• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoshi-tachi speculation

Scott85 said:
Ash sends Squirtle and Phanpy out of their Pokeballs in the movie, so they're obviously his.

I'm guessing he picks them up in the Oaks reunion episode. I guess Squirtle will get there somehow, maybe Jenny will drop him off.

Likewise, if May wasn't staying why would they give her a Munchlax? The thing hasn't even done anything of importance yet, so if they were planning on removing May they would have never given her a Munchlax.

For someone that has pretty much been a co-star with Ash for the whole Hoenn region (even with her own league and everything), they're not going to throw her out after Hoenn ends.

They gave Misty a Luvdisc. AND a Gyarados...

And when does this happen with Squirtle/Phanpy?

Damian Silverblade said:
That is, ASSUMING the new arc is Battle Frontier and not Kanto.

You keep claiming it is, but I haven't seen you put forth one shred of evidence either way.

And last I checked, 20-3-1 = 16, which is STILL a WEE Bit more than 13.

Why would Scott tell Ash about the Frontier in the next new episode and not have Ash go there?

It would seem pointless for Scott to explain Ash all about the Frontier and have Ash roaming aimlessly around Kanto instead.

If the writers didn't plan on putting the Frontier in the anime, then Scott would have never been in this new episode. He's there for a reason you know.

That's not proof, it's speculation. One could just as easily ask, "Why have Misty show up in Pallet of all places then take two episodes off just so they can drop her back home?" or "Why have an episode title refering to 'gathering the group at Oak's lab'" if Ash was always goign to keep the standard Hoenn group with him anyway?

And if Ash spends time in Kanto preparing for Battle Frontier, that's most certainly part of the Battle Frontier arc anyway.

Last edited:
I dunno, remember that Tracey had a Marill and yet he was gone by the time they actually entered Johto.
Nobody liked Tracey, so that's why he was gone.

It seems pretty pointless for Ash to go back to Kanto to prepare for the BF and then go all the way back to Hoenn unless the BF is in Kanto, but why would they suddenly move it to Kanto? But yeah the games aren't the anime I guess.

You know what would be funny? If Ash didn't even go to the BF. Yeah, that would be hilarious. :D

Tracey
Pros - since he hasn't been a main character for such a long time, it's theoretically possible that the writers will stick him in this mini-arc just for old times sake. Or, who knows, maybe they'll try to give him something cool to do just to prove that his character wasn't a total mistake after all.
Cons - a Tracey return is even more wildly speculative than a Misty one. He has very few fans and plenty of detractors, he isn't at all marketable, and he's never been particularly interested in battling, so I'd have to wonder what purpose he'd have for even wanting to come.

Nobody liked Tracey, so that's why he was gone.

Plus, remember what you said about advertising? Every other main party member has been based on a game character. Even Max himself is based on the "School Kid" from Ruby and Sapphire. That leaves Tracey as the odd duck. His prescence doesn't really advertise anything.

I like him, but he just doesn't have that same "zing" that GameFreak-based characters do.

They have maybe 13 weeks before D/P comes out. This is not going to be a season.

If it was only 13 weeks, we'd have gotten a lot more advertising by now. Screenshots, concept art, news - etc. DP will not be out in 3 month's time. I'd say more like 4 or 5 months from now, unless GameFreak is uncharacteristically waiting until the very last second to release promotional advertisements.

But of course, I'm assuming that D/P will come out on time, I haven't heard anything about Gamefreaks delaying the game.

We've heard nearly nothing about the game, much less about delays. All we've got is a system, four Pokemon, and some vauge statements. By this time - for GSC and for RS, weren't we getting boxart or art at the very least?

As for May, how do we KNOW there are no contest houses outside of Hoenn? The only reason we didn't see any in Kanto and Johto was simply because they weren't created in the games yet.

Well, in the games, we are TOLD that Pokemon Contests exist in Kanto - at least because Daisy is a Champion - not assuming that she travels to Hoenn back and forth constantly to continue her career. Johto has also been said to have Contests in the manga and such . . .

Why would Scott tell Ash about the Frontier in the next new episode and not have Ash go there?

Why give Ash a GS ball that doesn't do anything?

Zeta said:
Plus, remember what you said about advertising? Every other main party member has been based on a game character. Even Max himself is based on the "School Kid" from Ruby and Sapphire. That leaves Tracey as the odd duck. His prescence doesn't really advertise anything.

I like him, but he just doesn't have that same "zing" that GameFreak-based characters do.

Todd was in the anime long before he was actually given his own game. Could they perhaps be basing a character in D/P off Tracey?

Todd was in the anime long before he was actually given his own game. Could they perhaps be basing a character in D/P off Tracey?

Really? Is this true for releases in Japan, as well? Because I thought Todd appeared as nothing more than an ad for Pokemon Snap . . .

Well considering DS has the touchscreen feature, I could easily see something related to drawing coming in. Demo, I don't know. Even though I'd love to see Kenji as a main character again, I just don't think it'll happen. If anything, they'll probably dump out Takeshi and bring in some new guy for D/P.

Ash sends Squirtle and Phanpy out of their Pokeballs in the movie, so they're obviously his.
Where did you fnd this out? We only know that Squirtle and Phanpy will be in "Pikachu's Ghost Festival", and even there we only assume that they are Ash's at the moment.

Well...... There is a Phanpy in movie 8. We know that much from the manga.

I suppose the movie could be set on the way to the Battle Frontier, then. I don't think they have any reason to change the cast prior to the D/P saga, once they have dumped Misty back in Cerulean City.

That leaves Tracey as the odd duck. His prescence doesn't really advertise anything.

That's because the Orange Islands didn't care about advertising anything, they were basically an opportunity for the writers to do whatever they wanted while they waited to start the Johto season.

You're all forgetting the option that I REALLY want - an all new character. Specifically a male character, since we've had May.

^ They tried adding a new male character to the show (Tracey) and very few people liked him.

Then they tried adding ANOTHER male character to the show, this time a little boy (Max) and although he seems to be more popular than Tracey, a lot of people don't care for him.

Seems to me that the writers do a better job with introducing a new female character than a new male one. As the two new male characters they've introduced since the show started (Tracey and Max) haven't been very popular.

The reason no one liked Tracey (or so the writers would have you believe) is because they never arsed to give him a backstory.

Exactly. He had no origin, no particularly interesting personality quirks (although this did make him somewhat more well-rounded than more charicature-like characters with exaggerated gimmicks like Brock), and his Pokemon were very much on the boring side - Venonat was hardly seen and had been featured before, Marill was a dissapointment after the hype about "PikaBlu", and Scyther came in way too late to add his coolness to the team.

I liked Tracey mostly because he didn't have a melt down everytime a pretty girl walked by. He could at least hold a conversation with a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny without his head exploding. His pokeshipping radar was cool too, and his obsession with proffessor Oak was hilarious. I'd love it if he came back, but I don't think they could pry him away from pallet town for any extended amount of time. It would also be nice if they let Misty come back, but she seems contented as a gym leader, and I bet they want someon new in the D/P lineup, and I don't think they will ditch Haruka yet. So I'm hoping Brock will leave and we'll get the new D/P guy. It could be very interesting to have another male trainer in the group. Maybe he could be Ash's new rival. It might be cool to have two main characters aiming to enter the league.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom