• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

IDK, I believe they'll pull a Crystal on the third version by making it 3DS exclusive. Sure Gold and Silver were marketed for the GBC, but so were R/B/Y when they were first released outside of Japan in 1998. So expect Gen 6 to be released on the 3DS's successor just like Gen 3 for the GBA.
Red, Blue and Yellow were marketed for the Gameboy outside of Japan, not the Gameboy Colour.

Pokemon_red_box.jpg

Pok%C3%A9mon_Blue_Version_(Box_Art).png

yellow-boxart.jpg
EDIT: Okay, I love how the images get larger as you go down, which was not intended, but makes the point clearer xD

Don't forget about Pokemon Emerald and them keeping it on the GBA when the DS was already out. A similar situation could happen here. It would just be much easier to finish on the DS, unless they are looking to extend Generation 5's lifetime or something.
While Emerald's release was after the DS' internationally, in Japan Emerald was released just under 3 months before the DS.

I'm pretty sure they'll finish Generation V on the DS. It would be really weird if they will move to the 3DS in the middle of the said generation just like what El_ said. Junichi Masuda said that he wanted to do 2 titles on the DS, which is obviously Generation IV and Generation V, so it would be really better if they will finish Generation V on the DS, regardless if they will release Gray and RSEmakes or only one of them or not at all. It would be really plausible if they will move on to the 3DS console sooner than later, but not too much sooner, and start on that console with Generation VI, so that's why I have a feeling that only one of the two game/s I mentioned will be released before they finish Generation V and move on to Generation VI, by either releasing Gray or RSEmakes, with Gray as being more likely.
I also think Gen V will end on the DS. My main reason for thinking so is how during development of BW, GameFreak said one of the biggest problems they had was making the games feel different to Gen IV; after having just experienced that problem and it being fresh in their memories, it would be a pretty stupid move to make themselves encounter it again when they get to Generation VI. I imagine Grey will be released in Japan next year, we'll see Gen VI in 2013, and RS remakes in 2015.

Last edited:
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Red, Blue and Yellow were marketed for the Gameboy outside of Japan, not the Gameboy Colour.

Pokemon_red_box.jpg

Pok%C3%A9mon_Blue_Version_(Box_Art).png

yellow-boxart.jpg
EDIT: Okay, I love how the images get larger as you go down, which was not intended, but makes the point clearer xD

Then why did the U.S. commercials promote those games for the GBC?

Not being in America, I can't recall that at all. However, I'd imagine they were seen being played on the GBC because that was the latest console at the time (well, it had very few actual differences to the gameboy), having only been released a month after Red and Blue. For example, I never got the original Gameboy; I got a Gameboy Colour with my Red (as in Europe, the GBC had been out for a year before RB). It's kind of like how in America, Crystal was bundled with a GBA.

(Or they could have had "Cheat Koga's gym - use a GBC instead" xD)

The oldest ads used GB Pocket hardware:

[video=youtube;tSHOg8PMZ5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSHOg8PMZ5E[/video]

And the earliest JP ads used Brick GBs and Super GB H/W:

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_game_commercial.asp?ID=1441

I think the later ads did it because it was the newest GB H/W, and because usually ads want to show off the newest hardware with the newest games.

It's just like how Sony and MS show the newest games in ads being played on the 360s/PS3 Slim, while newer games also use icons from the newer 360 models, while older games still use images of the original 360.

Last edited:

Sure enough, something's gonna be announced at Jump Festa next month (according to Serebii).

When is Jump Festa next moth? Whenever it is, I guess we'll be getting news of what this game is soon.

Edit: just read on Serebii that its Dec 17-18th, well whatever it is, it should be a nice early christmas present for Pokemon fans.

Last edited:

Apparently it's a "big announcement". I'd love if it was "As of the London 2012 Olympic Games, 'Pokémon Battling' will be an official Olympic sport" (not going to happen xD).

Well, at least finally after more than a year, we will finally get some "news". I do hope though that it's an announcement of a new main series Pokemon game or Keldeo or maybe even announce them both. :)

Apparently it's a "big announcement". I'd love if it was "As of the London 2012 Olympic Games, 'Pokémon Battling' will be an official Olympic sport" (not going to happen xD).

NEVER LOSE HOPE!!! :p

Eh, third version on DS seems possible. It's already about a year and a quarter after B/W was released in Japan.

It's probably gonna be one of the following;

Pokemon Gray Version

Pokemon MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire Versions

Pokemon InfernoRed and ForestGreen Versions

With that recent announcement regarding Movie 15 merchandise, I'm leaning more towards the 3rd Version now. What's interesting is that the merchandise I'm talking about are DS stylus pens, representing the Muskateer trio, Kyruem, and another one that's yet to be revealed. Not to mention that this "surprise" announcement regarding a possible game coming out Spring 2012 and the Movie 15 announcement will both be happening next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom