• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hinted

At Nintendo's Semi-Annual Financial Results Briefing today, Satoru Iwata, the current President and CEO of the said company, made announcements concerning the Nintendo 3DS the upcoming Wii U, and Nintendo as a whole. Worth noting is the fact that Iwata hinted of a Pokémon game to be release this Spring.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

I am interested in what the next Pokémon game will be, and where it'll end up be in.

All the improvements to the Nintendo eShop also have me pumped - and well, I can finally use a regular browser to pay for stuff, huh?

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Where did "it might be related to the upcoming PokéPark 2" come from? David Gibson's twitter only mentioned a Spring release for a Pokémon game.

Where did "it might be related to the upcoming PokéPark 2" come from? David Gibson's twitter only mentioned a Spring release for a Pokémon game.

I have read the original press release straight from Nintendo, and there is no mention of PokéPark. Or, any mention of Pokémon. Seems like it's somewhere else...

I have read the original press release straight from Nintendo, and there is no mention of PokéPark.
Actually there is, but the new game isn't mentioned there. According to Gibson, the new game was only confirmed by some materials, rather than being announced by Iwata.

Actually there is, but the new game isn't mentioned there. According to Gibson, the new game was only confirmed by some materials, rather than being announced by Iwata.

Hmm... I wonder whether we'll see the contents of the Q&A soon?

Saw the relation to PokéPark 2 on GoNintendo earlier, but saw no evidence for it which is why I didn't ammend my update with that. Unless I missed something else..

So they're going to announce the final product of the Wii U next year's E3? I wonder if that means announcing the official price. I know the fact that each new system has to be more expensive than the last, but with an economy this bad, they'll might as well make an exception.

Saw the relation to PokéPark 2 on GoNintendo earlier, but saw no evidence for it which is why I didn't ammend my update with that. Unless I missed something else..
I saw it on WiiUAndMii; so it could be a case of information getting muddled up.

So, the new Wii U won't be coming until at least late next year if not 2013. Here's hoping it can beat out the PS4 and w/e Xbox's successor will be. :p

Also, the eShop improvements are long awaited. I'm also hoping for an SDK, at the very least for personal use, but I doubt that will happen.

Also, 3DS sales higher than expected. That is certainly quite the accomplishment given the rabid popularity of iPhone/Android $0.99 games (I'm looking at you Angry Birds). With all the new games coming this holiday season, as well as the Black Friday, sales will likely jump.

I specifically remember some of you predicting a new game announcement a couple months following the recent Mewtwo event... looks like you guys were right.:XD2:

I'm hoping it's either the 3rd B/W version or a completely different spin-off... although, since it's stated to be released sometime in the spring (as far as we know), another spin-off is more likely since the 3rd versions have a history of being released in the fall like their respective paired games.

I highly doubt this game is related to Pokepark 2, because it probably does okay on its own anyways. What I'm even more curious about is what console this game might be on. Here's hoping we might here more in CoroCoro next month.

I specifically remember some of you predicting a new game announcement a couple months following the recent Mewtwo event... looks like you guys were right.:XD2:
We'll be proven right if this turns out to be a main series game with a special in-game event unlocked by Mewtwo.

I'm hoping it's either the 3rd B/W version or a completely different spin-off... although, since it's stated to be released sometime in the spring (as far as we know), another spin-off is more likely since the 3rd versions have a history of being released in the fall like their respective paired games.
I disagree; patterns don't have to be adhered to forever (especially when they are pretty arbitrary to begin with), and there is nothing that makes a Spring release unappealing for the main series. If we look at the developers that are most likely to release a Pokémon game, Ambrella and Creatures have had their hands full as of late (the former with Rumble and the latter with Pokédex 3D and PokéPark 2), while Chunsoft is currently working on a big non-Pokémon game. This leaves Genius Sonority and Game Freak. Other than the fact that Typing DS is more recent than Black and White, I think it's pretty clear by now that Genius Sonority is working on a Wii U game, as it would make little sense for them to release a Wii game in Spring during the Wii U's hype train.

I should also point out that an upcoming guidebook is going to reveal the hidden abilities of all 646 Pokémon. This hints at a Dream World expansion for the Generation V Pokémon, which would only be possible after the release of the next main series game.

Last edited:

^So NOW they make a National PokeDex guidebook. It's about time they made one after how long it's been since we already knew about most of this stuff.

It might hint to the release of the Third Version. Game Freak dosent have to follow a pattern just because we, the fans are used to this or expect them to. If they want the Third Version out in the spring they can make it happen.

^So NOW they make a National PokeDex guidebook. It's about time they made one after how long it's been since we already knew about most of this stuff.
I'd say that at least half of the young players didn't know about the hidden abilities.

Well, if it's going to be released in Spring, that means March, April and May (although in East Asian Solar Term, February can be considered Spring). It was 11th May 2008 when we first learned of Platinum (The games were officially announced on the 15th of that month), which left 4 months before its release. So, if this turns out to be a third version, I imagine we'll hear an announcement around November-January.

A November or December announcement would explain the Pokémon Company's involvement in the December Jump Festa event.

A March release date would hardly be unprecedented, as it would be close to Red and Green's anniversary just as FRLG's January release date was. It is clear that the anniversary is a big deal now and will continue to be in 2012, judging from the Mewtwo event and now the version mascot promotion (which will last until February 27th - the 16th anniversary).

Last edited:

A November or December announcement would explain the Pokémon Company's involvement in the December Jump Festa event.
Dun...dun...DUN! Almost forgot about Jump Festa (Although I'd still like a RéBurst anime)

I had said previously that it might be a 3rd version, so don't gripe on me about the other things that I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom