pain as he fell to his knee, the sword in his chest. He looked up almost instantly, into the woman's face. "You missed" The vampire gasped, pulling out a capsule he quickly swallowed it. He pulled off the blade and regenerated the gash in his chest. The vampire darted back, "Blood capsules...for quick healing"
"Impossible," Lilith spat, examining the unbloodied blade of her scimitar. Had she really missed his heart? The vampire appeared to be on the retreat now, and she would have none of it. Backflipping off the wall, she kicked a cloud of dust and sand into the air before emerging alarmingly quickly behind her foe, stabbing once again at his heart - though this time from behind and veering off point slightly at the last second anticipating an attempted dodge.

...And now... we're all caught up! :)

Sorry for all the quotes, guys.

OOC: Huh. When I asked about vampires, I totally mixed the teams up. I kinda thought I'd be killing vampires. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom