• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SamisenShipping (Ethan x Lyra x Silver)

I spent so many years trying to decide which two of these three to pair up... and it took me this long to realize I could just... have the best of all options?!?! Better late than never, but I wish my mind had been opened to the possibilities sooner...

I love this as a ship, their whole dynamic as a trio is so fun and their personalities just bounce off one another so well. Two rays of sunshine melting one icy heart :'D

YES AHHHHHHHH

Throughout the years I've liked Ethan/Silver and Lyra/Silver simultaneously without realizing, so the shift to OT3 was a natural one.

For Lyra and Ethan, as they're player characters, it probably depends on your personal interpretations, but they seem like very energetic and optimistic people, and I think that they would balance out Silver's colder and edgier personality.

• Staff
AARRRRRRGH i had a writeup here but it got deleted !!! curses
well! time to start over (i will just take it step by step i guess instead of writing a giant thing in case it blips out of existence again)!
why i prefer samisenshipping to soulsilvershipping or huntershipping is that i personally think that the dynamics of him specifically with lyra or ethan separately are both very fascinating to explore in different ways (i could go into so much detail here, but i'll refrain from such at the moment), and well... if i don't have to choose, then why should i? and the johto protagonists are cute together as well!
quote relevant!!
For Lyra and Ethan, as they're player characters, it probably depends on your personal interpretations, but they seem like very energetic and optimistic people, and I think that they would balance out Silver's colder and edgier personality.
YEEEEAH!!!! that's how i see it too -- okay i may or may not have (partially) stolen my hcs/guzmaverse takes on ethan and lyra's personalities from mastersex but

i've always seen both of the protags as super positive and friendly and outgoing, but in slightly different ways..? to me, ethan is a bit more rash and competitive with a bit of a blunt side but is a constant ray of sunshine, while lyra is more saccharine and nurturing as well as more emotionally sensitive. their personalities kinda bounce off of each other's, which is the core of their dynamic... they're very similar, but not identical, and it's the differences they have from one another that feed into each other and make them work so well as a couple.

and it's also those differences that highlight how silver's relationship with those two individually might vary a bit between ethan and lyra. ethan wouldn't sugarcoat his opinions the way lyra might (and i would imagine silver would far prefer honesty to white lies) and would be more likely to have that sort of competitive, fiery spirit i think silver would look for in a partner, whereas lyra might keep a bit of a closer eye on silver's emotional/mental wellbeing and be more attentive to his thoughts and feelings than the sometimes oblivious ethan. so they both have their positive and negative traits, the specific sets of which probably jive with silver's own positive and negative traits in different ways.

this is the (extremely) condensed version of my elaborations, but i hope it gets the point across.

Back
Top Bottom