• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

it could be Grey R/S/Emakes or a new Collo game... All of those would be awesome to see... or itcan be a PMD (which I never really liked) or Pokemon Ranger... we'll see in JumpFesta...

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

I'm confused. Is there any reason for me not to mark it up as rumor and hearsay?

it might be a pokemon fighting game for Wii U where you can use Black & White pokemon and better wifi than the DP version

it might be a pokemon fighting game for Wii U where you can use Black & White pokemon and better wifi than the DP version
The Wii U won't be available by Spring.

The Wii U won't be available by Spring.

Not true as the article said the final product of the Wii U will be revealed next year's E3, so it could be a Fall 2012 release.

its either the third version, a new pmd game(s), console game, or even something completely new.

its not pokepark because pokepark 2 is realeased in november 2011 in japan. this new game is being realeased in spring 2012

Not true as the article said the final product of the Wii U will be revealed next year's E3, so it could be a Fall 2012 release.
Which proves that the system won't be out by Spring 2012...

its either the third version, a new pmd game(s), console game, or even something completely new.

its not pokepark because pokepark 2 is realeased in november 2011 in japan. this new game is being realeased in spring 2012

IT could be R/S/E remakes or a New Collo/PBR game as well? And agree's Pokepark is already be announced... we will see in December but I doubt it'l be Grey... way to early... Platinum didn't come out until 2/3 years after D/P in 08/09 whi;e D/P was released in 06/07... Really don't see Grey coming out until around 2013 in Japan... So the 3rd Version is out leaving R/S/Emakes or a new Collo/PBR I think the peoole behind PMD (chunesoft?) are busy with another non-pokemon game right?

Last edited:

Which proves that the system won't be out by Spring 2012...

Whoops, I must've misinterpretated your previous comment.

It might be R/S/Emakes... their 10th anniversary is right around the corner?
And yet it is the anniversary of the franchise that is going to be commemorated around Spring. There is too much focus on the history of the main series as a whole for this release to be remakes of particular games. Then there is the fact that the Generation V critters are probably due for a Dream World expansion sooner rather than later, which wouldn't work well with remakes.

And yet it is the anniversary of the franchise that is going to be commemorated around Spring. There is too much focus on the history of the main series as a whole for this release to be remakes of particular games. Then there is the fact that the Generation V critters are probably due for a Dream World expansion sooner rather than later, which wouldn't work well with remakes.

Why? R/S having the DW actually makes perfect sense... Devon was trying to see into Pokemon dreams right? I think it's pretty obvious that Fennal might have been funded by Devon Corp... Maybe Fennal Can meet you in Devon Corp post game and give you the Unova starters? And you can get DW post-game?

Why? R/S having the DW actually makes perfect sense... Devon was trying to see into Pokemon dreams right? I think it's pretty obvious that Fennal might have been funded by Devon Corp... Maybe Fennal Can meet you in Devon Corp post game and give you the Unova starters? And you can get DW post-game?
I'm not saying remakes can't be compatible with the Dream World, but the hidden abilities and overworld sprites of the Generation V Pokémon would be used best in a new Unova game. What you're suggesting would make the Generation V Pokémon too prevalent in games that are supposed to focus on a different generation.

I'm not saying remakes can't be compatible with the Dream World, but the hidden abilities and overworld sprites of the Generation V Pokémon would be used best in a new Unova game. What you're suggesting would make the Generation V Pokémon too prevalent in games that are supposed to focus on a different generation.

Thats why I sujested post-game... You wouldn't have access to DW until after you beat the main story... So we would get focus on the Hoenn Pokemon and Unova/Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh Pokemon can only be optained post-E4... So I don't see a problem? plus you can;t get Unova Pokemonn from the DW or GL in B/W R/S/Emakes would fix it as it's far to rearly for Grey to be released (Examble Platinum was released in 08 in Japan while D/P were released in 06...) So R/S/Emakes are more lickly then the 3rd version...

Thats why I sujested post-game... You wouldn't have access to DW until after you beat the main story... So we would get focus on the Hoenn Pokemon and Unova/Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh Pokemon can only be optained post-E4... So I don't see a problem?
The problem is that the hidden abilities and overworld sprites of the Generation V critters would have promotional value in the next Unova game, whereas in remakes they would barely stand out.

it's far to rearly for Grey to be released (Examble Platinum was released in 08 in Japan while D/P were released in 06...) So R/S/Emakes are more lickly then the 3rd version...
Last I checked Spring will be in 2012, merely half a year before Black and White's second anniversary. Are you seriously suggesting that remakes are more likely because of those six months, when HGSS were released a year after Platinum?

Again, the main reason remakes are unlikely here is that Spring is not far away and yet there is no promotion of Generation III or Ruby and Sapphire's anniversary in sight. The focus right now is the current generation of Pokémon and the anniversary of the franchise as a whole. This is a far cry from HGSS, where prior to their announcement there was obvious focus on Generation II (Movie 12's Spiky-eared Pichu and Johto starters, as well as the promotional shiny Pichu).

Last edited:

The problem is that the hidden abilities and overworld sprites of the Generation V critters would have promotional material in the next Unova game, whereas in remakes they would barely stand out.

Last I checked Spring will be in 2012, merely half a year before Black and White's second anniversary. Are you seriously suggesting that remakes are more likely because of those six months, when HGSS were released a year after Platinum?

Again, the main reason remakes are unlikely here is that Spring is not far away and yet there is no promotion of Generation III or Ruby and Sapphire's anniversary in sight. The focus right now is the current generation of Pokémon and the anniversary of the franchise as a whole. This is a far cry from HGSS, where prior to their announcement there was obvious focus on Generation II (Movie 12's Spiky-eared Pichu and Johto starters, as well as the promotional shiny Pichu).

Well Banette for Halloween and now Alteria... can that count? Plus Rayquaza iwas front and center in the new TCG pack.. SO we've had 2 Hoenn Pokemon beig given away and A MAjor Hoenn legendary being used to promote the new TCG thing... so we've had 2 promo's and Mewtwo can easily be used to unlcok a Mew event ala Old Sea Map/Lost Island

Well Banette for Halloween and now Alteria... can that count? Plus Rayquaza iwas front and center in the new TCG pack.. SO we've had 2 Hoenn Pokemon beig given away and A MAjor Hoenn legendary being used to promote the new TCG thing... so we've had 2 promo's and Mewtwo can easily be used to unlcok a Mew event ala Old Sea Map/Lost Island
But Generation III doesn't stand out in any way, as Pokémon from all the first four generations have had Dream World events, and there was a TCG expansion for Kyurem and Mewtwo only a month ago (and the expansion with Rayquaza features other Dragon-types Pokémon). If Rayquaza were being distributed via Wi-Fi like Mewtwo, that might be a different story. Instead, the next Wi-Fi event will revolve around the main series as a whole.

But Generation III doesn't stand out in any way, as Pokémon from all the first four generations have had Dream World events, and there was a TCG expansion for Kyurem and Mewtwo only a month ago (and the expansion with Rayquaza features other Dragon-types Pokémon). If Rayquaza were being distributed via Wi-Fi like Mewtwo, that might be a different story. Instead, the next Wi-Fi event will revolve around the main series as a whole.

Rayquaza doesn't have a DW ability though... and of all poemon to choose to distribute why Alteria? Mewtwo wasn't a DW event plus why Rayquaza? Why didn't they use Reshiram or Zekrom? They are the Gen V mascots but they choose Rayquaza to promoe the new deck

Rayquaza doesn't have a DW ability though...
The event Mewtwo doesn't have its Dream World ability, either.

and of all poemon to choose to distribute why Alteria?
You could ask that about any Dream World event.

plus why Rayquaza? Why didn't they use Reshiram or Zekrom? They are the Gen V mascots but they choose Rayquaza to promoe the new deck
Reshiram and Zekrom have already been used to promote two expansions, and Kyurem has just been used for one. The TCG expansions are supposed to have variety.

In any case, the TCG is usually used to promote new games after their release, rather than beforehand. What's more important is Movie 15, whose title will be revealed in December, essentially in tandem with the game announcement. Based on the amount of Kyurem merchandise, I fully expect to see Kyurem as one of the movie stars.

The event Mewtwo doesn't have its Dream World ability, either.

You could ask that about any Dream World event.

Reshiram and Zekrom have already been used to promote two expansions, and Kyurem has just been used for one. The TCG expansions are supposed to have variety.

In any case, the TCG is usually used to promote new games after their release, rather than beforehand. What's more important is Movie 15, whose title will be revealed in December, essentially in tandem with the game announcement. Based on the amount of Kyurem merchandise, I fully expect to see Kyurem as one of the movie stars.

But Mewtwo wasn't a GL event was he? I thought he was just a normal event? but as it stands two Hoenn Pokemon have been DW events and get a Event move
(cotton guard for Banette and a current unkown one for Alteria) And for all we know Rayquaza can be put in it as well? Maybe he breaks up a fight between Kyurem and Mewtwo? We just don't know...

But Mewtwo wasn't a GL event was he? I thought he was just a normal event?
That's beside the point. We were discussing Wi-Fi events, which quite frankly are more important than the rather frequent Dream World events.

but as it stands two Hoenn Pokemon have been DW events and get a Event move
So how does the upcoming Blissey event fit into your theory? The truth is that that Banette was chosen to represent Haloween, and Blissey will serve the same purpose for Christmas. Altaria (which isn't known to have a new move) is just a random prize for buying a strategy guide.

And for all we know Rayquaza can be put in it as well? Maybe he breaks up a fight between Kyurem and Mewtwo? We just don't know...
I really don't see any old legendary being featured in the next movie. There are still seven Generation V legendaries left to showcase, with Kyurem and Keldeo being the most important ones right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom