• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo (1959-2015): Nintendo President dies of b

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo (1959-2015): Nintendo President dies of bile duct tumor

Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo, passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct tumor. He was 55.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo (1959-2015): Nintendo President dies

God DAMN you 2015. You're the Terminator of all the awesome people in the world and you're still not done being a jerk.

Iwata is the main reason this place exists. Were it not for his involvement, Pokemon might have ended at gen 2.

Re: Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo (1959-2015): Nintendo President dies

I saw this news on Tumblr last night and it saddened me. I didn't really know who Satoru Iwata was (I'm pretty new to Nintendo, needless to say, and am not involved with it much besides the games in general, I really had no idea who Reggie was until just this year.) but when I found out who he was and what kind of a guy he was I cried. I hate that I never watched the directs or anything involving Nintendo and I feel horrible for it. Needless to say, though, Satoru Iwata was an amazing man and he will be greatly missed. Without Nintendo and it's beautiful games I'd don't know where I'd be. Thank you Satoru and the rest of Nintendo for everything. ♥ Rest in peace. ♥

God DAMN you 2015. You're the Terminator of all the awesome people in the world and you're still not done being a jerk.
I could've said that in 2012 when my grandpa passed away. Halloween night on the dot, too, right before the start of Nanowrimo 2012. (It probably did affect my novel that year, but in subtle ways only.)

As for Iwata, he was a nice personality in the Directs.

He put Kantou into Gold/Silver didn't he? Because Game Freak couldn't find out how to make space for two regions on the GB cartridge. Iwata has done more for Pocket Monsters than we know.

He put Kantou into Gold/Silver didn't he? Because Game Freak couldn't find out how to make space for two regions on the GB cartridge. Iwata has done more for Pocket Monsters than we know.

He came up with a new compression system that allowed Kanto to be on G/S/C.

He came up with a new compression system that allowed Kanto to be on G/S/C.

He was a great programmer.

Thank you mr Iwata, for all the great work you did in the gaming industry and the Pokemon community. You will be missed. Rest in peace..

Not only that, but he did the programming that allowed Johto to fit, with so much extra space they could add Kanto. R
IP Iwata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom