• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Same-sex marriage is like incest: Huckabee

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Homosexuals want their equal rights, you must give equal rights to Incest and Pologamy.

pretty much.

i personally am for gay marriage and i'm not against incest and polygamy. so... i'm all for it! i mean, people are born with certain fetishes and such, and there's nothing wrong with that. some people get turned on by shoes, noses, feet, and even animals. i mean, let them be. if they like that, then they like that. i'm not *god*. like i don't decide who should marry who. we're all human and we're all equal, regardless of what we like.

i mean, some people find gay relationships disgusting. who am i to say that incest relationships are disgusting? or that interracial relationships are disgusting? so yeah. it's just fair.

i mean, it'll happen in the future. interracial relationships were legalized, gay relationships are getting legalized, and incest relationships will probably get legalized... it's just a matter of time. and it's really sad that we're in 2010 and these things have still not been 100% legalized.

Last edited:
Ironic seeing that this is coming from Huckabee.
I don't know why it's ironic though.

:O I can't believe this guy! No household votes for him!

You know it was only ever a fringe group of Mormons that did that, right?

That's true. Polygamy has been illegal in the Mormon Church since 1890.

On the other hand, Islam allows a man to have up to four wives - provided that he treats them all equally. Since this is very difficult to do, most Muslim men only have one wife. (This is a little off topic, but it's part of their religious law.)

Lemme see..

This guy bashed same sex marriage, polygamy, incest and adoption in one day?

:/
What a way to ruin your reputation.

He used to be the governor of my state... >.> I'm definitely NOT voting this bastard in. He needs to get his facts cleared, and my gf and I don't do drugs and we are not sisters. He obviously doesn't know the definition of Incest and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Think about where he is coming from on this....
100 years ago two gay men getting married was unspeakable!
if we legalize gay marriage, that is showing a general lax of morals over time, which in 100 years they might start considering polygamy legalization.

it is the same way with marijuana legalization, weed itself may not be the worst drug, but if you legalize it you are just making the next step up a grey area for later debate.

^
You know what else was unspeakable 100 years ago?

Interracial marriage.

^
You know what else was unspeakable 100 years ago?

Interracial marriage.

Exactly; which is one of the main reasons why people who can use that logic with a straight face continue to boggle my mind. A "general lax of morals" over time depends entirely on a person's (or society's) view as to what is, and is not immoral.

These days, I think it's more common to consider denying people basic freedoms as immoral.

if we legalize gay marriage, that is showing a general lax of morals over time, which in 100 years they might start considering polygamy legalization.

it is the same way with marijuana legalization, weed itself may not be the worst drug, but if you legalize it you are just making the next step up a grey area for later debate.

Another thing that was unspeakable 100 years ago? Rights for women.

Disagree with me at the risk of the rage of the females of this community.

I wasn't voting for Huckabee anyway, this just reaffirms that. And for the record, even though I personally find incest squicky and polygamy to be immoral, I'd support legalizing them. So who's the better man, anti-gay-marriage Christians, you or me?

100 years ago, cars looked like this:
1910fd.jpg

100 years ago, Mt. Rushmore looked like this:
mountrushmorebeforecarv.jpg

100 years ago, there was no such thing as a computer.

100 years ago, there was an arms race... of conventional weaponry.

100 years ago, none of my grandparents had yet been born. My great-grandfather was only 22.

100 years from now, slobby, you should not worry about. Let the people of that time decide what they will, as they, as citizens, deserve to do. And let my great-grandson, who will look at my grave and see that I was born 100 years before him, wonder about the turn of the millennium, and what my life was like, but not pretend like he has to live the same life I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom