• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sapphire and ruby / alpha sapphire and omega ruby (Solved)

Bob224

Reaction score
Okay first off:

1. i was looking through the game list over the generations to figure out what games to buy to pretty much get the hole pokedex complete...

And then i noticed that the starters in the two diffrent games is not the same.. also when alpha sapphire is a remake of sapphire, it is natural that even the pokemons is the same.

I watched some videos on youtube just to be sure. Alpha sapphire and emerald + omega ruby happens to take place in the hoenn region.. but the sapphire and ruby happens to have the johto pokemons...

That means that the 2 games is not really the same generation since it takes places in diffrent regions...
I am not sure how far this goes for the remake of red and blue.... but so far as i have played it it seems legit.

so if the remake was like it should with sapphire and ruby then you should manage to gather all the pokemons and skip the original version... but since you miss out on a whole generation this get's pretty wrong...

I can't make this make sense and get comfused about what games that belongs to what generations since all the remakes of older games is places in wrong generations than where they original should be inn..

I am going to how ever to look at a list of pokemonst in each game to be sure. if i can find it tho... So... i wonder how all this turns out. but for now an easy youtube video on each of the games shows that the games is not adding up in terms of pokemons and what starter pokemons you get.

This is what you're looking for: List of Pokémon by availability - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald belong to Generation 3, up to 386 Pokemon are catchable in this generation, but the former two only have 200 available and the latter has around 250. You can trade with Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum and XD to obtain the others.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire belong to Generation 6, up to 721 Pokemon are catchable in this generation. They have around 350-400 available Pokemon. You can trade with X, Y or import them from Generation 5 via Pokemon Bank to obtain the others.

If you have more questions feel free to ask ;)

Yeah, i noticed that the generations kind of is right. But if you look at it closely and try to analyze the games...

Sapphire: It is with the gen 2 starters and consists o a lot of gen 1 Pokemon as well as some Gen 2 Pokemon. haven't been able to find them all yet. it is not on the gen 2 region tho... but is in the gen 3 region... (Hoenn) It has the same story line as fire red and LeafGreen... as far as I have recognized but I will get to those games.

Alpha sapphire:
It should be a "remake" of the sapphire since the consoles got updated and the Gameboy system got removed from the market.
They are saying that it is a Remake. But since it consists of gen 3 Pokemon but a lot of gen 1 and 2 are catchable as well as Gen 3 I think... but you can't get those starters and the point of collecting all the Pokemon when you can't capture all get's kind of wrong to say...
Then again if the game was a "remake" as they say it should have another story than the regular Hoenn story as most of the Pokemon games have... (With certain tweaks in the beginning and the forest also changes a bit.)
Also, it should consist of all the Pokemon also that you could catch them for completing your Pokedex. Since it is a "remake" of a game in the gen 2 it should be natural to have the game as the original but only made them fit the newest system. like (DS and 3DS.)

When you look at FireRed and LeafGreen:
Well, those games are pretty much the same as in the sapphire....
Both games as the story taking place in the Hoenn region... Only the games have the gen 1 starters.
Both games include both Gen 1 and 2...

The same with those games as with sapphire and ruby.. is that it should be a "remake" from the original red and blue + yellow.
And was supposed to be like the original games as red and blue + yellow but just for an updated system. (To be more specific the Gameboy Advanced system)

In those games the same goes.. you can't capture and complete the hole Pokedex anyways since you ain't getting those gen 2 starters... and for that you need sapphire... (It makes sense to make people buy all the games... but it get's kind of confusing when you are looking for specific Pokemon and suddenly you have no idea what game to buy... since the Pokemon system is so unorganized.)

All the same go for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

And now for some general information.
Ofc I have planned to buy all the games. (At least the games I need to complete the whole Pokedex.)

But when the games are not organized properly it seems like you have to look very deep into the games and look what Pokemon include that are catch able. and then looking over for 700 Pokemon to figure out what games to buy can get tedious.

This is only speculation of... but as a matter of fact, I also have done this research. As I have talked about sapphire and ruby I have now played and finished the 6th badge for like 4 days... because as I also have played a lot of LeafGreen..... it is pretty much the same... I have completed LeafGreen even... of course there are many much differences between Sapphire and LeafGreen... like some parts of the map for catching the legdendary such as zapdos if I remember correctly... but as far as I know now the story is the same as far as i remember... it is with the team aqua and them magma in those games to. also with the submarine and with the same cities...

I still think i have to play though leafgreen again just to refresh my memory but as far as i remember it is pretty much the same story line with some diffrent tweaks of the map and the order of when you are getting a bike +++.

In this discussion it is marked as speculations, so i didn't make this tread to talk trash about pokemon. or because i have a problem.

I do not need anny help throughout the games. and i don't need help at all really... but as far as my knowlegde is right then this is a discussion page to discuss stuff such as this wonderfull discovery. I suggest watcing the diffrence between sapphire and alpha sapphire and tell me what a gen 3 game that should be a "remake" has to do in the gen 6 section tho even it happens in the same region. if alpha sappire was in the gen 6. why don't it happen to take place in the gen 6 map and instead it takes place in the gen 3 region (hoenn) with gen 6 pokemons???

That is not making sense... how can in sapphire it happens in hoenn with gen 3 pokemons but suddenly gen 6 pokemons happens to just randomly join the gen 3 region (Hoenn)
As far as those games should be "remakes" i do not think that the games has been logicly remade.. as much of the stuff does not make sense at all.

Ofc feel free to discuss tho :) i ain't going to stopp you from discussing xD (Remember this is only a specutation based on discoveries found during a pokemon playthrough of the old games i noticed about now.)

Last edited:
and then looking over for 700 Pokemon to figure out what games to buy can get tedious.
I mean, it's not exactly hard to figure out that the newer games have more Pokemon.
As far as those games should be "remakes" i do not think that the games has been logicly remade.. as much of the stuff does not make sense at all.
The whole point of remakes is so that people can enjoy them with new features. Graphics, new types, new mechanics, and new Pokemon are introduced in every generation-what would be the appeal of a remake that was nothing but a re-release?

Yeah, i noticed that the generations kind of is right. But if you look at it closely and try to analyze the games...

Sapphire: It is with the gen 2 starters and consists o a lot of gen 1 Pokemon as well as some Gen 2 Pokemon. haven't been able to find them all yet. it is not on the gen 2 region tho... but is in the gen 3 region... (Hoenn) It has the same story line as fire red and LeafGreen... as far as I have recognized but I will get to those games.

Alpha sapphire:
It should be a "remake" of the sapphire since the consoles got updated and the Gameboy system got removed from the market.
They are saying that it is a Remake. But since it consists of gen 3 Pokemon but a lot of gen 1 and 2 are catchable as well as Gen 3 I think... but you can't get those starters and the point of collecting all the Pokemon when you can't capture all get's kind of wrong to say...
Then again if the game was a "remake" as they say it should have another story than the regular Hoenn story as most of the Pokemon games have... (With certain tweaks in the beginning and the forest also changes a bit.)
Also, it should consist of all the Pokemon also that you could catch them for completing your Pokedex. Since it is a "remake" of a game in the gen 2 it should be natural to have the game as the original but only made them fit the newest system. like (DS and 3DS.)

When you look at FireRed and LeafGreen:
Well, those games are pretty much the same as in the sapphire....
Both games as the story taking place in the Hoenn region... Only the games have the gen 1 starters.
Both games include both Gen 1 and 2...

The same with those games as with sapphire and ruby.. is that it should be a "remake" from the original red and blue + yellow.
And was supposed to be like the original games as red and blue + yellow but just for an updated system. (To be more specific the Gameboy Advanced system)

In those games the same goes.. you can't capture and complete the hole Pokedex anyways since you ain't getting those gen 2 starters... and for that you need sapphire... (It makes sense to make people buy all the games... but it get's kind of confusing when you are looking for specific Pokemon and suddenly you have no idea what game to buy... since the Pokemon system is so unorganized.)

All the same go for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

And now for some general information.
Ofc I have planned to buy all the games. (At least the games I need to complete the whole Pokedex.)

But when the games are not organized properly it seems like you have to look very deep into the games and look what Pokemon include that are catch able. and then looking over for 700 Pokemon to figure out what games to buy can get tedious.

This is only speculation of... but as a matter of fact, I also have done this research. As I have talked about sapphire and ruby I have now played and finished the 6th badge for like 4 days... because as I also have played a lot of LeafGreen..... it is pretty much the same... I have completed LeafGreen even... of course there are many much differences between Sapphire and LeafGreen... like some parts of the map for catching the legdendary such as zapdos if I remember correctly... but as far as I know now the story is the same as far as i remember... it is with the team aqua and them magma in those games to. also with the submarine and with the same cities...

I still think i have to play though leafgreen again just to refresh my memory but as far as i remember it is pretty much the same story line with some diffrent tweaks of the map and the order of when you are getting a bike +++.

In this discussion it is marked as speculations, so i didn't make this tread to talk trash about pokemon. or because i have a problem.

I do not need anny help throughout the games. and i don't need help at all really... but as far as my knowlegde is right then this is a discussion page to discuss stuff such as this wonderfull discovery. I suggest watcing the diffrence between sapphire and alpha sapphire and tell me what a gen 3 game that should be a "remake" has to do in the gen 6 section tho even it happens in the same region. if alpha sappire was in the gen 6. why don't it happen to take place in the gen 6 map and instead it takes place in the gen 3 region (hoenn) with gen 6 pokemons???

That is not making sense... how can in sapphire it happens in hoenn with gen 3 pokemons but suddenly gen 6 pokemons happens to just randomly join the gen 3 region (Hoenn)

Ofc feel free to discuss tho :) i ain't going to stopp you from discussing xD (Remember this is only a specutation based on discoveries found during a pokemon playthrough of the old games i noticed about now.)
Uh... first of all, I think you might want to review what Pokémon you get in each game. Cuz Ruby and Sapphire definitely start you off with gen 3 starters. They are the primary gen 3 games, after all.

As for Pokémon availability, they purposefully restrict certain Pokémon to different games. It's their way of making people buy multiple copies or trade with friends. Again, looking at lists of Pokémon in each game might help you decide what you might want.

As for your confusion(?) about remakes, it is simply to take an older game and update it for the current generation. In this instance, the Hoenn games, they originally came out in gen 3. However, they got remade using the gen 6 engine, and therefore include new features from gen 6 (like Pokémon, moves, mechanics, etc). However, it is a remake of gen 3, so it is still set in the Hoenn region and includes mostly the same Pokémon (some alterations), like the starters.

Hope I might've been some kind of help. As posted above, there are places that have his kind of information readily available and plenty of people willing to answer questions and help you out.

Best of luck.

@Bob224 The reason why games use Pokemon from previous gens is because you need variety to make a team and that requires designing many new Pokemon, the only game who attempted to do that was Gen 5's Black & White and apparently was criticized for that. Generations aren't tied to maps either, but rather to an "style" of doing games. First, they release a game with a new region, much improved graphics and new Pokemon, then, they release 1 or 2 more sets of games with similar graphics to the last one, with no new Pokemon and no new main-game region, and then a new region again. The same pattern has been happening for 20 years, and fans call each cycle a generation. I agree that the term is a bit overused, and that due to that there will be some chaos when the barriers between generations are less clear, but that is a topic for another day.

I'd like to add something regarding the Pokedex, Sun & Moon (gen 7) have changed the way you can consider a Pokedex complete. You only need to catch the 300 Pokemon available in the game and you will get all rewards, the National Pokedex is unavailable.

@Bob224 The reason why games use Pokemon from previous gens is because you need variety to make a team and that requires designing many new Pokemon, the only game who attempted to do that was Gen 5's Black & White and apparently was criticized for that. Generations aren't tied to maps either, but rather to an "style" of doing games. First, they release a game with a new region, much improved graphics and new Pokemon, then, they release 1 or 2 more sets of games with similar graphics to the last one, with no new Pokemon and no new main-game region, and then a new region again. The same pattern has been happening for 20 years, and fans call each cycle a generation. I agree that the term is a bit overused, and that due to that there will be some chaos when the barriers between generations are less clear, but that is a topic for another day.

I'd like to add something regarding the Pokedex, Sun & Moon (gen 7) have changed the way you can consider a Pokedex complete. You only need to catch the 300 Pokemon available in the game and you will get all rewards, the National Pokedex is unavailable.

While I haven't actually done it myself (I'm an awful completionist), I had heard that was the case with the Sun and Moon dex. On the one hand, that's pretty convenient for reaping the benefits of completion. On the other hand, however, I kind of don't like it. It bothers me that there is no National Pokédex in the game.

Between ORAS and XY, it was possible to get every Pokemon in the dex. (there were even mystery gifts to fill in those gaps) If you want to get a national dex complete in Pokemon Bank, you can still do it, just do a little trading.

I mean, it's not exactly hard to figure out that the newer games have more Pokemon.

The whole point of remakes is so that people can enjoy them with new features. Graphics, new types, new mechanics, and new Pokemon are introduced in every generation-what would be the appeal of a remake that was nothing but a re-release?

To just inform you about this remake stuff...
It is not that they should have the original content but on a new system like a re-release. Ofc they have new mecanics and stuff. but if you can't capture all the Pokemon then it is not complete. Also i am not saying the games are bad.. but since they released gen 2 games (Sapphire and ruby + emerald.) Then why do they release firered and leafgreen with Gen 2 Pokemon as well....

I was looking for some clean stuff. like one or two games that had all the gen 1 Pokemon. and then one or two that had all the gen 2 Pokemon. Like most of you are saying, you can use the pokebank and stuff to transfer between generation games. so why not take that to use instead of making games that have a random set with both Gen 1 and 2.. and then if you are going to complete the Pokedex you need look into each game to figure out what Pokemon that is catchable. that takes a lot of time and get very tedious.

Uh... first of all, I think you might want to review what Pokémon you get in each game. Cuz Ruby and Sapphire definitely start you off with gen 3 starters. They are the primary gen 3 games, after all.

As for Pokémon availability, they purposefully restrict certain Pokémon to different games. It's their way of making people buy multiple copies or trade with friends. Again, looking at lists of Pokémon in each game might help you decide what you might want.

As for your confusion(?) about remakes, it is simply to take an older game and update it for the current generation. In this instance, the Hoenn games, they originally came out in gen 3. However, they got remade using the gen 6 engine, and therefore include new features from gen 6 (like Pokémon, moves, mechanics, etc). However, it is a remake of gen 3, so it is still set in the Hoenn region and includes mostly the same Pokémon (some alterations), like the starters.

Hope I might've been some kind of help. As posted above, there are places that have his kind of information readily available and plenty of people willing to answer questions and help you out.

Best of luck.

Yeah i can start saying, i am not against buying new pokemons. but if you know pokemon and are familiar with the games then you are mostly looking for a game that has the pokemon you need to complete the Pokedex. if you need mewtwo or some thing... Then you have to look up each game to figure out if that pokemon is catchable. in the game you are buying. i am ok with the pokemon restriction. but if you want a gen 2 starter. you can choose to buy gold or silver... or the remakes.

But then again when sapphire has the gen 2 starters that is in the johto reagion. why is the game placed in hoenn and gen 3 when there is litterly no gen 3 pokemons to catch. I get it with future games that they have access to let you catch the older pokemons adn stuff. but when then the remade version is a "remake" and has diffrent starters that does not make sense.. nonoe of it adds up logicly...

I will also now tell you the diffrence between "remake" and "re-release"

Re-release:
They have made a game with it's original content and textures and just made it capeble with a newer system.

Remake:
They updates the game in terms of textures and some new features. but also they keep the majority of the game. They still have the story like it should be have not added any additional content that makes the game diffrent from the original.
The have kept the majoryti of the game... But then this is not how it is with neither fire red and leafgreen or even sapphire and the remakes of that.

Also i just remembered i forgot to include gen2.... i kind of messed it up in terms of saying that sapphire was gen 2 xD i was skipping the cyndaquil and all that xD..... but annyways... in gen 3 you can bearly catch gen 3 pokemons..... it is mostly gen one and gen two.... i haven't spotted annything from gen 3 than a simple saybleeye... i think... not sure if that is a gen 2 or a gen 3...

But if you compare the ramakes and the original you can see very quick that they have not kept the majority of the origional game at all. They have diffrence story lines... diffrent pokemons.... and it turns more into a sequal than a remake....

I have made it to the 6th or 7th gym now in sapphire and i have only spotted gen 1 and gen 2 pokemons.... None gen 3...
also the remakes of the gen one games... okay it has some new features and all that... but the story is the same as gen 3...
I know they might use an newer engine and all that but they should be able to compromise the games in terms of what pokemons that are in the game and the story... the engine is mostly texture based with some sounds and also the thenical part...
Its not that they create a new game engine for every game... they have to update the engine with new pokemons and textures but the story is coded... such as if team magma and aqua are in the game at all. Ofc in the leafgreen they have team rocket grunts gun as far as i remember is it only gen 1 starters and then i think they have all the team aqua and magma from slateport city... i haven't played those games for a long time now so i do not remember that much from them other than that i remember playing where team aqua and magma appeard.. But since it is gen 3 it should include gen 3 pokemons.... and there are bearly anny pokemons there... i might mess up and talk about emerald too now but all those remede games are pretty much the same...

There are so small diffrences that you get easily confused.. i know you can capture zpados in the gen 1 remakes tho... and that the map looks some kind of diffrent.... but at the end we get to the point where atleast sapphire and alpha sapphire is more 2 diffrent games instead of "remakes". That is why i called the tread what i did. and that is why i can't tell that much how the other games are. since i have not done enough reaserch through them. also it is very long time since last i played them. but i am playing gen 3 now and alpha sapphire is not a "remake" of gen 3 since you can't get the gen 3 starters and then when the systems get outdated you can get the starters at all.

I am not saying there is annything wrong with the games. As a matter of fact i think the way they are doing it are good. i have no complaints. but this is only some sepcualtions not about newer gens or the oldest gen. but about Sapphire and Ruby and the "remakes" of those games.

Its okay to make a new generation to have a new map, new pokemons and new everything. but when you are going to make a remake.
Then you still have to keep the parts that made the game special... what is special with alpha sapphire?
It has other starters that sapphire... (This means when sapphire gets outdated in terms of system(it already is) Then you can't gather the gen 3 starters.) and that is very sad... sapphire is a gen 3 Pokemon game, then the remake should kept all the main attraction too that game instead of change the starters. The "remade" games is not anny part of the main generation. Like sapphire was the new games when gen 3 first got out. but then during that time they released the "remakes" of red and blue (fire red and leafgreen) but then when the "remakes" turns the game to a new game like if it was a new game in gen 4... (sapphire has no relation to gen 4.. his is just to make a point) So then it turns into say pokemon B instead og pokemon sapphire if you get what i'm say'n.

While I haven't actually done it myself (I'm an awful completionist), I had heard that was the case with the Sun and Moon dex. On the one hand, that's pretty convenient for reaping the benefits of completion. On the other hand, however, I kind of don't like it. It bothers me that there is no National Pokédex in the game.

Yeah i get ya... but then again... they makes new games like sun and moon to make it possible to catch the new generation games.

To just make my statement about this i think the normal pokedex should include all the pokemon from gen 1 to the certain generation the game is in.. then the national pokedex should be able to find the more rare pokemons that you normaly do not find that easily. Also it should open a new eara for catching them. i don't think they are doing that with gen 3 tho... but i now in the gen 6 or 5 when you get the national dex then you can get to and island and then you can capture gen one pokemons... such as fearow. but then it is hard to find the gen 1 pokemons in gen 5 or 6 so you can't complete the gen 1 pokedex in gen 5 or 6 that is kind of lame. because that is my opinon that now it have gotten to sun and moon... but also that you can capture all the diffrent pokemon for all the diffrent games.. and then have the abbility to complete the pokedex. Now since the most of the gameboy games are pretty outdated it is a lot of pokemons you can't catch at all because the newer games does not have the ability to generate those pokemons even tho when they have the pokedex for all the missing pokemons.

Between ORAS and XY, it was possible to get every Pokemon in the dex. (there were even mystery gifts to fill in those gaps) If you want to get a national dex complete in Pokemon Bank, you can still do it, just do a little trading.

This ain't just about trading... because if you are going to trade then you still need a rare pokemon to trade it for... you can't use Mewout or how the name get's written. to trade in for a charmander. if its an alohan mewout.

Btw... to all the new people leaving feedback.
I will just remind you about that this is only some speculations about the gen 3 game Sapphire and Ruby and the "remakes" alpha sapphire and Omega ruby.

I do not need anny help to figure out some type of stuff like what game i should buy or something like that. i just think that the games in this topic (mentioned above in this comment). is worth taking a closer look if it really is a "remake" or if it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not that they should have the original content but on a new system like a re-release. Ofc they have new mecanics and stuff. but if you can't capture all the Pokemon then it is not complete.
If that's your definition of complete, then literally no Pokemon game is complete. There's not a single one where you can literally catch every Pokemon.
but since they released gen 2 games (Sapphire and ruby + emerald.) Then why do they release firered and leafgreen with Gen 2 Pokemon as well....
To give people a chance to revisit Kanto with better graphics and new Pokemon. This ain't exactly rocket science.

Also, these games are gen three, not two.
But then again when sapphire has the gen 2 starters that is in the johto reagion. why is the game placed in hoenn and gen 3 when there is litterly no gen 3 pokemons to catch
...You did absolutely no research on this, and it shows. Check literally any website about Sapphire-your starters are all from Gen 3, and Gen 3 Pokemon are everywhere.
Remake:
They updates the game in terms of textures and some new features. but also they keep the majority of the game. They still have the story like it should be have not added any additional content that makes the game diffrent from the original.
Funny, because the definition of remake is this:
To make something again or differently.

You say that they shouldn't have any additional content to make it different from the original right after saying they update the game in terms of textures and features. That's additional content. That's different from the original. You've placed a random restriction on considering something a remake solely because you refuse to accept that these games are remakes. If there was nothing different about the game, then it would be a rerelease.
They have diffrence story lines... diffrent pokemons.... and it turns more into a sequal than a remake....
A sequel is when the story is continued. Though ORAS tells the story differently, it doesn't pick up where RSE left off-it starts over again.
but annyways... in gen 3 you can bearly catch gen 3 pokemons..... it is mostly gen one and gen two.... i haven't spotted annything from gen 3 than a simple saybleeye... i think... not sure if that is a gen 2 or a gen 3...
You're not even looking to see whether a Pokemon is from Gen 3 or not. Torchic, Mudkip, and Treecko? All gen 3. Poochyena? Gen 3. Zangoose and Seviper? Gen 3. Tailow and Zigzagoon? Gen 3. How about you actually check to see whether a Pokemon is Gen 3 or not before assuming they were all left out?
I have made it to the 6th or 7th gym now in sapphire and i have only spotted gen 1 and gen 2 pokemons.... None gen 3...
Literally impossible. The scene where Professor Birch is being attacked by a Poochyena and the player selects their starter? All Gen 3 Pokemon. And you've had to battle trainers that use other Gen 3 Pokemon to get that far.

The problem isn't that there's no Gen 3 Pokemon-it's that you're assuming they're not, and you can't be bothered to checl
also the remakes of the gen one games... okay it has some new features and all that... but the story is the same as gen 3...
?????
FireRed and LeafGreen have entirely different plots from Ruby and Sapphire.
Ofc in the leafgreen they have team rocket grunts gun as far as i remember is it only gen 1 starters and then i think they have all the team aqua and magma from slateport city... i haven't played those games for a long time now so i do not remember that much from them other than that i remember playing where team aqua and magma appeard..
Then look it up! It's not hard at all to look up the plot of LeafGreen and see that Team Magma and Aqua never appeared.
but i am playing gen 3 now and alpha sapphire is not a "remake" of gen 3 since you can't get the gen 3 starters and then when the systems get outdated you can get the starters at all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxOnJ2lYUgQ

Here, maybe seeing someone actually play Alpha Sapphire will clue you in.

It has other starters that sapphire... (This means when sapphire gets outdated in terms of system(it already is) Then you can't gather the gen 3 starters.) and that is very sad...
Again, take two seconds to do a search on Bulbapedia. Alpha Sapphire and Sapphire have the exact same starters.
This ain't just about trading... because if you are going to trade then you still need a rare pokemon to trade it for... you can't use Mewout or how the name get's written. to trade in for a charmander. if its an alohan mewout.
Trading's easier than you think. People can breed most Pokemon and get more of them, it's not like they're trading their only Charmander away. And with the many mystery gifts recently, plus the frequent inclusion of legendaries, some people even have spare legendaries. (Having played through Black, Black 2, and Omega Ruby, I personally have three copies of the Swords of Justice, for example) Some people wouldn't mind trading a spare legendary for a shiny or a Pokemon with good IVs.

taking a closer look if it really is a "remake" or if it is not.
The definition of a remake is "to make something again or differently". There's really no way around it. These games are remakes.

And what would be the point of looking at them closer? It's not like it's a secret that they're different.

Last edited:
If that's your definition of complete, then literally no Pokemon game is complete. There's not a single one where you can literally catch every Pokemon.

To give people a chance to revisit Kanto with better graphics and new Pokemon. This ain't exactly rocket science.

Also, these games are gen three, not two.

...You did absolutely no research on this, and it shows. Check literally any website about Sapphire-your starters are all from Gen 3, and Gen 3 Pokemon are everywhere.

Funny, because the definition of remake is this:
To make something again or differently.

You say that they shouldn't have any additional content to make it different from the original right after saying they update the game in terms of textures and features. That's additional content. That's different from the original. You've placed a random restriction on considering something a remake solely because you refuse to accept that these games are remakes. If there was nothing different about the game, then it would be a rerelease.

A sequel is when the story is continued. Though ORAS tells the story differently, it doesn't pick up where RSE left off-it starts over again.

You're not even looking to see whether a Pokemon is from Gen 3 or not. Torchic, Mudkip, and Treecko? All gen 3. Poochyena? Gen 3. Zangoose and Seviper? Gen 3. Tailow and Zigzagoon? Gen 3. How about you actually check to see whether a Pokemon is Gen 3 or not before assuming they were all left out?

Literally impossible. The scene where Professor Birch is being attacked by a Poochyena and the player selects their starter? All Gen 3 Pokemon. And you've had to battle trainers that use other Gen 3 Pokemon to get that far.

The problem isn't that there's no Gen 3 Pokemon-it's that you're assuming they're not, and you can't be bothered to checl

?????
FireRed and LeafGreen have entirely different plots from Ruby and Sapphire.

Then look it up! It's not hard at all to look up the plot of LeafGreen and see that Team Magma and Aqua never appeared.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxOnJ2lYUgQ

Here, maybe seeing someone actually play Alpha Sapphire will clue you in.

Again, take two seconds to do a search on Bulbapedia. Alpha Sapphire and Sapphire have the exact same starters.

Trading's easier than you think. People can breed most Pokemon and get more of them, it's not like they're trading their only Charmander away. And with the many mystery gifts recently, plus the frequent inclusion of legendaries, some people even have spare legendaries. (Having played through Black, Black 2, and Omega Ruby, I personally have three copies of the Swords of Justice, for example) Some people wouldn't mind trading a spare legendary for a shiny or a Pokemon with good IVs.

The definition of a remake is "to make something again or differently". There's really no way around it. These games are remakes.

And what would be the point of looking at them closer? It's not like it's a secret that they're different.

I'm not sure where you want to go with this.. i know i said that sapphire was gen 2 but if you have red all the posts... then you see i am saying that i kind of forgot about gold and silver... that are the gen 2 games.
And I know it is not possilbe to catch every single pokemon... but there is a majority that you can't catch at all and it ruins the gameplay in tems if you want to complete the pokedex.

And yes i did some research... don't say i can't shitt about pokemons. because i have played the most of the games without gold and silver that is why i tend to forget about then. because i haven't played those 2. also this tread is about sapphire and alpha sapphire. not anny other games because i also said that i have not done any reaserch about that or played through the games recently to create some sort of statement on it... but i have watched youtube videos from aplha sapphire and also are currently playing sapphire. That is why i have an statement about those 2 games... or the generations...

Speaking about "remake"
Yeah it is to make something again or diffrently... but that does not mean you are changing the game to look more like a sequal.
Yeah they made the game diffrently by updating the textures and adding some fetures... that does not meen change the game with switcing out pokemons and the region.... (Not sure if alpha sapphire has changed region but i think it didn't...)
Annyways the starter are diffrent as well as how you get your first pokemon.....
The pokemon selection as well as the story and the region that is what the majority of the pokemon games are. if you change some of those in a "remake" then it becomes more like a sequal.

I did never said they they should not have anny additional content.. i said they should make the "remake" keeping the majority of the game but update stuff like graphincs and stuff that does not change the game to become like a sequal like adding pokemons.. changing region or even change the story as that will make the "remake" look like it was a sequal.

If that is not a sequal then you have to explain it to me xD. Because that sound and looks pretty much like a sequal to me.
Like you said a sequal is when a story continues... but if you change the story of the game and have updated the pokemons and region... the story will eventually become not a continued version but not the same as the original game either. then you can't call the game a sequal and neither a "remake"

Just to correct you here... i didn't say that you could not find any gen 3 pokemons at all. but there was a very small amount with gen 3 that you could find in the wild. though the map. Like the lotad is acculy gen 2... and there is many gen 1 pokemons too. ekens, Gen 1.... in the wild i do get by zigzagoon more than littlerly anny other pokemon...And i will say it again... when you play alpha sapphire... That is not gen 3 but anothe generation... that means other starter. i have by my self witnessed this watching a youtube video. or let's play.

I am not sure if birch get attacked in alpha sapphire... but the region is pretty much the same as far as i remeber...
Also you are writing that he gets attacked and you have to battle a lot of trainers for picking a starter pokemon..... but how are you going to battle a trainer without any pokemons at all.... This is in the absoulute start of the game... and you get a free pokemon to get you started with.

Also i didn't say leafgreen or fire red was the same as sapphire... i said i could not create an statement on that. but i know those games also have gen 1... i also said you could catch zapdos and stuff and that if i remember correctly the map were diffrent... but atleast they got the same pokemons that the sapphire and alpha sapphire does not have.
Since its along time since last time i palyed gen 1 "remakes" i can't talk about those games and say they are not a propper remake.

Also if it is not the thing i do not want to check if there is any gen 3 pokemons.. i have for a matter of fact checked the list for all the pokemon games with the pokemon they include and not sevreal times... i am not speaking abut that either. i am not saying i need some sort of help... this is only of discussion the discoveries of sapphire and alpha sapphire for now.. because those have not got "remade" like fire red and leafgreen did.

I am not discussing leafgreen and fire red in this tread. i created this tread because the starters you are telling me is the same... is not the same. i was watching alpha sapphire.... those had the diffrent starters when i looked it up. i compared the sapphire to the clip on youtube with alpha sapphire and the pokemons deos not match...

But now i seems to not find anny diffrence at all... idk what happend but i guess i am blind xD... But i swear when i created this post... i saw the diffrence and the games had diffrent starters... i have no idea why i can't find this again tho... i was probaly seeing some wired shitt xD i went back to my logg too to try to find it but i could not.... So idk... But then the games are more like a "remake" i have to agree on that now... since i am apparently blind xD... But still just to inform you.

I have never had a problem with pokemon or the way they created their games... i just discoverd this starter diffrence and then i though it was worth speculating on... that is why the post is marked as a specutation post... not because i am mad at pokemon or that i want them to change stuff.... just because i discovers something i never discoverd before... and that i will never discover again.... i was just looking at the gen list.. because i was looking into what games i should buy or if i had to buy an R4 card just to play those gameboy games... that's why... so i started comparing and look into the remakes if those where accurate and that i could get out with buying them and that's where i discoverd the diffrence that i can't find again....

The thing about trading is that i hate trading... even tho it is efficiant... and this post didn't get created for that thing either...
Trading might be easy but it veries from person to person.... i don't like depending on other people because then i have hopes and dreams that i don't should count on happening.

About the last thing you wrote i have said my part about that.
Since i got two diffrent starter sets... gen 3 playing sapphire but another generation when i watched youtube... i guess i was blind or something since i compared the starters too... but idk... now that i have seen that it has the same starters i can atleast say it looks more like a "remake" I am still a bit confused if i am going to belive it... but for now this case is solved..
If i would reqognize that i got the same starters when i first looked into it then i would never created this discussion...
But yeah... just for future refrence keep it to the topic... it looked like you got angry or something from the way you wrote..

This is a redicules post... i know.... but when i noticed the diffrence the frist time i was like WTF!!! i have to check if this is true.... then i downloaded an emulator and compared .. when i could confirm it then i made this post at i though out from what i did see that the games where diffrent. but now when i have looked at it even closer in terms of watching my youtube logg and try to find that video then i can say that i was wrong and that this case is closed and solved.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom