• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Safari Zone?

Safari Zone?

• Traditional Safari Zone (Time Limit/Step Limit)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Non-traditional Safari Zone (No Limits)

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Friend Safari

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • It is probably replaced by the Wild Area

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
While a Safari Zone might be unlikely this upcoming gen, unless we get the Great Marsh in the possible Sinnoh remakes, I imagine it would be something like how it was implemented in ORAS, an improvement that does not impose a set amount of balls nor does it force you to have to rely on throwing bait or rocks, only for it to just run away before you could even throw a single ball at it.

I highly doubt it. There's been far too many complaints about the Safari Zone mechanics to bother doing it again. If anything, they'd probably do something more like the Friend Safari, but even then, with Game Freak's penchant for "region specific features" I don't see it making a comeback for this game. With the Wild Area already being a vast expanse of land for you to wander around and find a large variety of Pokemon, I don't think they see much need for a Safari Zone, they probably consider that enough of a replacement that they don't need to bother adding in something else.

The Wild Area seems the fit that vibe for me, so I can't imagine a traditional Safari Zone. I actually liked them, but the games haven't been implementing them in new regions in a while so I doubt we'll be seeing one here.

I think the safari zone should be used to catch regional variants of certain Pokémon (mainly the Alolan ones). And if Galarian variants are a thing in this game, then this new safari zone can be a place to catch The Pokémon’s original forms.

Did you mean replacing the Safari Zone with the Wild Area...?

Yes, since it essentially kills 2 Pidgey's with one Hard Stone. Gamefreak doesn't need to reserve a certain area in a remake, because they can easily overhaul the Safari Zone into a Wild Area like in Sword and Shield and this way, in a new gen, we don't need a Safari Zone since we have the Wild Area.

Imo, just replacing the Wild Area with the Safari Zone kicks two Pidgey's with one Hardstone, especially in remakes. You don't have the use of Special Safari Balls anymore and you have free-roaming Pokemon on a specific location.

Hated those Safari Balls and those bait and throw or whatever. After reading the past few messages, I don't think I want one either now.

I'd like the traditional Safari Zone to return, but the Pokemon appearing there should be shiny locked.

We haven't even seen the Safari Zone with the game mechanics since HGSS, so I doubt it's ever coming back.

ORAS had the Safari Zone, but completely dropped the game mechanics, meanwhile LGPE replaced it completely with Go Park.

The Safari-zone was overrated; it was an unique way to catch some unique Pokémon-species, but that's where the fun ended. The bait/rock stuff was just frustrsting.

Also, we're getting those Wild Areas now. I think we won't see a Safari to begin with. As others have said, as well.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom