• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

Speaking of Terapagos, anyone else notice its shell is lined with pentagons, not hexagons as was stated in the Books? Another mistaken sketch or it possibly evolves?
I would definitely bet on Terapagos having another form or evolving. I mean look at the little bugger it practically looks like a baby turtle. I wonder is Terapagos going to be like Zygarde and we have to help it reach its complete form.

I mean, the change in regional aesthetics from Paldea to the DLC is kind of jarring, but didn’t this also happen in SwSh? We went from Galar’s very distinct UK-inspiration to the Isle of Armor’s East Asian theme?
The Isle of Armor is still the Isle of Man though despite the kung-fu bears and pagodas. It was stated that Cubfu is from another region anyway. Mustard could also be Chinese himself, so why wouldn't his estate (for lack of a better term) be Chinese inspired?

This really does seem like a field trip abroad sort of thing. Like it's definitely not connected to Paldea. Maybe the only connection is maybe the pokemon were found in the crater at one point or are related to the expeditions (Heath's or Arven's respective parent's) in some way despite being from another country/region entirely.

Like I said, I thought it was strange the DLC bait area wasn't extended past a certain point. Especially how easy it is to see over it. Maybe Blueberry Academy is just...in that general area (Poor Catalonia, getting flooded and reduced to the location of Sealab 2021 an underwater school.) and Kitakami is in fact in the same area as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Tohoku to be incorporated since 2009, most recently with PLA. Kitakami (which means "north") isn't Sinjoh and the Paldea connection is forced, but I'll take it.

Two of the new rivals are in both parts of the DLC.

(Welp, south Kalos fans are getting the short end of the stick again.)

Last edited:
I've been waiting for Tohoku to be incorporated since 2009, most recently with PLA. Kitakami (which means "north") isn't Sinjoh and the Paldea connection is forced, but I'll take it.

Two of the new rivals are in both parts of the DLC.

(Welp, south Kalos fans are getting the short end of the stick again.)
South Kalos fans? How can people be a fan of something which doesn't exist?

It's not like we're back in the Kanto/Johto connection years.

As much as i don't care for paradox pokemon since they are just recycled designs, i do like Walking Wake's entire thing of actually being usable in a strategy that every other water pokemon is hindered by (water pokemon being weaker in the sun). Now waiting for a fire pokemon that is good in rain.

As much as i don't care for paradox pokemon since they are just recycled designs, i do like Walking Wake's entire thing of actually being usable in a strategy that every other water pokemon is hindered by (water pokemon being weaker in the sun). Now waiting for a fire pokemon that is good in rain.
volcanion.jpg

Volcanion is hindered by both rain and sun, water for sun and rain for fire. And really, Volcanion might as well be a Water type only given that its most used move is Steam Eruption.

I want a true fire pokemon with fire moves that get boost by rain.

Hmmm, Blueberry Academy is underwater... Atlantis connection again?

Also the rival is a Japanese person who dislikes people from other regions. Are they poking fun of the Japanese fans who were mad at SV for featuring non-Japanese characters? lol

When I made my first response, I was only aware of the two Pokemon that represent the DLC parts (the mask one and the turtle(?) one), but I realized there were more and so I sought out to see them.

I kinda like the new bird Pokemon. Definitely my favorite of the new ones, by a wide margin. The rest of them are 'eh'. The dog one is... well... um... were they trying to make a dog version of Incineroar? SMH. Bipedal can work, but it doesn't work with this one or Incineroar, sorry. lol

Since Kitakami is separate from Paldea, this means there's nothing stopping us from getting new Reginal Forms. Then again, Kitakami is not a "region", it's a "land", so it might not count.
According to the Spanish site, Kitakami is still situated to the north of Paldea.

According to the Spanish site, Kitakami is still situated to the north of Paldea.
Yet, the Google translated Japanese site doesn't say anything about it's location and the English site says even less. Also I don't see anywhere on the site that says the direction other than Kitakami probably being called "Noroteo" in Spanish since the blurb is the same as the English site other than that.

Also, side note, I like how the DLC has diffrent colors in diffrent languages. Blue in Japanese, Turquoise in Spanish, and Teal in English.

I'm glad we're not going to Kalos and the leakers were wrong. I am curious where the Blueberry Academy is since we're going to be exchange students, though?

I'm wondering where it is since we don't know much about it. All they told us about the second half of the dlc is that we're going to a different academy.

I'm glad we're not going to Kalos and the leakers were wrong. I am curious where the Blueberry Academy is since we're going to be exchange students, though?

I'm wondering where it is since we don't know much about it. All they told us about the second half of the dlc is that we're going to a different academy.
I think we could start actually with the name itswlf, notably, em using the English word of "Blueberry", rather than using the Spanish word "Arándano", in a similar vein to Naranja and Uva.

Now, from what I can tell, the original Japanese version never had the Spanish naming, calling the original two schools the English words of "Orange" and "Grape" respectively, and in that fashion, this one's also just called "Blueberry" over there. But having that carry over for us here while the original two schools were given Spanish names here seems... weird

Maybe it was a random fluke from the English localization team, or is was a conscious decision that could potentially tell us that the region it sits on/is adjacent to is based on a place that speaks English.

Last edited:
So I got the Hisuian Zoroark via mystery gift, but...

Anyone else had this glitch?

Wow, does GameFreak do ANY testing on their games at all anymore? The new paradoxes have a Bad Egg bug too that's caused by a player being able to enter the raid without updating the game. Seems every new thing added right now is bugged in some way. :/

I'm just glad none of this has affected me since I did update and I do have the Unova Zoroark already.

Back
Top Bottom