• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoshi-tachi speculation

Kasumi-san said:
Maybe you're getting your hopes too high for May staying, Scott. We still have no solid proof as to who's going to stay in the main cast and who's not.

Sure we have no solid proof other than the movie, the fact that the voice actress for her is credited in all the new episodes, the fact that Misty's voice actress is only credited for 3 episodes, and the fact that the BF is still part of Advanced Generation, so there's not likely to be a lineup change.

Sure, I can say that all the female characters in the next episode will strip naked, but I don't. Why? Because I know it has a very unrealistic chance of happening.

The fact that Archaic just seems to be basing his beliefs off what he see's, rather than look at the outside evidence (he mentions Tracey not joining since he has a 1 episode appearance, yet he doesn't mention May's appearance in the ep, or nothing)

These are the same people who based unrealistic expectations thinking we'd see some sort of Kanto arc where Ash goes to all the old GYMS again, and I said the writers would never do that when they could advertise the Frontier from Emerald.

It's all just common sense, and now I'm sure someone can say that Ash might still go to all the old Kanto GYMS again after the Frontier, but what the heck are the chances of that?

I enjoy speculation, as long as it's realistic. If speculation isn't realistic, then I might as well say that I'm "confident" that May and Misty will deep throat each other in the next new episode. Just because he's Archaic, doesn't mean that I agree with him being "confident". (and I'd still like to know the reasoning behind that)

Last edited:
Well, I certainly want to see the solid proof of Haruka's VA being credited in ALL the upcoming episodes. Is there a link where I can see that?

Or do I have to wait for the actual episodes to air and see who stays and who doesn't?

We know that Haruka is in movie 8. So therefore, she will be around for at least a few more episodes.

We also know that this website only mentions Iizuka Mayumi appearing in AG132 - 134.

Scott85 said:
Uh...Archaic...for someone of your "status", don't you think you're being unrealistic.

We know May is coming back (she's in the very next episode!), as well as Brock. The next "filler" season is the BF, so how can you say that Misty and Max will be with Ash instead of May, Max, and Brock?

I don't know how someone like you can set such unrealistic expectations. Maybe it's just the Misty hope getting to you.

I'm confused as well as to why you're so "confident" about it, especially with the all too obvious facts of the AG cast staying the way it is.

Like I said, the too quick reunion with Masato and Kasumi, with the absence of Takeshi, Haruka and Kenji (Who could all have easily been included for the meeting at Satoshi's house without changing the upcoming storylines significantly), seem to me to point towards these two characters being the other mains for the next arc.

As far as Kasumi's VA goes....we know that she's recorded 3 episodes. We do Not as yet know that she hasn't recorded any more. It would not be wise to base any speculation off that. Better to stick to actual plot threads in the anime.

Remember, we know how that
the next arc is at the Frontier, and that it's in Kanto
, both facts which work against the co-ordinator plot thread of Haruka. Takeshi has said that he was feeling like battling again, so that doesn't rule him out, but his leaving the group at this point, even if appearing in another episode soon, doesn't seem to help him. Then again, he did the same thing at the end of Johto, so who knows? I wouldn't rule out a group of 4 just yet.

I have to admit, I really don't think the cast list for the Frontier will change. The only character I can see leaving before the BF is Brock, because he lives in Kanto, but May? Where else is she supposed to go? And why would she want to leave? I'd have thought she'd be thrilled at the idea of the BF, and the opportunity to travel around Kanto.

The only other change to the line-up that wouldn't completely come out of left field and astonish me would be Misty tagging along. But that's still pretty unlikely, IMO. It seems like too much of a neat coincidence that her VA has recorded exactly three episodes and the last of those episodes is set in Mount Moon, which comes just before Cerulean City. Although if she did come back, I would laugh so hard. And then run over to Serebii and gloat gloat gloat. :D

As far as Kasumi's VA goes....we know that she's recorded 3 episodes. We do Not as yet know that she hasn't recorded any more.
Have the VA cast lists for any episodes after Mt. Moon been posted?

I enjoy speculation, as long as it's realistic. If speculation isn't realistic, then I might as well say that I'm "confident" that May and Misty will deep throat each other in the next new episode.
o_O I think my brain just broke trying to figure out how that would be physically possible...

Jo-Jo said:
Have the VA cast lists for any episodes after Mt. Moon been posted?
I think Kasumi's VA revealed it on her website. But she just mentioned the titles that had been revealed at the time, so there is a possibility that she will be in the Battle Factory episodes. But there is definately a good chance that she will return to Cerulean City at the end of the Mt. Moon episode.

Here's a few things I think it'd be cool to see.

1. Have Ash, Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, and Max (and TR) all go to the Battle Frontier. It could happen if BF's not too long and they go back to Pallet or wherever later so some could leave while the rest go to the next league. Misty could use it as an opprotunity to see if she's become a stronger Water Pokemon Trainer while being the Cerulean Gym Leader. People have been saying Brock's been inspired or whatever to battle more. And if May likes battling more than she used to (from the few Hoenn episodes I've seen she doesn't seem to like it much) then she could try it as well. It'd just be interesting to see how all six would interact together.

2. Just Ash, Misty, Brock, and May (and TR) go to try the BF while Tracey and Max stay at Professor Oak's. Tracey's already his assistant and IIRC from the few Hoenn episodes I've seen Max seems to idolize Oak a little so he could use this time to learn from or help him with stuff or whatever and then join the group again once they get back (which could be in time for the movie).

3. Have Todd as one of the people to travel with Ash when he travels through the D/P region. He won't be advertising anything anymore (unless they make another Snap game) but he could be in the region already saying he's taking pics of the new Pokemon so he could have info on some of the Pokemon since he'd have been there a while so Ash won't use the Pokedex too much. Plus people couldn't say he's doing nothing to reach his dream cause he's already doing what he wanted. It'd just be interesting to have Ash travel with someone he hasn't travelled through a whole region with and Todd can travel wherever he wants so Ash could meet him there. And maybe Ash or someone could convince him to catch a Pokemon cause I want him to have one.

I realize these have a very slim chance of happening but I thought I'd post them anyways.

Archaic said:
Remember, we know how that
the next arc is at the Frontier, and that it's in Kanto
, both facts which work against the co-ordinator plot thread of Haruka.

Hm, how does May being a coordinator stop her from traveling with Ash? If anything Ash is still her mentor and her most trusted companion. You do remember that Ash basically took May under his wing correct?

I kind of agree with Scott85 on this, why would they bring May back in the Oaks Reunion episode just for her to leave again? You're saying she came all the way from Hoenn just to see Ash at his house, and then she's going to leave AGAIN and go back to Hoenn?

I think you're forgetting that May is a co-star of AG, and not a supporting character like Misty, Brock, Max, and Tracey.

They're not going to drop their co-star out of their show as easily as their supporting characters. I don't see May leaving the show even for a little while, as the BF is still part of AG and May is still the beginning trainer who is learning from Ash.

She may be written out for the D/P saga, but I don't see her leaving before then.

Unregistered said:
I think you're forgetting that May is a co-star of AG, and not a supporting character like Misty, Brock, Max, and Tracey.

You may be right about Haruka being the co-star of AG, but AG is about to finish. The Hoenn league is over and so are the contests, which are Haruka's main interest. If there are no contests in Kanto and the Battle Frontier is there, that could mean Haruka is not going to be part of the main cast during BF.

Kasumi-san said:
You may be right about Haruka being the co-star of AG, but AG is about to finish. The Hoenn league is over and so are the contests, which are Haruka's main interest. If there are no contests in Kanto and the Battle Frontier is there, that could mean Haruka is not going to be part of the main cast during BF.

Well actually I think AG is set to continue, even through the D/P region, in the same way the original Pokémon series was 276 episodes and now Pokémon Advanced is set to hit around the same, or so I presume.

Ben's Suggestions

Here is my idea for the team for the next 20+ episodes (Battle Frontier and/or Unfinished Business in Kanto).

Ash
Duh.

Probable team: Pikachu; Grovyle or Bayleef; Cyndaquil or Charizard; Corphish; Phanpy; Noctowl

I'm not above hoping that Ash will have Charizard back for the BF. I love the big lizard, I really do. :)

May
This hurts but, even as an unreconstructed PokéShipper, I can't figure out any way that the scriptwriters would be able to justify the long-term inclusion of Misty. This is especially due to her statements in PC about the Gym being where she belongs. She might join for a few episodes (the journey to the BF) but no further.

May, on the other hand, has the advantage to the scriptwriters of making Ash look superior by comparison. As the less-experienced Trainer (or Co-ordinator, if you are a purist), she is able to give the slack-jawed look of astonishment and amazement at meeting the species du jour without the viewer throwing a plushie at the screen and shouting "You saw that species only ten episodes ago! STOP LOOKING SHOCKED!!!"

Probable team: Combustiken; Beautifly; Skitty; Bulbasaur; Munchlax; 1 extra capture, probably a GSC species (maybe Sentret).

Max
I mentioned this elsewhere but I seem to recall that in Emerald-version BF you get to train an apprentice. Max is ideal for this, being just old enough to barely squeeze past the licensing age limit for the first time. Max is even more slack-jawed and inexperienced than May and, as big sister is more into Contests than Battling, who better than Ash to teach him the metaphorical ropes? Max may become the 'Wally' of the animé.

Probable team: Squirtle; 1 capture, probably a basic FR/LG species like Spearow or Rattata

Tracey
As someone pointed out, it is a mini-season, Brock is missing, so Tracey gets his seat back. He will also be useful in the "Two-legged Pokédex" role that Brock usually plays.

In the unlikely event that Misty does stay with the team in place of May (who is going home to Petalburg City to train up for next year's contests), the Poké/OrangeShipping triangle debates will probably take up a full 1/3 of the Internet's global bandwidth :p

Probable team: Marril; Venonat; Scyther

Last edited:
Sharpshooter said:
Well actually I think AG is set to continue, even through the D/P region, in the same way the original Pokémon series was 276 episodes and now Pokémon Advanced is set to hit around the same, or so I presume.

AG will likely finish after the Battle Frontier, especially seeing as the next game will not be appearing on the gameboy advanced. Even though I have no solid evidence to back this up, it seems the most likely course of action.

Sabonea said:
AG will likely finish after the Battle Frontier, especially seeing as the next game will not be appearing on the gameboy advanced. Even though I have no solid evidence to back this up, it seems the most likely course of action.

Who said AG was going to end?

If AG does end, then you're saying we're going have a third Pokemon series with the episode number starting back at #1 again?

As Sharpshooter said, the original Pokemon series included Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto.

AG looks to include Hoenn, Battle Frontier, and possibly the D/P region. With how successful the AG revamp was, why would the writers end AG to start up a third Pokemon series and back at episode #1 again?

If anything, I don't see a third series starting until AFTER the D/P saga.

Well, Advance Generation was named after Gamboy Advance, but D/P is going to be on the DS systems.

Kasumi-san said:
True. AG is going to be over once the release of Diamond and Pearl happens.

And you know that how?

They may very well keep the name "AG" even after the games come out for the DS.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom