• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoshi-tachi speculation

I maintain that May should get her own spin-off show. With Sandra from Rubello and a boy OC travelling around as her sidekicks. Yup. *nods*

...Admittedly the endless contests/Grand Festivals would get just as repetitive as Ash's gym quest, but at least they'd be prettier.

cold_katanagirl said:
Y'know, they should ditch all the current characters and start clean.

If that ever happens,then I'll officially get off the Poke-train.After sticking this long with Ash and Co.,why would I want to see some other punk kid start *his* new journey all the way from the beginning?

Thanks,but no thanks.

Unregistered said:
He has 28 badges in total, that's enough!

Indeed.Which is why I wanted Ash to head out the Orre region after Hoenn.No new Pokemon,No Gyms,and no big league tournamant towards the end.Just Ash trying to find and save his kidnapped Pikachu.(nabbed by Team Snagem' after scouting for "potentials" at the Hoenn League of course. ;)

Then Ash would find out his Pikachu has been taken all the way to Orre,meet up with Wes and Rui,take on Cipher and Snagem',and rescue and purify all the Shadow Pokemon.Hell,just getting to see Ash ride on his own hover-bike would've been worth it.

But no...... We gotta go to D/P land....

As for May,I wouldn't mind at all if she sticked with the group and entered more contests.This would only be the second time around after all.I also believe the contests were one of the best parts of Hoenn and I really enjoyed how different they were from traditional battles.The attack combinations,the judging on a trainer's offensive and defensive strategies,the point system,and the time limit.(hey,we've been hearing "No time limit" at the start of battles since Kanto.Let's keep using it I say.)

I keep a mental note of episodes that have really impressed me throughout the series and these are also episodes that I'd like to show to people who don't necessarily know anything about Pokemon.The Fallarbor Contest episode is definitely one of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think May's contest quest has completly worn out it's welcome yet. I think I could survive another region of contests ^^, and it's true that the badge quest will probably never be axed, which kind of sucks. That's why they need a new third party member to introduce something new for D/P.

I agree, a female rival for Ash would be awesome!!! Back when May was first introduced, before she became a co-ordinator, I was hoping she would collect badges like Ash and that they could be rivals. It seems like the only strong female trainers Ash ever faces are gym leaders, and the ocasional league contest. It would be cool if Misty came back into the main team and Ash also had a female rival; then they could fight over him ^^

Well, at least the filler saga won't have badges, unless they decide to turn the Battle Frontier into a mini-league or something -_-.

Rocketshipper said:
Well, at least the filler saga won't have badges, unless they decide to turn the Battle Frontier into a mini-league or something -_-.

Sadly, the Frontier has 7 symbols to collect, which is basically the same things as badges.

GAH! Why must Ash always be collecting stuff in this show?

He may not be collecting them, though we don't know anything yet.

And we also don't know about D/P, so who knows what Game Freak have been telling the Writers. Contests were created because they were in the game. There is bound to be a new feature that will create another character's journey!

Um, even if they do use all new characters you do realize we'll be seeing the same stuff anyway?

Imagine if they used Brendan for Hoenn instead of Ash. What would we get? Brendan going to the 8 Hoenn GYMS and then losing in the league, the same exact thing Ash did.

No matter how many characters they add or change, the show will still be repetitive unless they complete throw the GYM quest out the window.

I don't know why the writers think that people won't lose interest in the show when we've watched the same damn GYM quest for 3.5 regions already.
I never said the new kid had to go on a pokemon journey to get badges, now did I?

... Or I probably did and I just forgot. If I did, I didn't mean they had to do the same thing. Sorry if I got anyone confused. o.0

But I'm in manga-mode. I liked how Red and the rest of them went on a journey, then Yellow had her stuff. Then when Johto hit, they weren't collecting badges, but it was still really good.

Then Hoenn Ruby and Sapphire have a rivalry going on (Badges VS Ribbons), but there's a lot of side stuff.

But yeah, it'll never be like the manga so...

ANYWAYZ.
If that ever happens,then I'll officially get off the Poke-train.After sticking this long with Ash and Co.,why would I want to see some other punk kid start *his* new journey all the way from the beginning?

Thanks,but no thanks.
I'm not really all that attached to them, so if they ditch em I won't be crying.

... Give Ash a female rival. A kick butt rival. XD

MistyIRC said:
... Give Ash a female rival. A kick butt rival. XD

SECONDED.

'omg lol ash x [insert rival's name here] is so kawaii!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 ^____^ i wrote a fic called summer nights love go chek it out lol' Bait if I ever I saw one though. =/

Would be cool though.

If they gave Ash a female rival, I'm sure everyone would go scream about how they're taunting each other as if they're hints, the same thing ContestShippers do with May/Drew.

I think they only gave Ash male rivals so they don't have to deal with new pairings.

I'm not a Contestshipper, as everything May/Drew say to each other is exactly the same as what Ash/Gary did to each other other than handing a rose that May seems to throw away as we never see them again, so I assume Ash having a new female rival would be the same thing.

Unregistered said:
I'm not a Contestshipper, as everything May/Drew say to each other is exactly the same as what Ash/Gary did to each other

And what Gary and Ash did to each other was still plenty enough for PalletShipping to be one of the BIIIIIIG ships back in the day. Second only to pokéshipping where Ash was concerned, probably.

Exactly. Slash is almost as popular as het in most fandoms, and more so in others. Ash will inevitably be paired up with any character he exchanges more than three words with, anyway.

If he did have a female rival, though, I doubt they'd fancy each other in canon, just because it'd be a rehash of the May/Drew thing.

These writers aren't original. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the writers threw in a female rival and they ended up liking each other.

*waiting for "WHAT ABOUT MISTY" people* XD

Damian Silverblade said:
And what Gary and Ash did to each other was still plenty enough for PalletShipping to be one of the BIIIIIIG ships back in the day. Second only to pokéshipping where Ash was concerned, probably.

Second only to PokéShipping full stop. RocketShipping was a distant third. More people probably paid RocketShipping lip service than PalletShipping, but the PalletShippers were a lot more proactive than any other ship.

cold_katanagirl said:
These writers aren't original. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the writers threw in a female rival and they ended up liking each other.

*waiting for "WHAT ABOUT MISTY" people* XD

What about MISTY YOU #$#@&(%@)&%!

...*cough* XD; Sorry CKG. Couldn't resist.

Ash really does need an on-par, every-other-episode rival (much like Drew was) who gets under his skin like Gary did. This whole my-strongest-rivals-show-up-at-the-end-of-the-region formula bites like a rabid rat and is getting old and moldy. Gary only showed up once every fifty episodes, and didn't do crapola; not exactly winning dynamics either.

10 times more realistic, but still sucky.

And I'd rather it be a younger trainer, a prodigy child, male or female, who looks likes they're Max's age but really not. XD Nothing's more humbling or humiliating than an older kid getting pwned by a 'child'.

Having seen the latest episode from Japan, and noting the strange, too-quick reunion with some characters, I am confident now that Satoshi-tachi will include for this next filler season.......Satoshi, Kasumi, and Masato.

While Kenji is in next weeks episode, it seems like he's only there because they're at Oak's. It seems very unusual that he wouldn't be in this weeks episode, not even going to meet Satoshi at his house when he arrived, if he was going to be joining the team.

Wait, I thought we knew that Kasumi's VA was only doing the three episodes? Wouldn't that rule out Misty coming along? And what about May - Brock could plausibly leave the group, but what is she supposed to do? Hang around at Delia's, twiddling her thumbs? I can't think why she wouldn't come along if Max was going.

Why are you so confident that that's what the group will consist of? To be honest, I can't really see why May would leave...

Archaic said:
I am confident now that Satoshi-tachi will include for this next filler season.......Satoshi, Kasumi, and Masato.

Uh...Archaic...for someone of your "status", don't you think you're being unrealistic.

We know May is coming back (she's in the very next episode!), as well as Brock. The next "filler" season is the BF, so how can you say that Misty and Max will be with Ash instead of May, Max, and Brock?

I don't know how someone like you can set such unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's just the Misty hope getting to you.

I'm confused as well as to why you're so "confident" about it, especially with the all too obvious facts of the AG cast staying the way it is.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom