• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Say something Nice about the Character Above

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Hey guys let's play a fun little game regarding the Anime characters and their Pokémon

Here's how it goes.

Someone has to name a Character (or their Pokémon) that was in the Anime, Manga, or Movies and the next comment has to say at least one thing they liked about them.

I'll start us off with an easy one:

Ash

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
ASHHH... i may not have much experience with pokeani but he's cool and pog.. gotta say the kid's been through so much but he's dealin with it pretty well huh. anyway yeah adhd icon i think :)

for the character i'm naming, i'll go with lillie (referring to the animeverse version of her) because of course i'm picking her

edit: dear god why did bulbapedia turn my text smiley face into an emoji smiley face

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
edit: dear god why did bulbapedia turn my text smiley face into an emoji smiley face
I REALLY wish that they could turn this off, I dislike the smilies a lot...

As for Wallace, I think his style is pretty neat. I'm glad he has the confidence to look how he wants to! I could never do that, at least, not yet...lol...

Hm--I'll say Marnie

Orchid

~♡~
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Cilan is one of the best parts of BW, he's freakin' hilarious while still being genuinely cool at times.

Misty
(also, this is an awesome thread but shouldn't it be in Fun & Games?? I know it's specifically about Pokeani but I think it'd be at home there too. =P)

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
One of the Best Girls in series! Her personality and banter with Ash was a thrill! Everytime she showed up you just knew Ashley was about to have his ego deflated. I miss her!

(also, this is an awesome thread but shouldn't it be in Fun & Games?? I know it's specifically about Pokeani but I think it'd be at home there too. =P)
(I mean I wasn't so sure since this is still Anime related? If it's not allowed here, then perhaps a Mod could alert me and move it over to the Fun & Games section? Idk tho)

But Anyways..... Goh's Grookey :sneaky:

EternalPokéFanGirl

I'm sorry...
Reaction score
Her performances in Pokémon Contests were very beautiful, I especially like her Appeal round in the Grand Festival and the time she combined Bubble Beam with Sweet Kiss, it was magical :giggle:.
Sweet_Kiss-Bubble_Beam_combination.png

Faba

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I mean, the very concept of an evil Togepi is certainly unique: you'd expect a villainous Pokemon to be something with more negative connotations or at the very least has a sinister appearance. But nope! Instead we get a cutesy little baby whose species is supposed to bring happiness and joy.

The Mewtwo from the Genesect movie.

Jewel the Quaxly

Duckies! :3
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I actually really liked her a lot as a character. Her introduction in the beginning made her seem free-spirited and showed her loving side toward pokemon. She also feels like the type of character you'd see to try so hard to be really serious and tough, when really they're just quirky and socially awkward, which is one of my favorite tropes in media.

Delia Ketchum

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
Really great mother. Wished she appeared more often

James' Morpeko :sneaky:

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Has been such a noncharacter since its capture that I'm actually yearning for it to appear again. Also, it was genuinely well-utilized in the eating contest episode.

Ash's Unfezant

Rainbow-Rain

Reaction score
I actually kinda liked her. She wasn't really handled great but let's be honest were any of the Unovan Team handled well?? Besides maybe Krookodile?
I also think it was cool to see Ash with a Female variant of a Pokémon

Goh's Cinderace