• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

While I also think we won't see a DLC part 3, you're wrong about the physical copy of the DLC; it only has the current version of the game pre-downloaded on it. When it launched, it only had part 1 on it. The free update of January isn't on it, either.

Tldr; It's not really a physical copy. So, it won't have an effect on future plans.

Odd, since my physical copy has both DLC's on it. No download needed.

Just beat Mochi Mayhem.

The leaks said this would be disappointing, and boy was it. This is not an "epilogue" in the slightest, it's an unrelated storyline that just happens to bring Nemona, Penny, and Arven together with Carmine and Kieran. And even then, Carmine doesn't really do much in this one because she spends most of it under Pecharunt's control. I really wanted to see Nemona and Carmine interact together (I REALLY wanted to see them fight over you harem anime-style, but any kind of interaction between them would be great) and they really don't. Even with reduced expectations I still came away from this one a bit disappointed, it's not an "epilogue" in the slightest and you really don't get much of anyone except Kieran because everyone else becomes possessed fairly quickly, so it feels like a lot of false advertising here.

EDIT: On the plus side though, the game does hint who Penny's father is, it seems to be Peony (before setting off for Kitakami Penny calls him and he wishes her well on her "Adven-tour" which IIRC is a phrase Peony used in Crown Tundra). I thought it might be Rose, but looking back Peony makes more sense and fits with how she describes him. Also I just noticed that "Penny" is one letter off from "Peony" so the hint was there in plain sight all along, but this just drives it home.

Last edited:
Finished the Teal Mask and it's opinion time

I like the idea of having a rival who is annoyed at the player for being the designated "chosen one" for literally everything that happens around them.

Carmine is pretty terrible though. It's extremely obvious her brother is very not okay for like 80% of the episode, and her solution is just to ignore him completely? I really don't understand what the devs wanted us to think of her, but I just wanted to scream every time the protag went along with her plans. She's a brat.

I'd much have preferred to have more new Pokemon added as well, honestly. There's like maybe 7 if you count the new Ursaluna form, and not too much type variety between them? Idk. The lousy 3 are, unsurprisingly, also pretty unlikable, and they're a large chunk of the new mons, but I guess that's the point so I can't be mad :wynaut:

Ogerpon's sudden acceptance by the townspeople was also just kind of weird since it just happened so fast? Like, a long-standing multi-generational belief was just shattered immediately once some schoolboy and his grandpa ran around telling people "ogerpon good, loyal three bad". Did their family really have so much influence after all those years to just immediately sway the locals like that? If so, then why not have mentioned it earlier if that was the case? There was literally no pushback from anyone by this point, why were they still hiding it? Or if Ogerpon really was a huge, ugly horrifying thing, would they have refused to believe Kieran or what?

I'm moving onto Indigo Disk now, and I'm excited because I happen to know that a certain favorite Pokemon of mine has finally returned...

I sound kind of negative but it's not that bad, tbh

This was the stupidest thing I’ve played from the franchise and I loved every second of it.

I knew about certain things because Pokemon fans are incapable of keeping hush-hush on literally anything in this franchise, but no one, NO ONE, not a single soul on this planet could’ve prepared me for Chicken Dance zombie invasion.

I genuinely had to stop playing for five minutes to process Carmine dancing to that ridiculous(ly catchy) music.

Just beat Mochi Mayhem.

The leaks said this would be disappointing, and boy was it. This is not an "epilogue" in the slightest, it's an unrelated storyline that just happens to bring Nemona, Penny, and Arven together with Carmine and Kieran.

No, it is an epilogue.

It’s the conclusion to Kieran’s character arc, showing he’s grown past his obsession with beating the player and has become a better, more confident person that is willing to make friendships with new people.

There just happens to be a subplot involving mochi Thriller zombies doing the chicken dance in it because Pokémon is weird sometimes.

I genuinely enjoyed it. Loved having the squad together again and getting to see the group interactions outside of the Way Home arc. Also loved the group with the siblings mixed in, though I agree I wish we got to see more interaction between Nemona and Carmine. But the interactions between her and Kieran were really nice and probably exactly what he needed. The story itself was just funny, got so many laughs and "oh my god you're kidding" moments out of it between the plot and dialogue between characters.

I am disappointed that this is probably it for the story content because the Indigo Disk didn't really do it for me for the Area Zero stuff, but I had no problem with the epilogue itself. Was good fun.

That epilogue sure happened. Felt a bit monotonous, but I think it was worth it for absurd stuff that had me literally lol-ing like MINOR STORY THING everyone chicken dancing, or your trainer Matrix dodging the mochi.

Also Penny comments that your mom made her brain glitch with her prettiness. Sapphic Penny, ya love to see it

No, it is an epilogue.

It’s the conclusion to Kieran’s character arc, showing he’s grown past his obsession with beating the player and has become a better, more confident person that is willing to make friendships with new people.

There just happens to be a subplot involving mochi Thriller zombies doing the chicken dance in it because Pokémon is weird sometimes.

Kieran's arc is only one part of the story though and they ignored just about everything else. There were other characters supposed to be featured, primarily Nemona, Arven, Penny, and Carmine, and none of those characters got similar treatment (we did get a minor tidbit that Penny's father is hinted to be Peony, but that's about it), and in fact Carmine barely did anything because she was Pecharunt's first known victim. It had nothing to do with Area Zero or BB Academy, it's supposed to be related to Kitakami's plot but none of the lore was on display here. It literally only resolved one minor plot thread and we didn't even really need that one resolved because we already kind of guessed Kieran would be like this. I don't think you can really call something that only addresses one plot thread a true epilogue, nor can you say the mochi Thriller zombie silliness is a "subplot" when that's the focus and Kieran's character arc and wrapping up any other plot threads is secondary. More likely they just want a silly little story arc for their new mythical and advertised it as an "epilogue" because they didn't think many people would play it if they were honest about what it is (and it's a shame, because ironically I think it would be better received if they were honest about it since people have been begging for actual story events for mythicals again instead of just an unceremonious Mystery Gift distribution, and that's what we got here).

Last edited:
That epilogue sure happened. Felt a bit monotonous, but I think it was worth it for absurd stuff that had me literally lol-ing like MINOR STORY THING everyone chicken dancing, or your trainer Matrix dodging the mochi.

Also Penny comments that your mom made her brain glitch with her prettiness. Sapphic Penny, ya love to see it
Us wretched, fallen neandarthals: "Oh I bet the SV endgame material will add all kinds of crazy Geeta lore and make Kieran be possessed by Pecharunt etc etc"

Enlightened Game Freak writers, who are playing 9th dimensional omnichess while gazing into 500 parallel timelines at once for inspiration: mom hunter penny

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the Teal Mask and it's opinion time

I like the idea of having a rival who is annoyed at the player for being the designated "chosen one" for literally everything that happens around them.

Carmine is pretty terrible though. It's extremely obvious her brother is very not okay for like 80% of the episode, and her solution is just to ignore him completely? I really don't understand what the devs wanted us to think of her, but I just wanted to scream every time the protag went along with her plans. She's a brat.

I'd much have preferred to have more new Pokemon added as well, honestly. There's like maybe 7 if you count the new Ursaluna form, and not too much type variety between them? Idk. The lousy 3 are, unsurprisingly, also pretty unlikable, and they're a large chunk of the new mons, but I guess that's the point so I can't be mad :wynaut:

Ogerpon's sudden acceptance by the townspeople was also just kind of weird since it just happened so fast? Like, a long-standing multi-generational belief was just shattered immediately once some schoolboy and his grandpa ran around telling people "ogerpon good, loyal three bad". Did their family really have so much influence after all those years to just immediately sway the locals like that? If so, then why not have mentioned it earlier if that was the case? There was literally no pushback from anyone by this point, why were they still hiding it? Or if Ogerpon really was a huge, ugly horrifying thing, would they have refused to believe Kieran or what?

I'm moving onto Indigo Disk now, and I'm excited because I happen to know that a certain favorite Pokemon of mine has finally returned...

I sound kind of negative but it's not that bad, tbh
I also like the idea of kieran being anoyed by you being the chosen one. Mild spoiler, it gets even worse for him in indigo disk. Just use ogerpon against him.

Oh my god I loved the epilogue so much, it was so silly. I loved getting to see Arven and Nemona again, they make me so damn happy. I also liked Penny way more here than in the main game, for some reason? Not that I didn't like her already but I REALLY liked her here. And I loved Kieran getting to meet the group, and just how ridiculous the whole mochi zombie dance thing was. It was so dumb in the best way. My only real complaint is that Carmine wasn't around much because I so badly wanted to see her interact with the Paldean characters but beyond that I had such a good time.

Also like. That part where Penny's all (I'm paraphrasing here) "ugh god my dad is so annoying" and Arven's like "aww that's just because he cares, little bud! :)" Yeah that got me. I love Arven so much I just want to give him a hug ;___;

The epilogue was fine. There were more battles and content than what I expected and the characters' interactions were gold. The characters really bounced off each other and felt pretty natural. The unserious tone was a bit disappointing, and it's a bit worrying for the future of the franchise (specially after the Indigo Disk left a low bar in terms of handling legendaries) but the interactions made up for it.

I really wish Pecharunt was a better anatagonist. Like maybe make it vengeful towards the player becuase they took down its Loyal Three.

Speaking of which, I wish its concetions to the Loyal Three was a bit more apparent instead of just vague simulaities, most of which are only noticed by looking at its Bulbapedia page.

The epilogue continues to reinforce the sentiment that SV is far better at character interactions and dynamics rather than actual lore and plot. The epilogue is at its best when the characters are sitting in a room and interacting with each other. Yes, Pecharunt was mindless fun, but that moments between the characters were what I remember the most

Pecharunt's backstory revealed!

This actually makes Pecharunt simultaneously both sympathetic and more terrifying in my eyes. Pecharunt essentially forces others the love it, even those who already care for it. It also establishes the whole Mochi Mayhem event as its attempt to turn the land of Kitakami into a cult that worships it and its mochi. I like this mythical a lot more now.

This actually makes Pecharunt simultaneously both sympathetic and more terrifying in my eyes. Pecharunt essentially forces others the love it, even those who already care for it. It also establishes the whole Mochi Mayhem event as its attempt to turn the land of Kitakami into a cult that worships it and its mochi. I like this mythical a lot more now.
Honestly, I do agree. The only thing I can see making this creature somewhat innocent is if it really had no idea that's how it's powers worked and just thought "Hey this makes them love me more!". Still an evil motherfucker tho and I love it for that.

Back
Top Bottom