• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Save File CORRUPTED! D:

I remember that last year I accidently spilled hot chocolate all over ALL of my DS games. HOT. FRIGGAN. CHOCOLATE. Thank Arceus, they dried out and still worked! I was SO scared of losing my Diamond save file!

NOw I'm scared for my SS. I have Jirachi on that thing!

Best one.
I ripped out my emerald while it saved once, and all the data was still intact.

I got a used Emerald off Amazon since I had never payed Gen III, and it was working fine and I got 1 badge and everything, had saved it and turned it off a few times. But then one time I turned it said my save fie was corrupted, and it sees to say that every time I try to play now. Sometimes it' let me save and shut off once or twice before it corrupts, but it still does and now I can't pay through the game. I don't have the time to pay it all in one sitting when I have work.

That is what my original silver is like but my gold works fine
I corrupted my gold once while clone ing ¥__¥ I was so sad
But I cloned again and have a team of 4 lv.58 typhlosions a lv.6 pidgey and a lv.40 red garydos

Wait, what?
If a save file is corrupted, the games will load the previous save. Usually, save file corruption should only occur on the current file, so...
If the current file somehow gets corrupted, the game will load the previous save file.
This existed since Gen III. There were no backup saves before Gen III, so when the save file gets corrupted in the older games, it's all gone.

Speaking of save file corruption, sometimes using an AR can cause save failures and corruption, though it's rare as long as you use only "safe" codes.

My Emerald game: Save once, corrupt, save once, corrupt.

Now I know to never buy from Amazon Marketplace. :dumb:

My Emerald game: Save once, corrupt, save once, corrupt.

Now I know to never buy from Amazon Marketplace. :dumb:

As I already stated above, my Emerald is exactly the same, and I too bought it off Amazon. My FireRed and every other game I bought off Amazon work fine though. (and I do a lot of game shopping on Amazon)

about 3 week ago was training a rampardos to lvl 100 for lvl 81 saved when i got there but you know what happened my file corrupted and had to do it all over agein

well, when i had just beaten everything on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, (Lucky Egg mission, Mt. Battle 1-100 battles and everything!), my GameCard (memory card) had a file corruption and had to wipe the whole card clean. then i played the game again, beat it. corrupt again. beat it. isn't touching the game again in case it wants to mind fuck me again D:<

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom