• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

There are 3 problems with that however... 1) Gen III and V aren't directly compatable You have to Palpark then Pokeshift which isn't compatability. 2) If you have a DSi or 3DS that's not an option as R/S/E can't be played and 3) Where are people going to get a R/S/E cartrage? Those are impossible to find new and the batteries are dying which stops timed events (Berry Growing Shoal Cave ect...) plus I doubt the newer kids will want to play R/S/E... and the 3DS wasn't out when B/W came out but will have been out for over a year by the time the next Main game comes out PLUS they've already moved a side game to the 3DS...
1) Do a bit of tweaking with a RS Virtual Console port to allow BW (or a future game) to count it as a game in the DS card slot when using PokéShifter (just have a note saying another Pokémon game cannot be in the DS card slot at the same time).
2) RS Virtual Console port
3) RS Virtual Console port.
4) Why wouldn't the newer kids want to play RSE, considering that they're the same people who will be buying the other VC games?
5) So what in regards to the 3DS not being out before BW were? Also, Diamond and Pearl came out 2 years after the DS, as the 3DS sales have increased and there is a strong first party presence with soon-to-be-released games, the need for a 3DS Pokémon game has decreased.
6) As for your side game...DS was released in 2004 yes? Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team was released in 2005; sure it was along with a DS game, but they could have made Red a DS game as well.

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

I'm kinda surprised to see people saying RS and the GBA are hard to get. I got a Sapphire version and a GBA used off eBay (as well as a Fire Red) for less than $100 total. They all work fine, too - no berry glitch, even.

I fthey were gonna put a main-game on the VC they would've waited another year and put G/S on the Vc... So far no Pokemon has been announced for the VC period... so the odds for a main game is extremly low.

I believe that people have already explained why that didn't happen. I don't think that the VC was together yet. As for your other point, so what? Just because it hasn't been announced now by no means that it will not be in the future. Nintendo would have to literally be blind not to take such an opportunity, and since the other big name titles of Nintendo will likely appear on the VC then why wouldn't Pokemon?

Why you are so dead set against the idea is beyond me. Putting old school Pokemon on the VC solves alot of problems, but I guess that you want remakes so bad that you just don't care.

@KPTitan

True, I'm not psychic nor will I pretend to be. It just seems like the right time to me to release a main series game. They will have to release one at some point as they can't keep releasing side games.

The only side game I could see though is MD4 for the 3DS. As for your other question, I think that people are as confused on that as you are. Nintendo people made it seem like it might be something big, but right now I'll just assume that Pokepark 2 was likely the title sadly. I think that any big time console game will be for the Wii U.

As for Grey or whatever it will be called, I'm personally looking forward to it for many reasons. Things were left hanging alot more in B/W than in other paired versions which means it justifies another game to fill in those loose plot threads.

Wasn't that supposedly a RPG, like XD?

I forgot about that rumor. Unfortunately though, we haven't heard anymore on that one. That was supposedly started by somebody working a Nintendo accessory booth at a conference much earlier this year.

The only side game I could see though is MD4 for the 3DS.
It's possible but I don't see it happening as Chunsoft have already announced that they're working on a non-Pokémon 3DS game.

As for your other question, I think that people are as confused on that as you are. Nintendo people made it seem like it might be something big, but right now I'll just assume that Pokepark 2 was likely the title sadly.
Satoru Iwata said in January that new games for the 3DS and Wii would be announced in the then-near future, so he was most likely referring to Rumble and PokéPark 2 only. He never implied that the games would be big, and he was almost certainly not referring to projects that would be finalized more than a year later.

I smell Pokemon Ranger 3DS.

The idea of a Pokemon spin-off game makes me feel nervous because of how they're panned by critics (especially IGN), unlike the Mario spin-offs, which get higher praise. Maybe it's due to nostalgia reasons, seeing as how the critics grew up with Mario in the 80s.

Mario spin-offs tend to be more focused on traditional gameplay experiences with Mario on them - IE - baseball, racing, rpg.

A lot of the Pokemon spinoffs do get really, really weird or forced (Snap and Ranger are two classic examples).

All that was nice but tell me what i wanna hear! TELL ME ABOUT THE NEXT POKEMON GAME! UGH! Please? I hate being kept in suspense.

I just noticed something on Pokemon's website's updates today:
11月上旬から、「PEPSI NEX ポケモンベストウイッシュ」オンパックキャンペーンがスタート! |ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト

On the bottom part of the link above, there are Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem figures, and the colors of the figures represents the respective colors of the three Pokemon: White for Reshiram, Black for Zekrom, and Gray for Kyurem. Using some translating websites, it seems that these figures promotes the anime and is related to the Pepsi softdrink, but it's interesting to see that they'd made a Gray Kyurem figure apart from the colored Kyurem figure along with the White Reshiram and Black Zekrom figures. What does this mean? Do you think this is possibly their first step on revealing Pokemon Black and White's third version this month or December? Thanks! :)

I just noticed something on Pokemon's website's updates today:
11月上旬から、「PEPSI NEX ポケモンベストウイッシュ」オンパックキャンペーンがスタート! |ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト

On the bottom part of the link above, there are Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem figures, and the colors of the figures represents the respective colors of the three Pokemon: White for Reshiram, Black for Zekrom, and Gray for Kyurem. Using some translating websites, it seems that these figures promotes the anime, but it's interesting to see that they'd made a Gray Kyurem figure apart from the colored Kyurem figure along with the White Reshiram and Black Zekrom figures. What does this mean? Do you think this is possibly their first step on revealing Pokemon Black and White's third version this month or December? Thanks! :)

Those figures are actually lottery prizes that will be given to a very low number of people (each figure will be available to 100 people). I suspect that they will eventually be used as pre-order bonuses.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that a calendar is going to be released this month, with each of the currently known 646 Pokémon representing a day (actually, there are days represented by two Pokémon due to overlaps). Oddly enough, the calendar starts from March 2012 (and ends in July 2013), which means that people won't have use for the calendar for over three months. The only explanation I have for this is that the calendar also serves as a countdown to something that will happen next March.

Those figures are actually lottery prizes that will be given to a very low number of people (each figure will be available to 100 people). I suspect that they will eventually be used as pre-order bonuses.

I'm more intrigued by the fact that a calendar is going to be released this month, with each of the currently known 646 Pokémon representing a day (actually, there are days represented by two Pokémon due to overlaps). Oddly enough, the calendar starts from March 2012 (and ends in July 2013), which means that people won't have use for the calendar for over three months. The only explanation I have for this is that the calendar also serves as a countdown to something that will happen next March.

But still, it's surprising that they will release a Gray-colored Kyurem merchandise. I think this is the first time that they directly connected the color Gray to Kyurem, so this could possibly be a hint.

Hmm... So this calendar will be released this month and the calendar starts on March 2012 and ends on July 2013. So what you mean is that, possibly, the time we begin to use the calendar (which is on March 2012) will be the same time that something will be revealed or something will be released?

Well that about wraps it up imo. Doesn't take much to see what this means. Not that I'm absolutely right or anything, but Pokemon Gray is the first thing that this makes you think of.

July 2013, the end of generation 5 perhaps? Hypothetically, releasing the 3rd version next year would allow them to possibly finish it around that time. On the other hand, the Wii U will more than likely be on the market before the summer of 2013, and the timing is about right for a Pokemon Wii U console release right next to a movie for that year.

Personally, I think the second scenario is likely, and in between the years 2012-2013 is more than enough time to release Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, which they all seem to be starting to reveal anyways by this calender.

As for the present: March 2012 - Pokemon Gray Its inevitable.

But still, it's surprising that they will release a Gray-colored Kyurem merchandise. I think this is the first time that they directly connected the color Gray to Kyurem, so this could possibly be a hint.
I agree. My point was that the figures aren't related to the anime and that there is probably something special about them.

Hmm... So this calendar will be released this month and the calendar starts on March 2012 and ends on July 2013. So what you mean is that, possibly, the time we begin to use the calendar (which is on March 2012) will be the same time that something will be revealed or something will be released?
I would think that the calendar would foreshadow a game release if anything. It would make perfect sense if the game were announced or hinted at a few days prior to the release of the calendar (November 18th), but a December announcement would work, too.

El_ said:
July 2013, the end of generation 5 perhaps? Hypothetically, releasing the 3rd version next year would allow them to possibly finish it around that time. On the other hand, the Wii U will more than likely be on the market before the summer of 2013, and the timing is about right for a Pokemon Wii U console release right next to a movie for that year.

Personally, I think the second scenario is likely, and in between the years 2012-2013 is more than enough time to release Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, which they all seem to be starting to reveal anyways by this calender.
The last date in the calendar doesn't necessarily mean anything, as it was most likely determined by the design of the calendar rather than the other way around. What matters is the beginning date, which is an unexpected choice. But Generation VI could easily be released not long after July 2013; in fact, I would be surprised by any other outcome.

If they waited a bit longer to release the calendar, it would also include Keldeo. There is probably a reason why they want Kyurem to be the last Pokémon featured in the calendar.

Last edited:

Hoenn themed merchandise that recently went on sale at Pokemon Center Japan:
Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon Time merchandise now available! | Pokemon Black and White

Seems like preparation for R/S's 10th Anniversary which would go along perfectly with R/S remakes. After all, why have a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon merchandise without R/S remakes for the 10th Anniversary?

The calendar's starting date in March also goes perfectly with Iwata mentioning that this game won't be released until Spring 2012. The Hoenn-themed merchandise event seems interesting too.

Hoenn themed merchandise that recently went on sale at Pokemon Center Japan:
Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon Time merchandise now available! | Pokemon Black and White

Seems like preparation for R/S's 10th Anniversary which would go along perfectly with R/S remakes. After all, why have a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon merchandise without R/S remakes for the 10th Anniversary?
Because Pokémon Time focuses on older Pokémon, hence its name. A year ago the merchandise released was for the first two generations even though Black and White were the games being promoted. Chances are that when Ruby and Sapphire's tenth anniversary does roll around in a year from now, Pokémon Time will have shifted to Generation IV. It simply has nothing to do with anything that is currently going on, and anything else clearly points to a celebration of the main series as a whole due to Red and Green's 15th anniversary.

I wish people would do minimal research before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Hey guys. New Pokemon Black and White keychains discovered and there are two shadows/question marks. I think the first one is Keldeo. No idea what the other one is though.

I posted a story here if anyone wants to read: Pokemon Black and White keychains/charms set - Two unknown Pokemon yet to be revealed | Pokemon Black and White

Very interesting. Would you also like to submit a draft to Bulbanews to reach a wider audience? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom