• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sacred Army: Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We should get back to HQ," Tad suggested, after a moment of silence. "The sooner we return, the sooner we can find out what's so special about Nevada."

"I don't think it's Nevada" Destiny laughed. "But you're right, we need to get back to HQ" She pushed Tad playfully for no reason, before smirking.

"I was just wandering. There's a lot of weird stuff up there, so I was wondering if there was a shot of this being related. But if it's not." Ame shrugs. "How are we getting back to HQ anyway."

Lilith led the way down the staircase, minding her feet on the narrow, smooth steps. She was glad now that she had thought to bring a torch, as even though her eyes had adjusted by now, it was still incredibly dark. Shadows danced across the cave walls as they descended deeper into the cave system, flickering in and out of sight with the torchlight. The descent seemed to carry on forever.

"My apologies, U. S. geography isn't my strong point," said Tad, returning her smile. He then turned to Ame, saying, "Oh, I'm sure a priceless magical artefact will more than reimburse our benevolent overlords for the cost of a few plane tickets," before leading the way to the exit.

Ame coughs. "Yeah, I'll have to decline on the plane tickets. Whenever I go to the airport, I cause issues...with..technical...difficulties." She coughed.

"Are you OK?" Tad asked, noting the sudden coughing fit Ame appeared to be suffering from. Perhaps she was injured in some way from the fight, and required healing. "What kinds of issues exactly, anyway?"

"Let's just say that metal detectors are not my friend and leave it at that." She said, flexing her left hand with the metal gauntlet.

"Huh. Well, unless you two lovely ladies feel like doing a bit of transcontinental aerial transport, we'll have to take a ship or something."

Last edited:
"Meh, I can fly. My wings aren't for looks."

Ahmal followed Lilith down the staircase. The rock was dry and the wall smooth.

"Do you think that the Vampires made this?" he asked Tye.

"I can fly too. I don't really like airplanes all that much either. So, uh, I guess it's just you and me, Ame."

"At least we'll have each other to talk to." She grins.

"You're gonna have to get used to it eventually" Destiny commented. "That's probably how they're gonna be sending us places, but as for right now...I can transport us back" She suggested.
-------
As the group reached the base of the staircase, they found themselves in a garden. Greenery was everywhere, the ceiling was high, this allowed for trees to grow everywhere. There were also many bushes and vines hanging from the trees, this was all lit by crystals in the ceiling which glowed blue over everything. "Wow" This was all Tye could say, there was a long passage through the vegetation. At the end you could see a coffin propped up, on top of a stone base. "There must be our Master Vampire" Tye said as he started to walk down the path.

"I'll tackle it as it comes I guess." Ame said contemplatively. "They'd have to make it so I don't pass through the metal detectors, because I can't take this damn gauntlet off my hand." She thought to herself.

Lilith slotted her torch into a cleft in the rock, seeing as she no longer needed it - the glowing crystals in the ceiling provided more than ample lighting. Keeping her scimitar ready, she now brought up the rear of the group, watching their backs as they progressed through the vast, vegetated cavern. She eyed the foliage that grew up around them on either side warily, though still keeping an eye on the sarcophagus further down the path as they approached.

Ahmal followed Tye through the foliage, treading carefully to avoid the twigs. He felt the forest bursting with life unlike anywhere that he had seen in the Holy Lands. He wondered where the water that fed this jungle came from. He heard light rustling around him but ignored it, it was probably just insects. A huge sacophagus stood before the group as they approached and Ahmal kept his bow raised.

"A bomb might be an idea?" he asked Tye, but already knew that the reply would be no. They didn't want to risk anything here, especially with the Master Vampire before them. "Have you heard from Team 2 yet?" he asked.

"No, Destiny has the radio receiver though" Tye led the group to the clearing which held the sarcophagus. Slowly, the lid began to slide off...

Ahmal pointed his bow towards the moving lid. He wondered what was going to come out of the coffin.

As the others surrounded the sarcophagus, Lilith had slipped quietly off the path and into the foliage, climbing up onto a grassy plateau overlooking the sarcophagus. As she watched Ahmal training his bow on the slowly widening opening between the stone lid and the lip of the coffin, she stepped back and ran her hand along the bark of a large tree that dominated the room, its low-hanging limbs fingering their way across most of the massive space. A thick, glimmering green vine ran the length of the trunk, twisting its way through the branches.

Any moment now, they would peer inside the ancient stone coffin and find it empty... reaching up, she idly slipped her fingers around a round, gold-colored fruit dripping with dew, plucking it from its stem on the branch and brought it to her mouth, biting into it with a crisp crunch, as the fruit yielded its sweet juices. Color slowly returned to her cheeks as she smiled, waiting patiently for the group below, still huddled around the sarcophagus, to realize where they were and who was hunting whom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom