• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Saviors (A short story) [Pokemon not present]

Reaction score
A Short Story (Also posted in my blog):

The fire had been burning for several hours by the time the fire fighters had arrived. This was a frequently fire-prone area of the city due to lack of regulations and the high usage of heat-dependent drugs. Thus, it was impressive that the fire department had arrived. The fact that it was the 31st of December was the only thing that motivated the department to show up. (The overtime pay was excellent)

There was a lone figure standing on one of the windows, outlined by a harsh orange glow. The firemen quickly pulled out a safety net that was more likely to kill the person intended to be saved than not, but it was the only alternative to nothing. The flames grew higher, the figure leapt.

200 meters...

SPLAT

The fire crew packed up the net, slightly annoyed by the mess that now encrusted their boots. But it wasn't that bad, as they would still get paid.

"Well, fellows, seeing as that was the only known remaining individual in the building, that puts our number of fatalities during responded emergencies at 567 for this year. A new record for this district. Drinks on me when we get back." Seeing as the Administrator was normally quite stingy with the personal use of her money, the crew was quite happy on top of the overtime pay.

"Just be sure to wipe off your boots before you go inside".

Easier to break from my usual style here. So this one seemed to be more of a goofy little skit than an actual story. I mean the whole thing fits on one page! Still, it was interesting for what it was. Firefighters not being able to get people trapped on higher floors of buildings is in fact a real thing, and given how things work, the net wouldn't have helped much even if they didn't go kasplat. In that sense, my literary analysis of this piece is that it is an interesting little piece on the futility of life and why sometimes you should only try enough to make it seem like you're trying. Despite being shallow in terms of content, it is very deep in that regard. Good work.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom