• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

When and where were those three stated to be Japanese? We know Carmine and Kieran are from Kitakami, so that all but says they are. Also, what does Kieran's name imply?
Yeah. There's only one character in SV who is confirmed to come from another region, and that is Penny, who is confirmed to be from Galar.

It would be nice to see a representative of each Japanese region show up in Kitakami. As for Blueberry Academy, Earl would be a good fit.

Yeah. There's only one character in SV who is confirmed to come from another region, and that is Penny, who is confirmed to be from Galar.

This is actually a false statement.

Hassel is a descendant of a long line of Dragon-type Trainers in an unnamed faraway region. He ran away from home as a youth to pursue a dream of "making music", before becoming a member of the Elite Four in the Paldea Region as well as an art instructor at the academy. At one point, one of Hassel's relatives tries to convince him to come home, but his students' support prompts him to remain at the academy.

Hassel is probably from a Netherlands region... since the name Hassel originates there.

I think that he's actually from Johto (Blackthorn City in particular) and is actually related to Lance and Clair. I believe that Lance himself was the one who came over and tried to get him to come back home.
Well, Lance is one of the most well known Dragon Tamer so it would make sense for it to be him.

I think that he's actually from Johto (Blackthorn City in particular) and is actually related to Lance and Clair. I believe that Lance himself was the one who came over and tried to get him to come back home.

It literally says unknown region with him, so that by default already rules out the known regions.

It literally says unknown region with him, so that by default already rules out the known regions.
I would like to see a source of this please, because as far as a I remember, Hassel was from an "unnamed" Region, not that it was completely unknown to Paldea.

I do want to bring up Rika, who notably speaks in the Kanseai (Where Johto's based on) dialect in the original Japanese release, not to mention her ace Clodsire being a regional evo of a Johto mon
Counter-point, the characters from Spikemuth speak in Hakata-ben (localized in the dub as a Yorkshire accent), but you would have a hard time convincing me that all of them collectively hail from the Hoenn Region. I could easily see Rika speaking in Kansai-ben to just be to indicate to JPN players that she's meant to be "rural folk" as opposed to literally being Japanese.

I would like to see a source of this please, because as far as a I remember, Hassel was from an "unnamed" Region, not that it was completely unknown to Paldea.

Counter-point, the characters from Spikemuth speak in Hakata-ben (localized in the dub as a Yorkshire accent), but you would have a hard time convincing me that all of them collectively hail from the Hoenn Region. I could easily see Rika speaking in Kansai-ben to just be to indicate to JPN players that she's meant to be "rural folk" as opposed to literally being Japanese.

For me... unnamed and unknown is the same, since it would make no sense lore wise not to mention an already existing region though.

Wow, does GameFreak do ANY testing on their games at all anymore? The new paradoxes have a Bad Egg bug too that's caused by a player being able to enter the raid without updating the game. Seems every new thing added right now is bugged in some way. :/

I'm just glad none of this has affected me since I did update and I do have the Unova Zoroark already.
Ugh, yikes. I'm not doing this mystery gift then.

Ahh, Metagross is confirmed for Indigo Disk. One ask down, two to go, but I can't just seamlessly swap my Levitate Bronzong for Metagross if I can't also swap my Garchomp for Levitate Flygon in turn. The ability is too important to give up so they're ultimately a strict combo ask; both or neither in the team.
And I'm still wanting the Water-and-Ground-immune Water Absorb Mantine to pair with the double-weak-to-Water-and-Ground Hisui Arcanine.

Ahh, Metagross is confirmed for Indigo Disk. One ask down, two to go, but I can't just seamlessly swap my Levitate Bronzong for Metagross if I can't also swap my Garchomp for Levitate Flygon in turn. The ability is too important to give up so they're ultimately a strict combo ask; both or neither in the team.
And I'm still wanting the Water-and-Ground-immune Water Absorb Mantine to pair with the double-weak-to-Water-and-Ground Hisui Arcanine.
The Pokémon which are about to return have kind of leaked, because of leftover data found in the files after the latest update. This kind of 'leak' was correct back during SwSh, too.

So, you can cross-reference which of your favourites will definitely make a return.

I was interested in getting the DLC, but if there are going to be bugs and such that need a day one patch, I am not interested anymore. Plus, I haven't really been playing Pokemon Scarlet since I beat the main game anyway.

i haven't purchased the DLC yet, myself. moreso afraid of the save-wiping bug that i keep hearing about. unsure if it's 100% confirmed to be A Thing or if it's an extreme minority of players getting the problem, but i'd rather not risk it. which is a right shame because i was looking forward to it too. .__.

here's to waiting for another fix...

i haven't purchased the DLC yet, myself. moreso afraid of the save-wiping bug that i keep hearing about. unsure if it's 100% confirmed to be A Thing or if it's an extreme minority of players getting the problem, but i'd rather not risk it. which is a right shame because i was looking forward to it too. .__.

here's to waiting for another fix...
A patch is confirmed for April, and until the DLC is formerly released you're only missing the Zoroark and the clothes.

A cool little detail that I think would make sense for Kitakami (The Teal Mask) would be for Emmet to make an appearance. Since the region is Japanese inspired, Emmet could be travelling there to figure out at least something about where his brother went. He could even battle the player with a team of his Pokemon and the ones Ingo used to have with either the Battle Subway (original) or the Warden (Legends Arceus) themes.

Back
Top Bottom