• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Scarlet & Violet Long Odds Predictions

dig

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓ด้้้้้็็็็็้้
Reaction score
Let's see how much of this I get right

European-based region
Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
8 gyms, 8 badges, and an Elite 4. Their types are, in no order;
Bug, Dark, Electric, Ground, Steel, Flying, Fire, Fairy, Water, Rock, Dragon, Poison and a Champion that uses a varied team.
Dexit reamins a thing.
Dex has 500 species. 80-110 new Pokemon are introduced, with roughly 25 regional forms
Final starter evolutions - Fire/Dragon, Water/Flying, Grass/Steel
Three rivals that fit the archetype of Friendly Rival, Sore Loser and Secondary Antagonist
Evil team has a female leader
Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
New regional forms/evolutions for Parasect (Bug/Steel), Fearow (Flying/Dark), Meowth (Fighting), Tangela, (Grass/Electric), Tauros (Normal/Steel), Girafarig (Psychic/Dark), Miltank (Normal/Fairy), Audino (Fairy), Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle (Dark/Fairy), Meinfoo/Meinshao (Fighting/Fairy), Munna/Mushurna (Flying), Shelmet (steel), Accelgor (Steel/Bug), Karrablast (Fighting), Escavalier (Fighting/Bug), Clauncher/Clawitzer (Water/Fire), Skrelp (Grass/Water), Dragalge (Grass/Dragon), Floette/Florges (Fairy/Grass)
New Eevee - Dragon
A Pokemon that evolves differently if your Online or Offline
All trade evolutions now have the option to use PLA's Linking Chord
Location-based evolution is fully cut, in favour of stone evolutions.
Gym order is determined by version, swapping 2 & 3, and 5 & 6.
A Detective Pikachu is distributed, with a unique cry voiced by Ryan Reynolds

Let's see how many of these are even close XD

Last edited:

dig

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓ด้้้้้็็็็็้้
Reaction score
  • Staff
So far;

1. Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
  2. Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
Nothing else that is proven true or false.

Additionally;

The Professors are the evil team leaders for the games.
Evil team has to do with Time travel.
Team Name is the same for each game, there is only one team.
Possible team names - Eon, Chronos, Gnomon, Equinox

Pawmi evolves once
Lechonk evolves twice. Normal/Fighting
Smolliv evolves once. Grass/Water
Koraidon is Ground/Dragon
Miraidon is Electric/Dragon. Possibly has a Levitate-like ability.

nickdt

Reaction score
So far;

1. Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
  2. Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
Nothing else that is proven true or false.

Additionally;

The Professors are the evil team leaders for the games.
Evil team has to do with Time travel.
Team Name is the same for each game, there is only one team.
Possible team names - Eon, Chronos, Gnomon, Equinox

Pawmi evolves once
Lechonk evolves twice. Normal/Fighting
Smolliv evolves once. Grass/Water
Koraidon is Ground/Dragon
Miraidon is Electric/Dragon. Possibly has a Levitate-like ability.

I think you will get Lechonk wrong (Most likely gonna become Normal/Fairy as its ability is Aroma Veil).
Smoliv you might be correct, but i can also see it turning into Poison/Grass or Fairy/Grass.

Blob

Reaction score
I think Smoliv will evolve into an olive tree, since we only have two tree Pokémon so far: Trevenant and Exeggutor. Sudowoodo doesn't count since it's not a tree.
I hope Pawmi evolves, but I don't think it will.
Lechonk could be the regional rodent/small mammal.
Koraidon looks like it's partially Water type because of its webbed fingers and toes.
Miraidon looks like it's part Electric type due to its cyber theme.
Overall, I'd say that they either introduce a new type (Rubber? Plastic?) or the legendaries will end up covering for each other's weaknesses. It could mean Koriadon is Water/Fire and Mirai is Electric/Ice (though I doubt it).