• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest Pokemon

Guzma

Actually Your Boy Guzma
Reaction score
So, yeah. What do you think is the scariest Pokemon? It could be looks, abilities... Anything.

For me, it's Darkrai. This guy can kill you in your sleep through nightmares. He killed a little girl in BW2, and let's not even get into his Mystery Dungeon incarnation, where he tortures kids for laughs and tries to trick a child into committing suicide. Even though main game Darkrai isn't evil like PMD Darkrai, he's still the scariest Pokemon because he can't control his powers. He's like something out of a Lovecraft story - his mere existence is enough to kill some unlucky people.

Mr. Mime - I am terrified of clowns/mimes, so this Pokemon is no. 1 on my scary list.
Darkrai - He causes nightmares, and I don't like nightmares. (But he is pretty cool looking though)
Giratina - I actually like this Pokemon, but in a way it just kind of creeps me out.
Ditto - Another Pokemon I actually like as well, but the thought of it turning into anything is cool but kind of scary as well.
Galvantula - I like Spinarak, Ariados, and Joltik; but I hate spiders, maybe I like those three because they look cute/cool, but Galvantula doesn't do it for me, it doesn't have those qualities that I see in the other three to me. It looks more scary, plus it's name kind of sounds intimidating as well.

Elgyem and Beheeyem always creeped me out. They both look so alien and not at all like something you could communicate with, plus the Dex flavor about them squeezing opponents' brains and tampering with memories just evokes thoughts of alien abduction and such.

For me, it's probably Marowak, because I have vivid memories of the Pokemon Tower ghost creeping the hell out of me when I was a little kid. Wouldn't it say like, "Get... out... !!" if you tried attacking it or something? I was completely intimidated and bewildered by that ghost when I was a kid.

Scolipede is kind of weird for me - I love it and I think it's actually rather adorable in-game (not to mention how good Speed Boost Scolipede is), but I have a fear of centipedes, so it would scare the crap out of me IRL.

Beedrill's another Pokemon that'd horrify me if it was real would be Beedrill. I have a terrible case of apiphobia.

Ech, I'd hate an irl Beedrill. It really looks more like a wasp or hornet than a bee and I hate wasps.

As adorable as the Litwick line is, their Dex descriptions are pretty creepy too. "While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it."

If it's Dex entries we're talking about, then Beautifly takes the cake.
Don't believe me?
"It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids." Straight from the Y Dex.
Since I have the worst fear of needles known to man, this would be HORRIFYING if it were real.

If it's Dex entries we're talking about, then Beautifly takes the cake.
Don't believe me?
"It has an aggressive nature. It stabs prey with its long, narrow mouth to drain the prey's fluids." Straight from the Y Dex.
Since I have the worst fear of needles known to man, this would be HORRIFYING if it were real.

That reminds me of the Pokedex entry for Gorebyss: "Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey’s body and drains the prey of its body fluids."

Not to mention Cofagrigus is supposed to attack looters and presumably do something very unpleasant to them. Maybe pulling them inside with those arms...

When I was a kid I got a book featuring all Ghost, Dark, and Steel types at the time (Hoenn had been released at the time of publication). I remember being utter terrified by Cacturn. How it would wait until people fell asleep from exhaustion before F*CKING KILLING THEM. I couldn't leave my room at night for a month, even after that I was constantly terrified a Cacturn was waiting for me to sleep to kill me.

Nowadays, they won't keep me awake at night, but things like Gourgeist, singing joyfully at your dying screams as it kills you, Lampent and Shedinja, the soul stealers, and the kidnapping balloons, Drifloon. Cacturne is still pretty creepy though.

Easily hands down the scariest Pokemon is Malamar; they really upped the creep factor when they made this Pokemon and I really dislike this Pokemon and if I ever got a Inkay I will never evolve it ever!; Inkay is too cute to evolve anyway :D. (*Shudders*)

Everything about Jynx screams "I'm watching you in your nightmares." With a combination of those grabby hands and lips, her awful, AWFUL cry, and that super humanoid appearance, it scares me to bits.

Mr. Mime doesn't really scare me and I find him stupidly funny at times, but the way they have him all puppet-like in X and Y with those jerky movements is unsettling. I wish they never went with that lifeless doll motif for him.

Everything about Jynx screams "I'm watching you in your nightmares." With a combination of those grabby hands and lips, her awful, AWFUL cry, and that super humanoid appearance, it scares me to bits.

Mr. Mime doesn't really scare me and I find him stupidly funny at times, but the way they have him all puppet-like in X and Y with those jerky movements is unsettling. I wish they never went with that lifeless doll motif for him.
It's like the opposite for me, I always found Jynx funny and Mr. Mime creepy. I think it's that blank smile he always has, just staring at you and grinning. The animations in XY didn't help.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom