• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest video game boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini-chan

"Equality"
Reaction score
So, what's the scariest video game boss? I say giygas. He's an eyeball at first, then turns into a bunch of screaming faces in the shape of fetus'!:eek::eek::scared::scared::scared:

The Vault Boss from Borderlands is pretty creepy. Crawmerax isn't too pretty either.

The U3 (Resident Evil 4), Dead Hand (LOZ:OOT), Beelzebub (Castlevania Symphony of the Night), Granfaloon/Legion (Various Castlevania games), Giygas (Earthbound), The Sorrow (MGS 3)

Although not a boss at the first time he's met, the Kusabi in (PAL:) Project Zero / (NTSC:) Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly is extraordinarily creepy. :p I didn't play it myself but my friend did.

E: Remembered the foe wrong. Swapped the correct one in.

Last edited:
Giygas:
Warning!
picture.php

...shoulda been for E+10...

I nearly freaked out when I first got to Zero-Two in Kirby 64. It scared me even more when I found out he bleeds when you shoot him in the eye.

All the bosses in monster hunter freedom.

The SA-X in Metroid Fusion. Scared the hell out of me every time it showed up.

Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3. Dynamic Entrance + Bloodcurdling shriek + Creepy boss music = One messy pair of underwear.

lets see... U3 from re4, giygas from earthbound (duh (earthbound needs to come out on the wii shop)), marx's soul from kirby superstar ultra (an even more f----- up version of marx... who would have thought), bongo bongo from LoZ:OoT, the sorrow from MGS3 (although it wasn't really a boss fight) and psycho mantis from MGS1

Last edited:
I freaked out when I saw Andross in Starfox 64 while my cousin was playing it. And I still get chills when I see him as a trophy in Melee/Brawl.

Giygas. By a mile. The music doesn't help there either. Tubba Blubba's Heart still always gets me too. Fighting a heart... that's just wrong. Not really bosses, but the zombies in Loz:OoT are nightmare fuel.

I have a tie, although one of them was just because of a coincidence...

In Starfox 64, Andross. It was freaky enough in his monkey head form, but since I got there from Bolse, he just...exploded into a robot head...Brr.

And believe it or not, a Pokemon game did this to me. It was my first Ruby playthrough. After spending a month trying to get to Sootopolis, I enter the Cave of Origin with six Poke's, four of them fainted. Only ones left were Linoone and Blaziken. I beat Maxie with Blaziken, but he's left with ~30% HP. Then...that..thing called Groudon comes. I had just watched Jirachi Wishmaker, I knew how scary Groudon could be, but it didn't prepare me. Groudon just yelled horribly and curbstomped both my Pokemon. Absolutely terrifying when you're ten.

EDIT:Although the rest of the game didn't scare me, Titan Joker in Arkham Asylum.

Last edited:
The Behemoth in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin creeped me out when it first appeared. It shows up out of nowhere to start chasing you down a hallway, dragging the rotted remains of its back half behind it. It didn't help that I was playing Richter Mode at the time and already had no idea what was going on.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone makes a thread like this and someone mention Giygas....

Anima from Final Fantasy X. That thing was just messed up, and it got even more messed up after finding out that it's Fayth was Seymour's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom