• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scariest Video Game Enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want about creepy things in Zelda, but Majora is the most dreadful thing of the series. Not because its looks (albeit it looks creepy), but because of its speech, its background, how it plays with you... it's a demented child that thrives in your personal pain.

But yeah, the worst is the deleted Mother 3 final boss. Specially the "Vapor 2" phase. And because it was deleted, you can only imagine what is it even supposed to be or mean, adding to the nightmare fuel.

The scariest video game enemy I have ever seen is probably Giygas from EarthBound, I mean really, just looking at a picture of him is not enough to crap your pants.

Ragna the Bloodedge on floor 666 of Abyss mode in BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 for 3DS.

Once while I was playing TF2, I was walking through a hallway and was preparing to make a turn when this Engineer showed up from fukken nowhere man. He then beat me to death with his Southern Hospitality(Which makes anything you hit with it bleed.) Long story short, this demon Engineer not only made me pee myself a little, but he managed to take me down from full health in a shorter amount of time than anyone else(Save for Snipers and Spies, as well as critical hits.), and I avoided that mofo for the rest of the match.

FO01_NPC_Master_B.png

/thread

Those mutated chimps from Far Cry. I once got down some tower and looked down and the damn thing was there just looking at me. I hope I will never have a gun when someone scares me because my instinctive reaction was emtying the whole ammo pack into it. And if anyone played Mirror's Edge,remember Ropeburn? The big guy that tosses you,then jumps down a floor and tries to kill you with a lead pipe? I just froze first time and had to restart.

The new Enderman that was recently revealed for Minecraft seems really creepy. They kinda remind me of weeping angels from Doctor Who.

ReDead.

I was playing Ocarina of Time 3D late at night (gone midnight), and I was walking around....then the scream.

At night, it pierces the normally soundless sky, and is truly terrifying. Then, Link freezes as it approaches, grasps him and does *something* to him.

FO01_NPC_Master_B.png

/thread
Excuse me while I puke.

Glad someone brought it up cause I couldn't remember any enemy that had ever scared me at first. The Flood. Nothing more to say.

The new Enderman that was recently revealed for Minecraft seems really creepy. They kinda remind me of weeping angels from Doctor Who.

Oh god those things are creepy. Part Slenderman, part Weeping Angel. All Nightmare Fuel and a new reason for me to play on Peaceful.

On the topic of Minecraft, the Zombies and Skeletons. The moans...the vacant stares.

From other games, there are the headcrab zombies from HL, especially the fast zombies from HL2....the screech....then there's the Flood from Halo. Finally Husks from Mass Effect, especially the Praetorian from ME2. Thankfully you only ever fight it twice.

The ZombieBots from Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, they're creepy and can take a beating before dying!

Giygas/Giegue does not look scary. Nor does Endermen. (But I wouldn't fight em.) But....
I think... That one from the first post of page 4. THAT CREEPED ME OUT.

Bowser Robot from Luigi's Mansion.
BossKingBoo.jpg

When I was young, I thought that King Boo literally killed Bowser and was using his empty shell.

That and Giygas

Very few things have creeped me out. I saw ReDeads, Gibdos, and Wallmasters as just more monsters to kill, mostly because I had seen and killed zombies in many, many games before that one. Wallmasters and floormasters were just retooled from the 2D games and they were easy to deal with, so I saw no scariness in dealing with them. The only thing that freaked me out in a Zelda game was this:

Deku_Toad.png

In WoW, the freakiest things were, well anything connected to the Old Gods (Maw of Madness and the deeper reaches of Ahn'Quiraj especially). The Faceless Ones and their insane babbling is another notable example (they do not live. They do not die. They are outside the cycle.) Among the freakiest of WoW's freaky, however, are Rotface and Festergut. In a dungeon full of non sparkle vampires, mad scientists, giant bone wraiths, an undead dragon queen, and a god of death, Rotface and Festergut are the real nightmare inducers in Icecrown Citadel.

Redeads. Even watch chuggaaconroy's reaction to them in his WW lp

For whatever reason, in Resident Evil 4, the blind dude with the Wolverine claws on steroids scared the crap out of me. I was so shaken by him, I had to take a break from the game for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom