• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest Pokémon?

Snorunt's evolutions are pretty creepy, now that I think about it. One's a yuki-onna, and the other's a disembodied Frieza head. Two terrifying ways to die.

When I was a kid, I was terrified of Gengar. Now I'm creeped out by ol' Missingno., if he counts

sometimes i have nightmares of gastly chasing me, so id say that.

and ever since i saw that realistic lickitung that too :|

Marowak always scared me... Don't know why. Maybe because the ghost in the Tower (can't remember the name) in Red/Blue.

Hypno's FireRed Pokedex entry scares me to death.
It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.
Drowzee, fine. Hypno, not so much.

It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.

Step 1: Return to my earlier post with Hypno's Lullaby in it.
Step 2: Lose Sleep.

I saw everyone talking about Hypno's Lullaby and I googled it.

Now I can't get the Lavender Town song out of my head T_T

Darkrai. That thing will eat your dreams. Ooh.

Admittedly Hypno can do the same but it just looks like a large hairy guy.

Missingno scares me despite the fact that it's a mess of pixels. The first time I saw it I was pretty confused and freaked out.

Mr Mime stares into your soul.:uhoh:
Most disturbing pokemon by far.

The funny thing is it almost kinda happened in the same game with that girl in the berry forest. Parasect reminds me of the cordyceps fungus that causes a zombie apocalypse for bugs. It's a tad unnerving to know something fictional aimed for kids is based of something so nightmare fuely in real life.

Drifloon scares me a little since it carries little kids away 0_o But Hypno takes the cake for scariest of them all.

Misdreavus, only because it's supposed to be a woman's head... and that it's a ghost.

Before Gen V rolled around, I would've said Spiritomb.

Basically:

Gen I- Haunter or Gengar. They lick you and then you fall into a coma and die.
Gen II- Misdreavus. Like said above, ghostly woman's head.
Gen III- Duskull and Dusclops. Look in their backs and they suck out your soul.
Gen IV- Spiritomb. It's made of 108 souls. And don't get me started on the Fridge Horror going along with breeding them.
Gen V- Definitely trumping all the others is Chandelure's line. They pretend to be friendly, and appear when you're sick, but they're slowly sucking out your soul.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom