• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Saddest Video Game Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven

In Chapter 11 Gewalt sacrifices himself so his crazy dad wont be able to resurrect his dead mother over and over again.

Couple's Mask sidequest in Majora's Mask.

Gears of War 3

Dom sacrificed himself to make sure Marcus and the others made it out alive to finish off the Locust Horde and the Lambent. Dom is my favorite character in the series because he reminds me of me. We also share the same first name.

The entire final battle of Mother 3. Jesus, it's easily one of the saddest moments in my gaming life, i didn't cry but i had to make an huge effort not to cry and i was on the verge of crying during the whole battle.

Just hearing the theme that plays during the battle is enough to make me sad.

This ending...

[video=youtube;SGs4wGi63DA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGs4wGi63DA[/video]

The scrolling text, the sad music... not gonna lie. This ending gave me feels. Of course, later games kinda ruined those feels, but the music is still sobering.

You gotta cry at the end of a Pokémon game man! You did it man! You beat 'em all! You and your Pokémon made it man! But it's over man. Only sadder ending is handing red his Pikachu on a platter man, that's when you know it's over

At the end of Saint-Germain's route in Code Realize when he starts begging and crying. One of the more emotional scenes in an Otomate game I think.

The second half of "Kid Icarus: Uprising"...actually, given how everyone keeps picking on poor Pit, the whole game.

Conquest Ending in Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2. It was something I did NOT expect from a silly, funny and cute game like that.

Nepgear and the CPUs discover that The Diety of Sin, Arfoire, is proving to be too powerful for them to defeat, but they learn about "a cursed sword that can dispel evil". They later learn that the sword feeds on a CPU's power and it gets stronger, the more CPUs are killed with it. From that, Nepgear decides not to use it and suggests all the other nations give their shares to Planeptune so they can defeat Arfoire, but they refuse, because without the shares, the other CPUs will not have any power. They then leave to their respective nations, but Nepgear goes to each nation to convince them. When proved impossible, she unwillingly begins to kill each of the CPUs and the CPU candidates with the cursed sword, even killing her own sister, Neptune. She then fights and defeats Arfoire with the sword at the cost of the CPUs lives. Nepgear now remains as Gamindustri's only CPU and unites all nations under her rule. However, Arfoire's final words begin to haunt her and she worries about the future.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4 spoilers.
The scene in which Emma Emmerich dies was very heart-wrenching. I came pretty close to crying, something very few games push me to the brink of. Likewise, the death of Naomi Hunter in Metal Gear Solid 4 was crushing, even if I wasn't a huge fan of her character. I felt terrible for Otacon. Dear god does the guy have it bad.

Resident Evil 6
Piers sacrificing himself instead of turning against Chris was probably the saddest thing I've seen in a bit. Piers' one of my favourite characters, and I wish he didn't have to inject himself with the C-Virus, but he lost his arm. He had no choice.

All of "Kid Icarus: Uprising".

Just...all of it, especially for people sensitive to teasing and bullying like me.

This one is added onto my old post, but the ending of Dust An Elysian Tail, where the cave is crumbling, and Dust let's the lava just take him. Oh god its so said seeing how weak he is after seeing him so tough and strong throughout the game damn. I can't wait for the sequel whenever its made.

The ending of Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock Infinite when you realize Elizabeth is Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom