• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game hin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Earlier this year, other Nintendo higher ups said there was a Wii game in development, but that hasn't surfaced yet.

Now I'm a little confused... isn't that same Wii game now supposed to be Pokepark 2? Or is there something else that's being developed?

Re: Satoru Iwata talks about 3DS, Wii U, Nintendo at briefing today: New Pokémon game

Don't get your hopes up. If there was something coming, we'd see it in say CoroCoro, 2ch, or Pokemon Smash first...well at least hints of it. Besides, usually games are announced in the spring, not winter, and hit in september/October, and spring for the us games.
Spring is at least four months away, and most of the main series games were announced four months in advance. There could at least be a hint in the upcoming CoroCoro.

As for the release date issue, that's a pretty null point. Red and Green were released in February, and their anniversary is being commemorated now. There would be nothing wrong with releasing a game a month or so after the anniversary celebration; nothing would be gained by waiting until September.

Now I'm a little confused... isn't that same Wii game now supposed to be Pokepark 2? Or is there something else that's being developed?
You're right; that game was obviously just PokéPark 2, and nothing suggests that another Wii game is being developed. There is a good reason (the Wii U) to wait until the end of 2012 to release a console title, but no such reason exists as far as the handheld games are concerned.

Last edited:

Even so, PokéPark 2 was announced months after that statement was made, not right after.

So, are they one in the same or not? I'm still confused.

This is a confusing announcement. Hopefully more substantial news will come soon...

I read something about a Pokemon Gray website being registered by the same company that registered Black and White's website (found this on IGN). This doesn't prove anything, but it is an interesting detail. With all of what we know combined, it makes me think Gray version is on the way, though I would also be happy with a new Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Snap.

Part of the reason that I'm *partially* doubtful about it being the 3rd version is because it seems like it's a little too early for any info on it to be coming out at this point in time. There has been at least a 2 year gap of releases between the duo and their respective 3rd versions. Black and White came out in Japan last year, so hypothetically then the 3rd version wouldn't come out until next fall. If that's the case, I don't think we would be seeing the first "leaks" until sometime this coming late winter/early spring, like how the Zoroark silhouette came out in February and the very first mention of the games being in January. And yeah, I know, we only have 2 months left of this year... with that in mind, I am still open to the possibility of this being a 3rd version.

Requoting myself regarding the "two year gap."

Lets examine how far third versions have been apart shall we: English releases and Japanese.

Red/Blue - 1998 Yellow - 1999 (English releases)
Gold/Silver - 1999/2000 Crystal - 2000/2001
Ruby/Sapphire - 2002/2003 Emerald - 2004/2005
Diamond/Pearl - 2006/2007 Platinum - 2008/2009

Just whats stopping GameFreak from going back to the original formula? Just because they did the two year gap last gen does not at all mean that it has to happen in this one.

Just to add, the original Japanese third version *Pokemon Blue* came out within the same year as the paired versions. So there is not really a set formula for releasing the third version. I'd even go so far as to say that if it weren't for FR/LG being remade then Emerald might have also came out a bit earlier than the two year gap.

Since there is no remakes, nor any console game coming, then it has to be the third version.

Last edited:

Just whats stopping GameFreak from going back to the original formula? Just because they did the two year gap last gen does not at all mean that it has to happen in this one.

Just to add, the original Japanese third version *Pokemon Blue* came out within the same year as the paired versions. So there is not really a set formula for releasing the third version. I'd even go so far as to say that if it weren't for FR/LG being remade then Emerald might have also came out a bit earlier than the two year gap.

Since there is no remakes, nor any console game coming, then it has to be the third version.

... um.. unless you are psychic that comment is pretty fail.. how do you know there won't be a remake or side-game next? I still doubt that Grey will be next...

The last two remakes were, as I and others have been saying repeatedly 6 years apart. There is no need nor any rush to have Hoenn remade anytime soon.

Side games recently have had their time and they can't keep releasing them forever. The time is now for a main series game. There is no console game coming, I guess being saved for the Wii U, so they will likely focus on finishing Pokemon on the DS first.

The last two remakes were, as I and others have been saying repeatedly 6 years apart. There is no need nor any rush to have Hoenn remade anytime soon.

Side games recently have had their time and they can't keep releasing them forever. The time is now for a main series game. There is no console game coming, I guess being saved for the Wii U, so they will likely focus on finishing Pokemon on the DS first.

and if they were both releasedvon their 10th anniversary there would still be a 4 year gap and R/S came out 2 years AFTER G/S... so yuourcomment is moot. FR/LG were the only needed remake.HG/SS was not needed at all yet they did anyway on there 10th annversary. odds are they mght do the 10th anniversary again. They've showed they are willing to do remake games that weren't really needed you could get every single Gen II pokemon in Gen in Emeraldd Collo/XD and Platinum...

Say what you will HG/SS wasn't needed all and was only released as fanservice. and about thhe side-games... yeah they can... if they can still do the main games they still can do Side-games... so try again

Say what you will HG/SS wasn't needed all and was only released as fanservice. and about thhe side-games... yeah they can... if they can still do the main games they still can do Side-games... so try again

Let's get this straight. HGSS was fanservice, but you want another remake that's even more fanservice?

If HGSS was "pointless", then yes RS remakes are equally "pointless" as well. As for available pokémon, I would hardly call some gen II pokémon readily available with the demands set. (not only ignoring that Hoenn starters and legendaries were put into HGSS, does that seem like a promising sign to you, that they make Hoenn pokémon even more available?)

and if they were both releasedvon their 10th anniversary there would still be a 4 year gap and R/S came out 2 years AFTER G/S... so yuourcomment is moot. FR/LG were the only needed remake.

HG/SS 2009 - 2012 (The year that your hoping to have remakes)

Thats a three year gap buddy. They should never try to release remakes closer to the actual main series games releases because the main focus should not be on remaking everything to begin with.

Thats why Pokemon on the VC is a much better idea and saves time/money while giving fans true nostalgia, but I digress.

Theres also the issue that they would likely be on the DS, which would keep Pokemon on the DS instead of the 3DS longer than it has to be. Its far easier to release Pokemon Grey now as the last main series game on the DS. Then after that gen 6 would be usher'd in on the 3DS, and then R/S/E remakes would be possible, if they don't appear on the VC. No, before you ask they aren't nor should they move Pokemon to the 3DS in the middle of a generation, especially when they can close said generation off in just one game, the third version to B/W. (Though a 3DS port is possible)

Thats the logical thing to do anyways.

Last edited:

HG/SS 2009 - 2012 (The year that your hoping to have remakes)

Thats a three year gap buddy. They should never try to release remakes closer to the actual main series games releases because the main focus should not be on remaking everything to begin with.

Thats why Pokemon on the VC is a much better idea and saves time/money while giving fans true nostalgia, but I digress.

Theres also the issue that they would likely be on the DS, which would keep Pokemon on the DS instead of the 3DS longer than it has to be. Its far easier to release Pokemon Grey now as the last main series game on the DS. Then after that gen 6 would be usher'd in on the 3DS, and then R/S/E remakes would be possible, if they don't appear on the VC. No, before you ask they aren't nor should they move Pokemon to the 3DS in the middle of a generation, especially when they can close said generation off in just one game, the third version to B/W. (Though a 3DS port is possible)

Thats the logical thing to do anyways.

I fthey were gonna put a main-game on the VC they would've waited another year and put G/S on the Vc... So far no Pokemon has been announced for the VC period... so the odds for a main game is extremly low. And they changed game systems mid-gen already why do people forget Crystal? If Grey and R/S/Emakes are on the 3DS (chanes are hgh they will the 3DS will have been out a year by the time the next pokemon game s out)

The statement about R/S remakes being pointless is hypocritical... Every Gen II pokemon could be caught even without Collo/XD (Ho-oh Lugia and Celibi were events the Beasts were avable in FR/LG just like the Weather Trio was avable in HG/SS) So yeah they were pretty easy to get before HG/SS...

Since there isn't a set-in-stone formula like you're claiming, I could argue that there might be a 3-year gap instead of a 2-year this Generation... but I'm not going to. At this point, I don't care what the game is going to be until we get more information.

As annoying and thick-headed that Articwolf is being right now, he does have a point about this statement. Nobody here is psychic, so neither of us can go around claiming that "it's this game, it can't be that game" without knowing more. The reason why I brought up the 2 year gap in the first place is because I'm not as "in the know" as the rest of you are, so it made perfect sense to me.

If it's not a remake and console game like you claim, there could be another option besides the 3rd version: a completely new spin-off for the 3DS. If you ask me, I think that would be more interesting than a 3rd version, because basically the 3rd versions are the same games as the duos but with more features and a few little tweaks in the storyline.

And speaking of a console game, all I want is a simple "yes" or "no" answer to my previous question regarding Pokepark 2. Is it the Wii game that the earlier announcement from Nintendo that same game or not? There's people on here saying it is, there's people saying it isn't, their answers are a little more vague than they should be because they're only voicing opinions and not facts about it, and it's driving me nuts.

Wasn't that supposedly a RPG, like XD?

The statement about R/S remakes being pointless is hypocritical... Every Gen II pokemon could be caught even without Collo/XD (Ho-oh Lugia and Celibi were events the Beasts were avable in FR/LG just like the Weather Trio was avable in HG/SS) So yeah they were pretty easy to get before HG/SS...

I tire of this, but just for making things clear, the situations aren't comparable, and I laugh at easily available, that's pretty far out.

First of all, you're talking about an event here, for pokémon that's not really event-pokémon to begin with. That alone drastically cuts down on availability, whereas the Weather trio was put into the games for no real reason I can think of. That's not remotely the same. The Johto starters weren't exactly easy to obtain (they were obtainable, but in order to even get them, the things you had to do were pretty exhausting, and not nearly everyone had the capacity to do so), yet Steven just gives you one Hoenn starter in HGSS (you get a Kanto one as well, but I think that was more for just "getting 'em all" or something). If you add the Lati@s, which were readily available in RSE to import directly to HGSS, and it seems to me at least like they weren't exactly trying to make Hoenn remakes a must for the collections sake. One thing would have been event pokémon, but these are neither, so the point is a bit moot.

If you say that HGSS was pointless, then RS remakes are equally pointless. Easy as that. I can very much agree that HGSS were pointless, that's really fine by me (not saying they were bad games, just rather pointless), as long as that involves a RS remake as well.

Getting somewhat back to the original topic, I'm unsure to get my hopes up for, well, anything, until I actually see it. I don't really mind side games much (I don't play them, but I know many do, and I would be a douche to take that away from them, and I can't form a real opinion about things I haven't played either), but it's a bit disappointing to see side games all the time.

I tire of this, but just for making things clear, the situations aren't comparable, and I laugh at easily available, that's pretty far out.

First of all, you're talking about an event here, for pokémon that's not really event-pokémon to begin with. That alone drastically cuts down on availability, whereas the Weather trio was put into the games for no real reason I can think of. That's not remotely the same. The Johto starters weren't exactly easy to obtain (they were obtainable, but in order to even get them, the things you had to do were pretty exhausting, and not nearly everyone had the capacity to do so), yet Steven just gives you one Hoenn starter in HGSS (you get a Kanto one as well, but I think that was more for just "getting 'em all" or something). If you add the Lati@s, which were readily available in RSE to import directly to HGSS, and it seems to me at least like they weren't exactly trying to make Hoenn remakes a must for the collections sake. One thing would have been event pokémon, but these are neither, so the point is a bit moot.

If you say that HGSS was pointless, then RS remakes are equally pointless. Easy as that. I can very much agree that HGSS were pointless, that's really fine by me (not saying they were bad games, just rather pointless), as long as that involves a RS remake as well.

Getting somewhat back to the original topic, I'm unsure to get my hopes up for, well, anything, until I actually see it. I don't really mind side games much (I don't play them, but I know many do, and I would be a douche to take that away from them, and I can't form a real opinion about things I haven't played either), but it's a bit disappointing to see side games all the time.

I'm not expecting the R/S games to be the games announced... I say it'll be a side-game and I know R/S/Emakes would be ointless but as you said Hg/SS were pointless as well... I'm cofindent GF can do a great job with it.. Eh we will see

I fthey were gonna put a main-game on the VC they would've waited another year and put G/S on the Vc... So far no Pokemon has been announced for the VC period... so the odds for a main game is extremly low. And they changed game systems mid-gen already why do people forget Crystal? If Grey and R/S/Emakes are on the 3DS (chanes are hgh they will the 3DS will have been out a year by the time the next pokemon game s out)

The difference between Gen I/II and Gen III is that Gen III is compatible with the current games. If they ported a Gen I-II title over to the VC there will no doubt be some idiots who don't know that. Lastly, HGSS entered development in 2006 - at that stage, GameFreak would not have known that the 3DS existed; heck, I'm not sure they'd have even known in 2009 when the games were released.

Lastly, I'm getting sick of having to say this over and over again: Although Gold and Silver worked on the original Gameboy, they were marketed as GAMEBOY COLOUR games. Therefore, ALL of Generation II was on the Gameboy Colour. Why do people forget that at the pace of a goldfish?

Last edited:

The difference between Gen I/II and Gen III is that Gen III is compatible with the current games. If they ported a Gen I-II title over to the VC there will no doubt be some idiots who don't know that. Lastly, HGSS entered development in 2006 - at that stage, GameFreak would not have known that the 3DS existed; heck, I'm not sure they'd have even known in 2009 when the games were released.

Lastly, I'm getting sick of having to say this over and over again: Although Gold and Silver worked on the original Gameboy, they were marketed as GAMEBOY COLOUR games. Therefore, ALL of Generation II was on the Gameboy Colour. Why do people forget that at the pace of a goldfish?

There are 3 problems with that however... 1) Gen III and V aren't directly compatable You have to Palpark then Pokeshift which isn't compatability. 2) If you have a DSi or 3DS that's not an option as R/S/E can't be played and 3) Where are people going to get a R/S/E cartrage? Those are impossible to find new and the batteries are dying which stops timed events (Berry Growing Shoal Cave ect...) plus I doubt the newer kids will want to play R/S/E... and the 3DS wasn't out when B/W came out but will have been out for over a year by the time the next Main game comes out PLUS they've already moved a side game to the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom