• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Salamence vs. Metagross

I've never liked Slamence's design for some reason. Metagross I find to be more versatile along with having a better design, at least to me.

I prefer Metagross, because of my preference to bulky and powerful Pokemon, which Metagross is.

One thing I find interesting about Metagross is their relatively challenging early life. First of all, Beldum is already one of the hardest Pokemon to catch, due to the low catch rate. Secondly, Beldum has a very limited (and sometimes suicidal) movepool, making training one from the beginning a chore. Thirdly, the Base Stats of Beldum is on the low side. However, Metagross has a few things that make it great: no x4 weaknesses (and lots of resistances), decent non-attacking movepool and well-distributed stats. It seems that Metagross requires a lot of effort to raise, which I am afraid simulator players will never feel.

Thanks for reading.

Metagross great typing very good stats and can own salamence with icepunch.

End of story.

Metagross because it's one of my favorite pokemon. Also,its shiny color looks nice.

depends on if Salamence can beat Metagross with One Fire Blast. If Not then Metagross will take out Salamence with either Ice Punch or Stone Edge.

I love both of these guys, but Salamance takes top spot for me. I love dragon-types!

Last edited:
Lol, this is too easy for me. Salamence is my favorite Pokemon ever and I don't like Metagross at all (I especially can't stand its hideous mega). I'm not to much of a fan of Salamence's mega form but it looks way better than than Metagross's.

Salamence wins easily:)

Steel is one of my favorite types while Dragon is among my least favorites. Not only that, but I just love Metagross and its Mega form. I think its so cool!! Salamance is just meh for me. That, and Steven Stone is my fav champion XD Metagross wins for me.

They're both great Pokémon, but I felt that dragon was overdone in pseudo-legends. My favorite psuedo-legendaries are Tyrannitar and Metagross, and Metagross is my fourth favorite Pokémon overall (after Porygon, Flygon and Honchkrow). I felt he was rather original in terms of design and typing, so I voted him.

I love them both, but I prefer Salamence because of its simple yet cool design. That being said, Mega Salamence's wing design is just bad, Mega Metagross is slightly better.

Salamence, even despite my hilarious debacle while assuming the alias of salamence62 a few years ago... painful stuff.

But it's a close call. Metagross is very nostalgic.

Metagross, because it is one of the most interesting pseudo's design-wise. It is also my third favourite pseudo-legendary after Tyranitar and Hydreigon.
Salamence isn't bad either and is probably my forth favourite out of the lot.

metagross > m-salamence > m-metagross >>> salamence

I do wish they'd done a better job with mega metagross' design than they did, but salamence in its base form is simply a monstrosity. There's really no contest here.

Hard to say. Salamence and Metagross are two of my 3 favourite non-legendary Pokemon of all time. Even my nickname here is a homage to Metagross! If I had to choose one...

Ugh...

Well...

Errrr...

Nah, I can't answer. It's a draw.

Last edited:
Now this is interesting for me. Metagross happens to be my favourite pseudo-legendary... and Salamence is my least favourite. Amongst the plethora of Dragon type pseudos, it just doesn't stand out very well next to the likes of Dragonite or Garchomp.

Metagross. It is a well-designed super-computer robot. Battle-wise, I love to use it because its stats allow it to hit very hard while its Steel-typing resists a lot of attacks.

Mega-Metagross is one of my favorite mega evolutions as well.

Also, Steven Stone.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom