• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Saddest Anime/Manga You Watched/Read...:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Saddest Anime You Watched...:'(

Michiko to Hatchin made me cry quite a bit during some of the episodes, and that happened a few times while I watched Kuchu Buranko. So I say those anime until I watch a few more different series.

I was going to say something about being incredibly unoriginal with my Grave of the Fireflies pick, but it seems I'm the first to mention that?

Either way, that.

Yeah, I came here expecting to see a lot of Grave of the Fireflies mentions as well. Definitely the saddest one that I've seen.

The anime I watch have some sad parts, but they're spread out.

Not really "sad," per se, but the ending of Death Note reminded me of a Shakespearean tragedy. No one really got a happy ending.

End of K-on!! gave me a few tears cause of Azu-nyan...

I think every episode of Madoka after episode 3 found a way for me to want to bawl my eyes out.

Air

^Could Easily rival Clannad probably cause of the way
Mizuzu dies

THANK YOU! Honestly, I find Clannad just a little over-rated. Also, it's ending was trash...

Aside from Key seemingly heaping on the tragedies just for the hell of it, they pressed a huge-ass reset button anyway. I found AIR to be handled much better, and its ending wasn't near so convenient (though it still provided a glimmer of hope).

I'm also going with the recent AnoHana, since it really seems like something anyone should relate to. Now granted, I don't recall building a secret base with friends, or having both a girlfriend and a parent die on me around the same time (hell, I never even lost a grandparent until half a year after I graduated high school), but it does kinda get to me in the way it portrays the passage of time along with the idea that we can never go back to our childhoods (though we can at least try to remember what made it so great).

Elfen Lied.

It was such a short anime I couldnt explain anything without giving the entire story away.

It just bursts me into tears everytime I re-watch it.

Bokurano is the only anime I've dropped for being too sad. And, well, "pilot a mech and die from lack of energy, if you don't the world is destroyed" is pretty bleak. I could take that, but when I found out what happens when they *win* I just stopped.

Samurai 7 is one of the saddest Animes I've ever seen,
If you haven't watched the series until the end, don't click this.
Are you sure you want to continue? Bad things happen...
You asked for it...
Four of the seven samurai die in battle, Gorobei is the first to die in episode 16 from gunfire.
Heihachi dies second in episode 25 after getting shot when setting up bombs. With a bit of energy left, he hits the detonation button and gets crushed by two huge iron bars.
Kyuuzou dies third after getting accidentally shot by Katsushiro.
Kikuchiyo sacrifices himself for the safety of Kanna Village.

Bokurano and AnoHana. Yerp.

Also, Tiger & Bunny is sad in a really awkward sense. At first, I was like, "Oh superheroes. Nostalgia, yay. <3" But that anime, especially in recent episodes, has reduced me to tears.

Last edited:

Well, any CLAMP animation except for Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty sad....I've cried pretty hard during X/1999 and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Something that is not CLAMP that is very sad would have to be Trigun. If you have seen it you know what I'm talking about....

I must add Code Geass to my list. It's making me mildly depressed...gah ;__;

First, I'm like WHOOAA! And then someone important dies...and then it just gets kinda sad at the end...

Kino no Tabi.
Everything about this anime is depressing.
Even a happy moment in this anime is sad.

I was going to say something about being incredibly unoriginal with my Grave of the Fireflies pick, but it seems I'm the first to mention that?

Either way, that.
100% agree. First film to make me cry, and still the only one to get me beyond teary. Probably the saddest film I've seen, anime or not.

Elfen Lied.

It was such a short anime I couldnt explain anything without giving the entire story away.

It just bursts me into tears everytime I re-watch it.
That Kurama scene at the end hits me every time.

Fruits Basket. I cried a lot during the last episodes. I cried more with the manga's ending, though.

Ah, the saddest anime I've watched is Angel Beats.

Definitely 'Grave of the Fireflies'.
It's just absolutely heartbreaking to watch.

Bokurano. It just keeps descending...

I fought back tears with Angel Beats, although I don't know if it was because I was sad or happy.

Towards the end of 5 Centimeters a Second, I was just going, "NOOOOO!!!"

Well, any CLAMP animation except for Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty sad....I've cried pretty hard during X/1999 and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. Something that is not CLAMP that is very sad would have to be Trigun. If you have seen it you know what I'm talking about....

OMG I LOVE CARDCAPTOR SAKURA!!!!!XD yeah i think it was good that it wasnt sad though!;D
Trigun???Hopefully it's short so i could see it throughout the night!D:

More sad animes i saw.:,( see my post on the first page T____T

Chrno Crusade. The anime wasn't sad, but the last part of the manga (the last three pages, to be exact) made me burst into tears and surprise the people reading with me.

It was the first and last manga to make me cry. If the anime had kept the original storyline, I would've cried as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom