• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Say goodbye to Yugioh and 4kids -- 4kids being sued for millions, all deals cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sets afaik. Singles with 4-6 episodes on them. And Pokemon seems to be one of the few shows releasing nowadays on singles, way stripped down singles releases no less.

Back on topic I kinda question if 4Kids pulled the same thing on Pokemon and that's why, with the formation of Pokemon USA, Inc, Al Kahn was so quick to unload the license.

It really sort of puts Kahn buying Madoff's old condo in a hilarious new light.
Isn't this a boxset? http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Diamo...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1292583057&sr=1-1

He bought a condo? :sweat:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When i first saw this, I thought it had to do with being behind in dubbing (packs are up to about the end of 5Ds, while the anime dub still has over 50 episodes left).

No offense at all but, how could you look at this and think it has anything to do with just being behind dubbing?

Does this mean if theres more YuGiOh at another station that the voices will be changed....? D:

Of course; I mean, it'd most likely be a full redub if another company happens to get it.

Does this mean if theres more YuGiOh at another station that the voices will be changed....? D:
Due to 4Kids' strict contracts, if another company dubs Yu-Gi-Oh!, the voices will most likely have to change.

PokeBeach recently updated with news on this, and connected it to Pokémon's situation - it seems like 4Kids love abusing the Japanese licensors.

lucky that Pokemon Stoped Being Made By 4Kids

Honestly, I hope Funi gets the license. They managed to salvage One Piece and Dragon Ball, animes that had also been overly-sanitized by dubbers - One Piece, in fact, by 4k!ds themselves.

And ironically, everyone complained about it.

On the internet, everyone will complain about everything, so it's not really worth noting :p

Jabberwocky said:
Honestly, I hope Funi gets the license.

Dunno, Funi's involvement, intentional or not (there's conflicting reports about whether Funi was knowingly involved or was duped by 4Kids as well), might cause the license owners to shy away from them.

Viz will probably take this up, I assume the creator is on good terms with them. And like Nekusagi mentioned, this *SHOULD* be immune to Viz's "lol what 2nd half!?!?!" syndrome that effects their lesser known titles.

And ironically, everyone complained about it.

People complained about (redacted). No one cared who had the license, just that (redacted) weren't allowed to continue work on the show.

Unfortunately 4Kids has incredibly strict contracts.

What other companies does NAS work with? I know they have worked with Sentai before. Perhaps this could be Sentai's first big thing since they disbanded from ADR.

Ya see, we hated 4Kids. But now they're bust... Wow, just wow. No more Yugioh by 4Kids? Possibly something like Abridged Series? Yes!! Who currently dubs Pkmn by the way?

Ya see, we hated 4Kids. But now they're bust... Wow, just wow. No more Yugioh by 4Kids? Possibly something like Abridged Series? Yes!! Who currently dubs Pkmn by the way?

The American Division of Pokemon Company took care of the dubs.

Holy cow. And I thought they just weren't very good at dubbing...

http://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2011/0...to-yugioh-sued-for-4-million-by-tv-tokyo-nas/

ADK was not the only company who audited 4Kids in 2010. During the first quarter, The Pokemon Company International (TPC) also investigated 4Kids’ books dating from mid-2001 to 2008. TPC then informed 4Kids that it had found “deficiencies” adding up to nearly $4,700. 4Kids disputed the alleged deficiencies and began its own audit of TPC in June 2010. No further information regarding either of the two audits was available during 4Kids’ most recent quarterly report.

If all this is true, Pokemon Company seemed to have issues with them too.

(also is this Bulbabot eligible now?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom