• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Long Odds Predictions

Reaction score
Let's see how much of this I get right

European-based region
Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
8 gyms, 8 badges, and an Elite 4. Their types are, in no order;
Bug, Dark, Electric, Ground, Steel, Flying, Fire, Fairy, Water, Rock, Dragon, Poison and a Champion that uses a varied team.
Dexit reamins a thing.
Dex has 500 species. 80-110 new Pokemon are introduced, with roughly 25 regional forms
Final starter evolutions - Fire/Dragon, Water/Flying, Grass/Steel
Three rivals that fit the archetype of Friendly Rival, Sore Loser and Secondary Antagonist
Evil team has a female leader
Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
New regional forms/evolutions for Parasect (Bug/Steel), Fearow (Flying/Dark), Meowth (Fighting), Tangela, (Grass/Electric), Tauros (Normal/Steel), Girafarig (Psychic/Dark), Miltank (Normal/Fairy), Audino (Fairy), Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle (Dark/Fairy), Meinfoo/Meinshao (Fighting/Fairy), Munna/Mushurna (Flying), Shelmet (steel), Accelgor (Steel/Bug), Karrablast (Fighting), Escavalier (Fighting/Bug), Clauncher/Clawitzer (Water/Fire), Skrelp (Grass/Water), Dragalge (Grass/Dragon), Floette/Florges (Fairy/Grass)
New Eevee - Dragon
A Pokemon that evolves differently if your Online or Offline
All trade evolutions now have the option to use PLA's Linking Chord
Location-based evolution is fully cut, in favour of stone evolutions.
Gym order is determined by version, swapping 2 & 3, and 5 & 6.
A Detective Pikachu is distributed, with a unique cry voiced by Ryan Reynolds

Let's see how many of these are even close XD

Last edited:
  • Staff
So far;

1. Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
  2. Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
Nothing else that is proven true or false.

Additionally;

The Professors are the evil team leaders for the games.
Evil team has to do with Time travel.
Team Name is the same for each game, there is only one team.
Possible team names - Eon, Chronos, Gnomon, Equinox

Pawmi evolves once
Lechonk evolves twice. Normal/Fighting
Smolliv evolves once. Grass/Water
Koraidon is Ground/Dragon
Miraidon is Electric/Dragon. Possibly has a Levitate-like ability.

So far;

1. Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone, Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig are all represented by new pokemon or forms.
  2. Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
Nothing else that is proven true or false.

Additionally;

The Professors are the evil team leaders for the games.
Evil team has to do with Time travel.
Team Name is the same for each game, there is only one team.
Possible team names - Eon, Chronos, Gnomon, Equinox

Pawmi evolves once
Lechonk evolves twice. Normal/Fighting
Smolliv evolves once. Grass/Water
Koraidon is Ground/Dragon
Miraidon is Electric/Dragon. Possibly has a Levitate-like ability.

I think you will get Lechonk wrong (Most likely gonna become Normal/Fairy as its ability is Aroma Veil).
Smoliv you might be correct, but i can also see it turning into Poison/Grass or Fairy/Grass.

I think Smoliv will evolve into an olive tree, since we only have two tree Pokémon so far: Trevenant and Exeggutor. Sudowoodo doesn't count since it's not a tree.
I hope Pawmi evolves, but I don't think it will.
Lechonk could be the regional rodent/small mammal.
Koraidon looks like it's partially Water type because of its webbed fingers and toes.
Miraidon looks like it's part Electric type due to its cyber theme.
Overall, I'd say that they either introduce a new type (Rubber? Plastic?) or the legendaries will end up covering for each other's weaknesses. It could mean Koriadon is Water/Fire and Mirai is Electric/Ice (though I doubt it).

Fighting Type Eeveelution
Cyclizar evolves in to the box legends
Kalos starters return
No extra gimmicks other the Tera Types
Wooper gets an evolution after Quagsire with a base stat total of 530 more or less
Final starter evos Quaxly Water-Fighting, Fuecoco Fire-Fairy and Sprigatito Grass-Ground

• Staff
Let's see how much of this I get right

8 gyms, 8 badges, and an Elite 4. Their types are, in no order;
Bug, Dark, Electric, Ground, Steel, Flying, Fire, Fairy, Water, Rock, Dragon, Poison and a Champion that uses a varied team.
Dexit reamins a thing.
Dex has 500 species. 80-110 new Pokemon are introduced, with roughly 25 regional forms
Final starter evolutions - Fire/Dragon, Water/Flying, Grass/Steel
Three rivals that fit the archetype of Friendly Rival, Sore Loser and Secondary Antagonist
Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm)
New regional forms/evolutions for Parasect (Bug/Steel), Fearow (Flying/Dark), Meowth (Fighting), Tangela, (Grass/Electric), Tauros (Normal/Steel), Girafarig (Psychic/Dark), Miltank (Normal/Fairy), Audino (Fairy), Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle (Dark/Fairy), Meinfoo/Meinshao (Fighting/Fairy), Munna/Mushurna (Flying), Shelmet (steel), Accelgor (Steel/Bug), Karrablast (Fighting), Escavalier (Fighting/Bug), Clauncher/Clawitzer (Water/Fire), Skrelp (Grass/Water), Dragalge (Grass/Dragon), Floette/Florges (Fairy/Grass)
New Eevee - Dragon
A Pokemon that evolves differently if your Online or Offline
All trade evolutions now have the option to use PLA's Linking Chord
Location-based evolution is fully cut, in favour of stone evolutions.
Gym order is determined by version, swapping 2 & 3, and 5 & 6.
A Detective Pikachu is distributed, with a unique cry voiced by Ryan Reynolds

Let's see how many of these are even close XD

Well, possible that some might come true with DLC, I think it's currently safe to go through them.

European-based region - That was an easy one.
Bull, Lion, Dolphin, Flea, Traffic Cone - Well, I got Dolphin, Finizen/Palafin, correct. Won't count Bull since it was only Tauros
Beetle, Paper Plane, Tree, Peacock, Cooking Pot, Pig - Beetle (Rellor/Rabsca), Peacock (Quaquaval), Tree (Arbolive) and Pig (Lechonk/Oinkologne) are accurate to some degree.
Gyms/Elite 4 Typings - Bug, Dark, Electric, Ground, Steel, Flying, Fire, Fairy, Water, Rock, Dragon, Poison and a Champion that uses a varied team. - 7/12
Dexit reamins a thing. -
Well,duh.
Dex has 500 species. 80-110 new Pokemon are introduced, with roughly 25 regional forms - 100 out for the dex, 103 introduced, and 2 regional forms haha
Final starter evolutions - Fire/Dragon, Water/Flying, Grass/Steel - Zero out of three.
Three rivals that fit the archetype of Friendly Rival, Sore Loser and Secondary Antagonist - Ehh. Nemonal is a Friendly Rival, and Penny is something of an antagonist. Sore Loser is missing though.
Professor is male, and younger than usual (i.e. Elm) -
Though it does imply we only got one Professor.
New regional forms/evolutions for ... - NOPE.
New Eevee - Dragon - Nopeon
A Pokemon that evolves differently if your Online or Offline - That's basically Palafin.
All trade evolutions now have the option to use PLA's Linking Chord - Come on, Game Freak.
Location-based evolution is fully cut, in favour of stone evolutions. - This seems to hold up.
Gym order is determined by version, swapping 2 & 3, and 5 & 6. - Nowhere close.
A Detective Pikachu is distributed, with a unique cry voiced by Ryan Reynolds. - Never say never.

Fighting Type Eeveelution
Cyclizar evolves in to the box legends
Kalos starters return
No extra gimmicks other the Tera Types
Wooper gets an evolution after Quagsire with a base stat total of 530 more or less
Final starter evos Quaxly Water-Fighting, Fuecoco Fire-Fairy and Sprigatito Grass-Ground
lets see, i got kalos starters return and no extra tera gimmicks, but thats about it

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom