• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest video game boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it counts, the various fights against Scarecrow in Batman: AA.

Festergut and Rotface, Icecrown Citadel in WoW. Different bosses, but they're the same kind of...creature, if you can call them that. This is promo art of them...yeah they look exactly like this.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080912202760/wowwiki/images/b/b3/Beast1kmaws.jpg

Professor Putricide right after them. He himself wouldn't be all that freaky, but they managed to make him sound like a perfectly insane scientist with his line of

"You can't come in here all dirty like that! You need that nasty flesh scrubbed off first!"

Yogg-Saron, from Ulduar. He is derived of CThulu mythos, but his insane cackling laugh, and indeed the entire setup to the fight, is nothing short of freaky.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090611114737/wowwiki/images/3/38/Yogg-Saron_Blizzard_com.jpg

Dokukoiya The Wealthy, Skies of Arcadia Legends. (Not sure what his name is, but that's close.) Yeah, nothing freakier than a little man in an annoying voice scream about money as his Caith Sith tank spits coins at you.

Oliver, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Just plain...creepy.

Bowser in Super Mario World 2 and Mario 64 used to scare the bejeesus out of me when I watched my brothers play (I blame the music and that he wasn't as much of a joke character back then)
Nowadays I'd have to say Scarlet from Silent Hill: Homecoming (Only game in the SH series I've played beside Shatter Memories, so I can't comment on any monsters in the previous games) and the Garradors from RE4 (More of a sub-boss, but whatever.) This might change as I get farther in Batman: AA though.

Oliver, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Just plain...creepy.
He might have been a creepy old man, but he had some kickass theme music

Phantom Ganon. When I first saw that guy at 7 I nearly pissed myself

It's really hard to be intimidated by the side you're rooting for. Still...

King Boom Boo. Not because of how he was handled in-game, but because of Sonic X. I didn't sleep for a week after seeing that episode.

Tubba Blubba's heart in Paper Mario. I was scared to death when I had to battle him! A heart that shot stuff at you.

Also, King Boom Boo.... like the user above said, Sonic X made him scary.

meta ridley from super smash. freaked me out when it popped up, like i swear i just killed it

Dead Space the boss that NEVER DIES just . . . . Keeps . . . . regenerating . . . ."crys in the corner"

Masterhand from the Smash Bros series. Sure, I am able to beat him in Claasic Mode in Super Smash Bros Brawl (And I actually DO hasve the game) with Peach (The characterI usually play as), but the Masterhand still sares me. Seriously. A giant, floating glove-covered hand? And his evil laugh....he doesn't even have a mouth!!!!!!! :scared:

In brawl when you verse Giga Bowser...... <:(

those eyes.....

Probably the final boss in Metroid (Fusion I think) where you almost die and then the metroid you saved saves you.

I know whatcha mean. Espeically how he took over Princess Peach

That would be actually 'she'. You're talking about that last boss, right? Shadow Queen, was it...

I haven't played it, but when I first saw the video clip of Super Mario Sunshine's bosses, that giant eel (in the water) scared me a bit. I suppose if I played the game I would have been more scared.
About the eel: the boss that needs its teeth cleaned.

Speaking of Mario games, the Princess Shroob (THE OLDER AND BIGGER ONE!) The way her arms wiggle as the platform moves to the battle scene is weird and freaky (can't think of any other word). Her face is just as terrifying! I wonder how the minion Shroobs put up with such a monster.

Probably the recurring scenes with Mr. X from Resident Evil 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom