• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

HTML is hard enough for me. I can't be bothered to learn another language. lol.

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

HTML is hard enough for me. I can't be bothered to learn another language. lol.

You don't actually need to learn coding languages to write for Bulbanews. Just fill in the details in the new article assistant form and the software does everything for you. All you need to do is know how to type :D

Awful lot of Kyurem merchandising going on lol & Musketeer merchandise with an unrevealed Pokemon?

Keldeo for sure, Kyurem's alternate forme would be a possibility for that other unrevealed spot... but why is Zekrom only there? Wheres Reshiram?

Hey guys. New Pokemon Black and White keychains discovered and there are two shadows/question marks. I think the first one is Keldeo. No idea what the other one is though.

I posted a story here if anyone wants to read: Pokemon Black and White keychains/charms set - Two unknown Pokemon yet to be revealed | Pokemon Black and White
That's just guessing though. There is no evidence to support it being two unknown Pokémon. Merchandise often has bits covered up. Reshiram was covered for the merchandise for Movie 13 until March and there were more bits covered for that movie's merchandise. It is not indicative of new Pokémon. It's wrong to just assume that they're new Pokémon unless they're labelled as "New Pokémon A" or something similar as per the other instances where this has happened.

Last edited:

Hell and even if there are figures hidden, Kyurem showing up yet again merchandise is good enough for me to consider gray sometime in the March-May period. Sure it would be strange to have a game out in Spring with the advertising movie out in July, but hell it could prove to be more profitable to have the ticket pre-order Pokemon for the brand new shiny game instead of the 2 year old game.

If it has anything to do with Gray it could be Kyurem alt formes. If they are my guess at two alt formes instead of one isn't so far off after all.

I hope it's a new Mystery Dungeon game, although the Kyurem merchandise is interesting..

You really have to wonder where Reshiram is in that set... why have Zekrom and Kyurem, but no Reshi?

You really have to wonder where Reshiram is in that set... why have Zekrom and Kyurem, but no Reshi?
Zekrom is not actually included in the set. The page says that the new keychains are bigger than the previous ones, which is why Kyurem is being compared to Zekrom.

Hell and even if there are figures hidden, Kyurem showing up yet again merchandise is good enough for me to consider gray sometime in the March-May period. Sure it would be strange to have a game out in Spring with the advertising movie out in July, but hell it could prove to be more profitable to have the ticket pre-order Pokemon for the brand new shiny game instead of the 2 year old game.

A movie based around the Musketeers and Kyurem seems plausible at this point. Though I really do wonder how they'll treat the dragon's storyline.

If it has anything to do with Gray it could be Kyurem alt formes. If they are my guess at two alt formes instead of one isn't so far off after all.

If Kyurem is to get a pure Yang Forme (Reshiram) and a pure Yin Forme (Zekrom) then I hope they give it 3 alternate formes with the last being a forme of balance. (Both Reshiram/Zekrom)

Let it keep the ice typing for the Yang/Ying formes for ColdFlare & Freezebolt, and then lose the ice typing for the original balanced state. Thats enough theorymoning for me lol

Last edited:

^I only thought of two alt formes for the fact the original Dragon Reshi and Zek was once is probably long gone by now even if Kyurem gets an alternate forme. Maybe it's because making a balanced forme would end up me going over the 680 BST when I have stats like these in mind:

HP: 125
Attack: 150
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 115

HP: 125
Attack: 100
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 150
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 115

Plus the idea was that moves from other formes could be carried over to another forme as well, giving normal Kyurem a whole bunch of different moves it normally wouldn't have gotten. I'd like to see the look on Scizor's face when it suddenly gets Fusion Flared in the face.

Regardless of whether or not Kyurem has more than one Forme (I don't really see the point), it is more likely than not that one of the question marks pertains to Keldeo.

Hey guys. New Pokemon Black and White keychains discovered and there are two shadows/question marks. I think the first one is Keldeo. No idea what the other one is though.

I posted a story here if anyone wants to read: Pokemon Black and White keychains/charms set - Two unknown Pokemon yet to be revealed | Pokemon Black and White

This possibly looks like an early bird merchandise for the 14th movie next year. Perhaps they're planning on making two versions again with Keldeo on one version and another event Pokemon on the second version while the Kyurem and the Musketeer trio will appear on both.

Reshiram isn't there, so I'm guessing it'll be Reshiram and Spiky-Eared Oshawott. "Why cover up Reshiram?" you may ask. "Why cover it up for movie 14?" I shall ask in return.

Seriously though, judging from the past, it would be naive to assume that these are new Pokémon or new formes right away.

Joshawott said:
Reshiram isn't there, so I'm guessing it'll be Reshiram and Spiky-Eared Oshawott. "Why cover up Reshiram?" you may ask. "Why cover it up for movie 14?" I shall ask in return.
Again, Zekrom is not actually part of this set. The reason Reshiram was obscured from the early Movie 14 advertisements was that something had to be kept a surprise until Feburary, and that turned out to be the fact that there were two movie versions based on Zekrom and Reshiram.

How exactly can something like that be pulled off again? The event Pokémon need to be revealed eventually. Since the keychains will be released in February, it stands to reason that by then at least Keldeo will have some merchandise. It shouldn't be stated as fact, but the skepticism is a bit out of place.

Again, Zekrom is not actually part of this set. The reason Reshiram was obscured from the early Movie 14 advertisements was that something had to be kept a surprise until Feburary, and that turned out to be the fact that there were two movie versions based on Zekrom and Reshiram.

How exactly can something like that be pulled off again? The event Pokémon need to be revealed eventually. Since the keychains will be released in February, it stands to reason that by then at least Keldeo will have some merchandise.
I agree that Keldeo will most likely be revealed around February next year, especially considering the Muskedeers are available as keychains around the same time too.

Merchandise-wise though, wouldn't it make more sense to release the merchandise for Keldeo around the same time that the movie will be in cinemas - July? Also, that leaves the other slot...and to see the fandom jump to "Zomg Kyurem forme!" was expected, albeit facepalm worthy. Within the last year or so, I've learned to take things with a huge pinch of salt though, so I'll wait and see.

I agree that Keldeo will most likely be revealed around February next year, especially considering the Muskedeers are available as keychains around the same time too.

Merchandise-wise though, wouldn't it make more sense to release the merchandise for Keldeo around the same time that the movie will be in cinemas - July? Also, that leaves the other slot...and to see the fandom jump to "Zomg Kyurem forme!" was expected, albeit facepalm worthy. Within the last year or so, I've learned to take things with a huge pinch of salt though, so I'll wait and see.

No, it would make more sense to release merchandise of Keldeo as soon as it's revealed. Strike while the iron is hot kind of thing... The only merchandise to be released in July would be theatre exclusive merchandise and the 7/11 lottery merchandise.

Merchandise-wise though, wouldn't it make more sense to release the merchandise for Keldeo around the same time that the movie will be in cinemas - July?
Movie merchandise usually starts to be released in early April. If a new main series game is going to be released before the movie, I can certainly see why the merchandise would be released a bit earlier than usual.

Since it definitely seems that this will be a main series game, do you guys think it will be announced in this month's CoroCoro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom