• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Since it definitely seems that this will be a main series game, do you guys think it will be announced in this month's CoroCoro?

Possibly, if it's a main series game. If Coro Coro didn't announce it this month, they may show a preview for the next issue (January 2012 issue which would be released on December 2011) regarding a new game announcement. What matters is that it should be announced around November or December since the said game will be released on Spring 2012, regardless if it's a main series game or a spin-off game.

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Did the corocoro leaks come already? I think it should at least give a mention about this new game...

Nothing has been leaked yet. Since we should only expect a sign of a new game rather than an actual announcement (considering PokéPark 2 has just been released), it isn't surprising that leaking the information (if there is any) is not a huge priority. The scan that hinted at Platinum was uploaded to the Internet a mere day before CoroCoro's official release.

Since it definitely seems that this will be a main series game, do you guys think it will be announced in this month's CoroCoro?
I imagine it will be announced at the Jump Festa in December (which is 17th December). If it was a few day days earlier, I'd have thought we'd hear about it in December's CoroCoroo (well, the "January" issue) but I doubt they'd announce it in CoroCoro before Jump Festa (If they do plan on announcing it there that is).

Unfortunately, the Jump Festa page about TPC seems awfully bare (and inb4 people use the pictures of Reshiram and Zekrom there as a hint...)

Jump Festa would be the best bet, considering how a December Reveal would still allow the game to come in spring and have enough breathing room like all the other games. Thing is, CoroCoro would still have to reveal it before Jump Festa, unless TPC is considering to give us a full blown trailer before anything else. Which could be interesting in its own right....

Pokémon Gray would be nice, though I wouldn't mind a new Ranger game either.

The real question is whether they're finally moving onto the 3DS or not.

Pokémon Gray would be nice, though I wouldn't mind a new Ranger game either.

The real question is whether they're finally moving onto the 3DS or not.

I would much rather them finish out this gen on the ds. I want to let the 3ds get some momentum and hold it. The remakes were nice but I want a game that doesn't pull out money with nostalsia but the actual features of the game.

Did the January 2012 issue preview scan leaked already? If they will announce the new game on December (either on Coro Coro or the upcoming Jump Festa), they should at least give a hint on a new game announcement on this month's issue.

Unfortunately, the Jump Festa page about TPC seems awfully bare (and inb4 people use the pictures of Reshiram and Zekrom there as a hint...)

And as curious as I am, what is the part of the site there where it says "COMING SOON"? ^^;

Did the January 2012 issue preview scan leaked already? If they will announce the new game on December (either on Coro Coro or the upcoming Jump Festa), they should at least give a hint on a new game announcement on this month's issue.

And as curious as I am, what is the part of the site there where it says "COMING SOON"? ^^;
The January 2012 issue won't be released in Japan until mid-December and the December issue is coming out in the coming week (iirc), so I doubt it has even been printed yet.

Okay, I looked at the guidebook pic silktree posted on the first page and I saw Pokedex 3D AR markers. If this is a FULL pokedex then could that mean an expansion?

The January 2012 issue won't be released in Japan until mid-December and the December issue is coming out in the coming week (iirc), so I doubt it has even been printed yet.

The scan regarding the Tornadus/Thundurus event already leaked, so at least there's someone who had the magazine already. I hope they also post the next issue preview scan, Coro Coro magazines always have a preview of their next issue on the latter pages of their magazine, and on that part of the scan, we'd always knew if there's an upcoming new Pokemon game or even new Pokemon.

The scan regarding the Tornadus/Thundurus event already leaked, so at least there's someone who had the magazine already. I hope they also post the next issue preview scan, Coro Coro magazines always have a preview of their next issue on the latter pages of their magazine, and on that part of the scan, we'd always knew if there's an upcoming new Pokemon game or even new Pokemon.
If the preview said anything about a new game, I would think we'd know about it by now.

The lack of such a preview doesn't mean anything about what will happen next month. For instance, HGSS's announcement had not been foreshadowed by CoroCoro at all.

I have Google Alerts set to pick up anything related to a Wii RPG for Pokemon, and this came up:

OPINION: Reasons to believe... 3DS will have a strong Xmas | Games industry news | MCV

AND THERE'S POKEMON

Spin-off title Super Pokémon Rumble is due in December, and you can guarantee The Pokémon Company are hard at work on a full 3DS RPG.

Even though the title of this article basically says it's an opinion piece, I'm still wondering why he would make a statement like that with it sounding like a fact. Does he know something that we don't? Or is he just making an ass-pull?

Even though the title of this article basically says it's an opinion piece, I'm still wondering why he would make a statement like that with it sounding like a fact. Does he know something that we don't? Or is he just making an ass-pull?

I believe that his statement is merely speculative. There has been a lot of talk about when Game Freak are finally going to move their titles onto 3DS, and I seem to remember that one of the Game Freak staff mentioned some time ago that the company had been at work with the 3DS development kit. I would say that the statement in that article was made based on the fact that a main Pokemon adventure will inevitably make its way onto 3DS soon. Either way, there is nothing to suggest that December couldn't still bring us a big game reveal.

If it was a Ruby and Sapphire remake, I wonder if it'd be on the 3ds... I would sort of want that. The 3ds needs more games.

At this point in time, I'd say that the comment about the full 3DS RPG is speculative. The phrase "and you can guarantee The Pokémon Company are hard at work on a full 3DS RPG." seems more like the writer is informing the reader that even they 'know' it's pretty obvious that the company are.

Well yeah, obviously Pokemon will move to the 3DS sooner or later in the future, so them working on a full 3DS RPG goes without saying. XD Unless Pokemon games are to end with gen 5 or something which we know that they likely won't.

The question is, if a new main series game comes out this spring (I'll just say Gray to keep it simple) then will it be on the DS, the 3DS, or both? As I explained before, I'd rather they keep one last game on the DS in order to finish off Pokemon and gen 5 on it. Theres nothing wrong with a port of coarse if thats what they want to do, but I'd rather them not completely moving Pokemon to the 3DS in the middle of generation 5.

Thats what generation 6 is for. Also, that article was talking about the Christmas/holiday season. If I am not mistaken we would surely have heard about a main series RPG for the 3DS or DS if it were to released this holiday season, which is a mere month away. So yeah, this is speculation about the obvious that the 3DS will eventually have a Pokemon RPG on it.

IDK, I believe they'll pull a Crystal on the third version by making it 3DS exclusive. Sure Gold and Silver were marketed for the GBC, but so were R/B/Y when they were first released outside of Japan in 1998. So expect Gen 6 to be released on the 3DS's successor just like Gen 3 for the GBA.

Don't forget about Pokemon Emerald and them keeping it on the GBA when the DS was already out. A similar situation could happen here. It would just be much easier to finish on the DS, unless they are looking to extend Generation 5's lifetime or something.

I'm pretty sure they'll finish Generation V on the DS. It would be really weird if they will move to the 3DS in the middle of the said generation just like what El_ said. Junichi Masuda said that he wanted to do 2 titles on the DS, which is obviously Generation IV and Generation V, so it would be really better if they will finish Generation V on the DS, regardless if they will release Gray and RSEmakes or only one of them or not at all. It would be really plausible if they will move on to the 3DS console sooner than later, but not too much sooner, and start on that console with Generation VI, so that's why I have a feeling that only one of the two game/s I mentioned will be released before they finish Generation V and move on to Generation VI, by either releasing Gray or RSEmakes, with Gray as being more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom