• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest video game boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well back when I was little it use to be the Shadow Queen from TTYD but now its Ganon from Zelda...(srry my parents don't let me buy M+ games)

Not Giygas. What do I win?

Anyway, I haven't seen too many... But I think the 3-form Majora's Mask endboss counts. There's this, too... but whatever.

...if they remake Majora's Mask for the 3DS, then maybe Majora's Wrath can take the title. (better, scarier graphics! DX)

I also find the ghost thing in the bottom of the Kakariko well from Ocarina of Time to be very shocking! O_O

O2 from Kirby 64 is WAY scarier than Giygas, come on man he's a bleeding eye!
Infact, I don't even think Giygas is the scariest thing in the Mother/ EarthBound series! That Happy Happiest Club (parody of the KKK) is WAY freakier...
And SushiGallade is right too.
Giygas isn't scary, because he is ''h..a..p..p..y''.

I remember once, when I was 7, playing OoT, I had heard a zombie's scream and pissed my pants....
and Giygas. He's....disturbing.
"It feels good....."
"Ness...Ness...Ness....Ness...."

I also thought Anima was pretty messed up. Those Pain and Oblivion attacks were damn scary, and the way it screams when you summon it... makes my blood curdle. Plus, one I'd seen it use Pain and Oblivion, I scanned it and saw it had 18,000 HP. I just thought "oh, great. Ten more minutes of crapping my trousers..."

Also, my heart jolted a bit when I first saw Scarmiglione's true form in Final Fantasy IV. And when it tells you that it will "smite your ruin upon the mountainside" or something... that's pretty frightening to me.

Moving away from Final Fantasy games... Killer Croc in Batman Arkham Asylum. STOP JUMPING OUT AT MEEEEEE.

It can't be said enough: Giygas. Just... Giygas. ._.

I'll never touch Earthbound again, I think.

- Bowser in Super Mario Bros.
- Wart in Super Mario Bros. 2

U3 from Resident Evil 4:

1258175807401_f.jpg

Although not the scariest by far, the Horror, Skull, and Swamp keepers from Sin and Punishment 2.

I don't see how people find Giygas scary unless it's because it haunted them as a child or they've never played a Rated M horror game. I still wouldn't call it the "scariest".

Easily anything from Silent Hill is.

Last edited:
Surprised that anyone who mentioned Final Fantasy X forgot about Yunalesca's third form. MEDUSA HEAD THAT INFLICTS MEGA DEATH ON YOU. Orz...

Frank Fontaine in Bioshock.
Here he is:
Fontaine_First_Form.png
WARNING! THE IMAGE IS HUGE!!!

I really have to say Giygas. It just looks disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom