• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

This pecharunt backstory makes the loyal trio victims here, like I suspected before. They were under pecharunt control , and ogerpon killed them. Now people in kitakami think that the loyal trio are evil.

This pecharunt backstory makes the loyal trio victims here, like I suspected before. They were under pecharunt control , and ogerpon killed them. Now people in kitakami think that the loyal trio are evil.
I don't think they were controlled against their will, they gave Pecharunt loyalty in return for granting their wishes.

I said it many times in the forums that I love Scarlet & Violet games. The characters felt more fleshed out and felt like genuine friends than the characters in other Pokémon games, the content was quite rich, and when I didn't know about any of the new Pokémon, finding out the surprise evolutions and all new Pokémon was quite an exciting experience for me. I had high expectations from the DLCs as I loved the base game. But I must say I am disappointed after playing both DLCs and the Epilogue.

My main issue with the DLC is that most of the things the game asks you to do feel like a chore. Crispin was the worst one. I never bothered making sandwiches because quite frankly I find it as boring as BW2's Movie Studio, if not more. I am requested to do this very confusing puzzle of randomly talking to people, battling them, switching items and such without any real directions. I was so bored walking around that I used a YT video to get it over with ASAP. But then Crispin didn't like my placing of ingredients, so I had to do it all over again. That made me not touch the game for about a week because I felt so frustrated. It wasn't much different when I had to catch new Pokémon in the Polar Biome just because I am requested to challenge with the Pokémon I caught there.

It was even worse with the Pecharunt epilogue. All the time you are just required to tap on A to skip the dialogues where the same thing happens over and over and over and over again... What works better with such storytelling is to just put a cutscene and let the player watch the whole thing. Plus points if there is voice acting so you won't keep reading uninteresting sentences for so many times. I was so done with A'ing all the "Mochi Mochi" dialogues which genuinely happens just so many times and does not do anything different to make it any more interesting.

There could have been so many interesting things to get done in the DLC where you lose the track of time, but instead we are stuck with all these chores to pass the time. I would not really enjoy playing all the DLC content and especially the Epilogue ever again.

Crispin was the worst one. I never bothered making sandwiches because quite frankly I find it as boring as BW2's Movie Studio, if not more. I am requested to do this very confusing puzzle of randomly talking to people, battling them, switching items and such without any real directions. I was so bored walking around that I used a YT video to get it over with ASAP. But then Crispin didn't like my placing of ingredients, so I had to do it all over again.
yeah this was such a drag. completely disconnected from any of the actual gameplay and just honestly not fun to deal with lol

Why did they make a video for this instead of you know... putting this lore in Mochi Mayhem? We really needed this kind of lore in the actual game.
Because no one involved who isn't a Pokémon is alive to tell any of it, and so little people were involved that it's no surprise that no written record exists either.

Because no one involved who isn't a Pokémon is alive to tell any of it, and so little people were involved that it's no surprise that no written record exists either.
You could say that about Ogerpon's backstory, which mostly happens the same time as Pecharunt's; so I don't really think that's a good excuse.

You could say that about Ogerpon's backstory, which mostly happens the same time as Pecharunt's; so I don't really think that's a good excuse.
Ogerpon is different in that there actually was a person who knew that Ogerpon was innocent and relayed the story forward on to an NPC whom you happen to luckily meet. The only people who knew Pecharunt's backstory were the old couple, but they lived who knows where, and it's unknown if they ever passed the story along to anyone.

Ogerpon is different in that there actually was a person who knew that Ogerpon was innocent and relayed the story forward on to an NPC whom you happen to luckily meet. The only people who knew Pecharunt's backstory were the old couple, but they lived who knows where, and it's unknown if they ever passed the story along to anyone.
Well if they knew about Opgerpon's innocence, why didn't they know about a floating peach-thing? It's not like Pecharunt hid itself. (Except after its defeat.)

Pecharunt didn't take part in the battle or the cave raid, so I'd say it's possible it simply went unnoticed.
It was in the fight, though it seems to be hiding in the grass. (I guess that's why no one noticed it.)

Though even then, why couldn't we at least get a verbal mention that Pecharunt is the Loyal Three's master? The only hints in-game are its pokedex picture and its battle theme. (And its reaction to fighting them, but that's easily missable.)

Game Freak didn't need to write Pecharunt's backstory in a way that no one was around to remember it or record it. The lack of backstory or really any rhyme or reason in game behind Pecharunt's actions takes precedence here, you design the backstory around the need for an entertaining and engaging motivation for the mythical you're showcasing, not the other way around.

Game Freak didn't need to write Pecharunt's backstory in a way that no one was around to remember it or record it. The lack of backstory or really any rhyme or reason in game behind Pecharunt's actions takes precedence here, you design the backstory around the need for an entertaining and engaging motivation for the mythical you're showcasing, not the other way around.
They don't even need a rewrite, just have either the old couple or their decedents show up and exposition to us.

Mythical Pokémon are all about being so mysterious and forgotten that there is next to no in-game lore about them. That's what sets them apart from Legendary Pokémon.

Mythical Pokémon are all about being so mysterious and forgotten that there is next to no in-game lore about them. That's what sets them apart from Legendary Pokémon.

Well if they're giving one an in game event, they can't really just say nothing about them the entire story or it fails its job of entertaining the player. So these two factors are incompatible, something's going to have to give here. And considering that everything else about Mochi Mayhem was good for gameplay, the lack of story really is the most expendable element in all of this. They can give mythicals a sense of mystery in other ways.

I haven’t played DLC, but I’m a PokéNerd and still know everything lol. I think that they should’ve stressed more on the fact that Dokutaro (Pecharunt, I don’t care if it’s called Pecharunt, it’s always going to be Dokutaro in my heart) is the master of the Loyal Three. And what the heck was going on with Kieran if Dokutaro wasn’t controlling him? There was a Dokutaro purple aura around his fist when he punched the Loyal Three statue, so what is that?

I haven’t played DLC, but I’m a PokéNerd and still know everything lol. I think that they should’ve stressed more on the fact that Dokutaro (Pecharunt, I don’t care if it’s called Pecharunt, it’s always going to be Dokutaro in my heart) is the master of the Loyal Three. And what the heck was going on with Kieran if Dokutaro wasn’t controlling him? There was a Dokutaro purple aura around his fist when he punched the Loyal Three statue, so what is that?
Agreed it's like they were so focused on fooling us, making us think he's possessed when he's not, just to then go, kidding, but set up all these plot holes and loose ends, like how did the loyal 3 get revived, what was the purple aura.

Kierans story makes no sense, nice guy, bit quiet and shy, gets increasingly frustrated he keeps losing to the player, goes a bit evil, then loses to the player and goes back to being nice.

Wot is wrong with Kieran lol? I think character development went a little awry…
And I can honestly relate to having a sister like Carmine. My sister is kinda like that

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kieran was being influenced by Pecharunt, but not in the same way the posessed people were. The ambition and determination he gained seems similar to what Pecharunt's "parents" experienced. Plus Kieran's purple mist revival and his hair tie are pretty damming evidence something more is going on here.

I think Kieran tying his hair up is meant to make him look a bit more like his grandmother, Hideko. Otherwise, everything else is very plausible regarding Kieran and Pecharunt.

Back
Top Bottom