• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Samurott VS Emboar VS Serperior

Zwampert

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
(Sorry, cant find good pics)

The final forms of the Isshu starters!

Who do you think is better?
Who do you like the most?
And who do you think would win?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Daikenki VS Emboar VS Jaroda

For design, Jaroda looks really magnificent and sinisterly, which is a nice mix and one that fans love the most, Emboar is a really tanky pig with Chinese influences, and Daikenki is a samurai. In this category, Daikenki wins, for being a daring design and the most unique one overall.

Battling theory, Jaroda has an awesome mixture of defences and speed (great for Leech Seed, dual screens, Glare, and Torment), which Meganium wishes she has (she has only defences), Emboar is a powerhouse thanks to lots of recoil moves with high power (Head Smash, Flare Blitz and Wild Bolt) and some helpful moves (Nitro Charge and Boiling Water), Daikenki...I am not sure about that. I think Jaroda is the best for me.

As for preference, I think I will go for Daikenki, so Daikenki for me.

While Jaroda wins in looks, Daikenki wins in usefulness. Not that Emboar isn't useful. It is most certainly. I just think Daikenki is a bit better.

Defensive Grass Type? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

As Ryuu said, Smugleaf is all looks, no substance.

Another Fire/Fighting Starter? Slowest of the 3? Bad defenses? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Daikenki isn't a fantastic Pokemon but its certainly better than the other 3.

Emboar is awful in every aspect. Terrible design, awfully-distributed stats, and recycling the Fire/Fighting typing. I was fine with Infernape... but three times in a row? I can't forgive that.

Jaroda's design is sub-par and it stats are somewhat better than Emboar's. At the same time, it's a pure Grass-type, meaning it has five weaknesses and its movepool is rather limited, offensively. Still, it's better than Emboar.

Daikenki's only real flaw is that it bares little resemblance to its pre-evolutions and it's pure Water. But aside from that, it's pretty cool. Good design and movepool, and okay stats...

But to be perfectly frank... I don't really think any of them are all that great. Wottercorn's just the best of the three.

Who do you think is better?
Design=Jaroda
In Battle=Daikenki
Who do you like the most?
Jaroda, though I'm picking Mijumaru(blech) just to get me a Daikenki. Giant Otter Samurai FTW.
And who do you think would win?
It's really a fight between jaroda and wait.... It's EMBOAR!!!!!!!! I called emboar for Pokabu, but still..yay. Happiness. I think Daikenki will win though.

Emboar....only because it reminds me of Ganon :U
and truthfully I love the design and I think it's pretty awesome
also I don't really give a damn if its another fire/fighting type

Emboar:..choose me white/black and I'll make you the greatest pokemon master in all of isshu...or else you will black out

no not into the pokeball it burns!
[[okay I'm done XD]]​

Last edited:

Daikenki is a very nice looking Water-type.

Going with our Snake. Just because it's a grass type. Sue me.

Nobody liked miju at the start... look at it now ;)

I liked mijumaru the moment I saw it.

Anyway, even though i can only spell Jaroda's/Emboar's name,
Embroar is the ugliest
Mijumaru evo is strongest
Jaroda has an interesting moveset

Daikenki totally deserved the fighting type more than Emboar.:dodgy:
I'm guessing you know who I'm voting for. :naughty:

Daikenki is too awesome to be compared to the others. :)

I do like the 3 of 'em, though like my avatar let's you guess Enbuoo (not Emboar :boom: That's a fan name, if the others have the right to have their true names... yeah, you get my drift... ^^;). I dunno why, I don't find it ugly at all, and to be honest I have no problem with the repeated typing. To be frank, the playstyle will probably be different from Blaziken and Infernape. However, I believe dark tipying would fit it well, with some fighting-esque moves to enhance it, and save Pokabu line from the rage of the fandom. I'm sure if it gets the right movepool it will also be a worthy battler, with its strong attack stats and huge HP to make up for the not-so-great defenses.

ManBearPig Wins, that's final.

Daikenki FTW Jaroda is awesome in terms of design, but the fire one IMO is just pathetic:p

Enbuoo, if I could actually tell what it's face was. And if it were dark, rather then fighting, -again- >.>

Daikenki is cool, but I'd prefer to stare at Jaroda all day. Plus, I usually go for the grass or fire starter anyway.

In a fight, Daikenki would probably just beat Enbuoo, but Jaroda would be too busy sending out Tsutarja/Janobii minions or checking itself out.

I like Jaroda and Daikenki equally.

However, having raised Bulbasaur in 3 different games, I've grown pretty tired of the Grass-stype "play defensive and leach life away" gameplay. So I'm picking Daikenki.

In terms of design, Daikenki wins for being the most original. Jaroda's pretty but it does look a lot like Milotic. Emboar's is just too close and too soon to Infernape for me to like it.

In terms of which one's stronger, from what I can tell - Emboar's just another Fire/Fighting sweepr except with a large movepool. Jaroda's another trapper/tank. Daikenki is a dual sweeper.

Daikenki wins the most because Water (and Steel) are still overpowered defensively and Grass (along with Ice) is still underpowered defensively.

Design? Not really any of them, but Daikenki
More Useful? Can't say, haven't seen movesets or stats, but I don't like that the Fire-starter always gets an extra type (Even though it's fighting again), aside from Typhlosion.
Which one I like more? Daikenki I guess. Choosing Mijumaru anyway.

Emboar:..choose my white/black and I'll make you the greatest pokemon master in all of isshu...or else you will black out

no not into the pokeball it burns!
[[okay I'm done XD]]​

Win.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom