• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

Progess wasn't much, but I've manages to defeat Iono, bringing the obedience max level to 35, and continue with the Path of Legends and defeat Bombirder and Orthworm. I also cleared the Segin Squad on the Starfall Street path.

Man, the climb up to Titan Bombirder with the rolling boulders brought back memories of a climb in Jak II, but while in that game Jak loses HP by being touched, here, you only get knocked back with no damage to your Pokémon. Alas, all my Pokémon at the time were underleveled or weak to Rock-type moves, so I couldn't win the first match. On the second attempt, I brought in a Flaaffy and Rockruff and won here. Titan Orthworm also brought back memories of another boss battle: Holey Moley in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Both involve chasing the earth-based boss around, but at least with Orthworm, they'll stop and battle you catch up with them a few times in both chases; Riku has to chase the Moley around the whole time with no breaks.

I also think I discovered a performance issue that I reported in the other page: Tera Raids have a chance to freeze before it begins, as I had a Litleo raid crash on me, requiring a reset. Another player also confirmed they had the same crash.

Crocalor ♂: Level 32
Deerling ♂: Level 28 (Spring)
Kilowattrel ♀: Level 31

Been playing a lot lately and I forgot to report my progress. I'll try to keep it short.

I've since rotated pretty much my entire team (sans my Starter) out of the group, replacing them with several new Mons. However, I have come to learn that the obedience thing does affect all Mons, as my newest member, Houndstone, ended up disobeying me during a regular battle (though he obeys me during Tera Raid Battles, at least). So that means I need more badges. However, to my ire, my most recent badge (Water) only increased the level cap to 40, which doesn't do me any good when it comes to Houndstone (as he's now Level 42). Why are the level cap increases only in increments of 5? I was really hoping for it to boost the obedience cap to 50.

Anyway, I completed the Dark Team Star and the Ground Titan battle. I caught countless Mons, including Great Tusk itself, giving me my first Paradox Pokemon. Sadly, I can't use it yet due to the damn obedience cap being below its level, which is a shame because I really wanted to use it. Anyway, I'm in the process of trying to evolve my Finizen but apparently it requires another player to be active with you via the Union Circle, or so Serebii says, anyway. I hope it's a bit simpler than that, like just needing to be online or something, as I can't play with myself this time due to only buying Scarlet (funds are getting tight). I'll have to figure it out later.

Anyway, as of this point, I've completed four gyms (Bug, Grass, Electric, Water), three Titans (Rock, Steel, Ground), and two Team Star bases (Fire, Dark).

My (current) team:
King K. Rool (Skeledirge, male, Lv47)
Rampage (P-Tauros, male, Lv39)
Grimm (Houndstone, male, Lv42, Ground Teratype)
Flipper (Finizen, female, Lv37)
Turbo (Varoom, male, Lv39)
Orval (Kilowattrel, male, Lv40)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I caught two random shinies while exploring: a Pawmi and a Hoppip. I'm a tad miffed that the overworld sparkle and shiny sound that was in Legends Arceus did not carry over into these games, as I only just happened to notice that the Mons were shiny by pure chance. That's gonna complicate shiny hunting unless it gets fixed in a patch, especially since a number of shines are just the same color but a shade or two different from their normal form, meaning you can easily miss a shiny if you're not super observant.

Last edited:
However, to my ire, my most recent badge (Water) only increased the level cap to 40, which doesn't do me any good when it comes to Houndstone (as he's now Level 42). Why are the level cap increases only in increments of 5? I was really hoping for it to boost the obedience cap to 50.
Yeah, this is what I fear the most: having the obedience cap be only Level 60 when you get all eight badges on the Victory Road path, with still no word even from Serebii as to what you need to make all Pokémon obedient; most games were eight badges, the Alola games required becoming Champion, and PLA required being at Seven Star rank.

Yeah, this is what I fear the most: having the obedience cap be only Level 60 when you get all eight badges on the Victory Road path, with still no word even from Serebii as to what you need to make all Pokémon obedient; most games were eight badges, the Alola games required becoming Champion, and PLA required being at Seven Star rank.

Having completed all three paths maybe.

Lots of progress made. I've finally done one boss from each of the Treasure Hunt stories.

Episode 3: Challenging Team Star

I did a lot in between the last time I posted. I spent a huge chunk of time just looking for my last team member and finally I found her! It was a little Tinkatink. I'm glad I caught her when I did because she was only level 10 when the rest of my team was around level 16. After adding her to my team, I did a bit of grinding though Auto Battles. I knew Mela was going to be a challenge so I made sure to get everyone around level 24. And since Team Star's thing is Auto Battles, I figured it was only fitting to grind that way.

Now my team is pretty pitiful. The only Pokemon I thought would be fitting enough to head into the base were my Quaxwel (Lyran), Pawmo (Mija), and Tandemaus (Tanaranja). I made it through the grunts fine enough, mainly thanks to Lyran. Once it was time to battle Mela things were TOUGH. Torkaol having Drought did not make things easy even after Terastallizing Lyran, but eventually he was able to take her down. Then came the big Revroom. And look, I know we were told that we would be battling Team Star's Starmobiles, but I had no clue they were actual separate Pokemon. I thought it would be like a few effects happening every so often, like our Pokemon taking random damage every turn while another Pokemon was battling. So I was legit caught off guard.

I won't sugarcoat, that battle was HARD. Thankfully I had a few ways of weakening the thing, mainly Baby Doll Eyes, so it's attacks didn't do as much once I brought Lyran back out. And eventually we won. We got our third badge and first Starfall Street Badge. And after the battle we got some more info on the Team Star bosses through an unexpected flashback and I'm even more curious about their history. Especially with Clav...I mean CLIVE also knowing some of their history. Also FINALLY, Penny returned. And it seems she's part of this all...and isn't it interesting how she brought up that she's good at hacking...just like Cassiopeia. Like really, what the hell is going here? I mean, at least we know that we'll be seeing Penny around with all of this Team Star stuff.

I think my next move is to head on over to Levincina and finally meet the best girl...IONO! :bulbaLove:

Got a lot done last night and a bit more today (this week will be a bit busy due to Thanksgiving, so playing during the day is going to be limited for me).

Last night I finally got my Ceruledge, and she's perfect! Though it took a long time since I guess Sinistea don't spawn that often around Zapapico town, and I wasn't going to make a detour again to the area where the psychic gym is, apparently more of them spawn there too. Anyway, I solo trained her for a while, though I accidentally overleveled her to mid 50's; now she's on reserve in my B team, so I think I'll bring her back when I get to either the psychic or ice gym. Aside from that, explored a bit more and caught a few more Pokemon to fill out the Dex more, I just love how the entries look like cute little cards. Caught an Espathra and trained her for a bit, and I finally caught Greavard! He's definitely going on my main team, after I evolved him and saw his evo it was a no brainer for me.

Also beat both the electric and water gyms, the poison Team Star boss, and the iron Donphan and Orthworm (Edit: forgot to add the latter fight) titans last night. They were very easy, but I was training a lot too so I was still a bit overleveled. I love Iono, at first I thought I'd find her annoying like I do with most V-Tuber stuff, but she's not. I love her bubbly personality, really fits the pastel pink and blue theme she's got going, a common pairing for colors but it works here. Plus her gym challenge before the fight was fun, I loved the commentary she did on it. Speaking of characters, I also really love Nemona and Arven. I wasn't too keen on them at first, but they grew on me as the story progressed; especially Arven, now his story better not trick me into thinking his Mabosstiff will live but it actually doesn't, I can't handle animal/creature deaths in real life and fiction. For the Team Star bosses, I don't really like most of them character or design wise so far, except the fairy type boss.

As for today, I went ahead and defeated the normal type gym leader, which was another easy win for me. Afterwards I explored and caught more Pokemon again. I caught my second favorite gen IX 'mon, Tatsugiri! Though I won't be using her just yet, so she also went to my B team. Wandered a bit more and surprisingly found and caught a wild Espeon. Then I went to the snow mountain area to make my way to the ghost gym, caught a wild Gardevoir, Froslass, and Glaceon as another surprise. Gardevoir, as a Pokemon, isn't really my favorite, but I have started warming up to it lately, so it's in my main team for now.

Tonight I'll fight the ghost gym leader, though I'm not sure where to go after. I might take on the fairy boss for Team Star, leaving the fighting boss for last. But, I might go ahead and make my way to the psychic gym instead then the final titan Pokemon. I don't know, I'll think on it for now.

My current team (not final, liable to change):
Skeledirge lv. 48
Gardevoir (nicknamed Astolfo, you might know why) lv. 42
Dachsbun (nicknamed Coco) lv. 47
Mabosstiff (nicknamed Daisy) lv. 47
Houndstone (nicknamed Beast VI) lv. 46
Froslass (nicknamed Luna) lv. 42

Last edited:
Played through for a couple more hours. Still exploring the South Province and encountered a Wattrel with Wind Power in Nemona Mansion's private beach. Not the ability that I want so I didn't catch it. I've also tried some Tera Raid Battles and caught a Rock-Tera P. Wooper and a lv. 20 Fire-Tera Tinkatink, which I caught in a Heal Ball and went straight to the team. Named her Orth. Not the best possible Tera type for Tinkatink I guess, but it doesn't matter.

Went to the East Province and caught some other Pokémons. Also caught a lv. 13 Charcadet and named it Rúleo. Still haven't decided if I want him or a Capsakid, but I'll take him for now.

My team at the end of the game:
Mayura the Quaxly - Lv. 13 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Paldean Wooper - Lv. 12 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatink - Lv. 20 - Heal Ball
Rúleo the Charcadet - Lv. 13 - Great Ball

Did some exploration again last night, still in the South and East Province. Found a bunch of Wattrel but they're all over level 20, so I didn't get to catch any. At last I decided to go to the West Province to catch a Nymble first and found a Steel-Tera one in a Tera Den. I didn't plan to do raid again anytime soon, but I ended up doing it anyway. Caught her with a Dusk Ball at level 12 and named her Saltarada. Exploring a bit more and found a nicely leveled Wattrel with Volt Absorb. Caught her in a Nest Ball at level 18 and named her Pátrica. I also found my first Shiny in Paldea, it was a red Tarountula and I caught it with a critical capture. Have no intention of evolving it because the evolution is...well let's say the first form is a great deal better.

I also decided to finally went on with one of the story. Choosing to do the Rock Cliff titan first so that I can finally dash with my Miraidon. After that I went to the town where the Bug Gym is located. But after some pondering, I decided that I want to use Capsakid instead since it's a new type combo I've never used before, so I'll search for one before doing the Gym.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxwell (M) - Lv. 17 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Paldean Wooper (F) - Lv. 16 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatink (F) - Lv. 21 - Heal Ball
Rúleo the Charcadet (M) - Lv. 16 - Great Ball (Will be swaped with a Capsakid)
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 16 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 18 - Nest Ball

Currently training for Iono in the area around Levincia. After a long and frustrating trek to evolve my Charcadet to get Armarouge, I needed a break.

Current team at the moment:

Zelda the Kirlia
Fénix the Armarogue (her name is Spanish for "phoenix")
Menta the Floragato
Lita the wonder Pikachu
Tails the Buizel
Cuidachta the Corvisquire (might swap to a Riolu I named Aaron for Iono)

I love being able to use accented letters in names now!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I caught two random shinies while exploring: a Pawmi and a Hoppip. I'm a tad miffed that the overworld sparkle and shiny sound that was in Legends Arceus did not carry over into these games, as I only just happened to notice that the Mons were shiny by pure chance. That's gonna complicate shiny hunting unless it gets fixed in a patch, especially since a number of shines are just the same color but a shade or two different from their normal form, meaning you can easily miss a shiny if you're not super observant.
Yeah, that almost cost me as well. I'll explain.

After finally getting Violet on Saturday, resetting for a female Sprigatito--her name is Black Cat, after a green Ravage recolor--I actually started playing. Did some Surprise Trades, a couple of Terra Battles, and have tried catching everything I can find, which leads me to today.

I was trying to find a Charcadet, so I was scouring the area near the first Gym. While looking, I spotted a weird yellow Pokémon that I thought I hadn't caught yet. It was trying to run from me, but I caught up and when the battle started...

It was just a female Nymble. A SHINY female Nymble. I nearly dropped my Switch Lite in shock.

But it gets better: I had been on such a catching spree that I was low on Balls. I only had three in my bag!

Chucked a Poké Ball at it; she popped out. I had Black Cat hit her with a Leafage and that took her into the yellow. So I tossed my last Poké Ball at her...

It was a critical throw. She was caught.

I booked it back to town, bought more Balls and got her on my team. Her name is Ransack. She's going to stay with me until forever.

But if I hadn't noticed that she looked weird, I would have missed her completely.

I guess I've now reached the end of my time playing this. I don't see any possible way I can continue unless I erase my current file and completely start over, which is obviously not what I want to do. Not my fault either, I think this is a bad oversight from GameFreak. :/ After defeating one titan as well as Brassius and Mela, I decided to go to Iono's gym next, but there's no way to beat her. She uses a Pokemon that when terastillized literally has no weaknesses and can quickly increase its sp. attack so it oneshots everything. Maybe other players got lucky somehow, but I'm not. Screw that, I have better things I could be doing than dealing with such BS. Not to mention I seem to be underleveled to some degree almost ALL the time anyway because leveling up in this game feels like such a chore. I battle all the trainers I can find too. And if there's one thing I never liked about Pokemon games, it's grinding. So like I said, I've got better things to do.

A real shame too, because I was enjoying this game. But I personally don't like hard games, so I'm out for this one.

I started off the morning by going to beat the gym in Montenevera. I was very happy to see they decided to have another Gym leader who likes to do double battles. Even if it's only one, it helps change up the gym battle system a little bit. Azalea and Madam made quick work of the gym, and pretty quickly I was finished.

Having finally made my decision to use the Shiny Finizen I caught, I went ahead and asked a friend to help me evolve her, and while we were talking I decided on the north side of Casseroya Lake. I definitely think it's top contender for my favorite place in the region. The music that plays around the area is gorgeous, the lake is huge, and there are big waterfalls. The little Fall like area on the very northwest corner of the map is gorgeous. While I was exploring over there, I stumbled across another one of those glowing door lid things. A funny thing happened while I was exploring the area by the waterfalls. I was slowly crossing a very narrow bridge and I saw a Gogoat fall down the face of the cliff and land on the one that was level with me. I paused for a minute, watching as it pranced around the edge of the cliff, before it fell down the side of this one. That poor goat.

After exploring for a while, I made my way over to the Asado desert to challenge my 4th Titan, Great Tusk (aka ancient Donphan). Man, it was even bigger up close! It took a little bit to bring him down too, but Coral managed to beat him, and hey, Arven even got the final hit in. With that, Arven made us some sandwiches with the Herba Mystica, and Koraidon regained his ability to glide through the air. I was testing it out and Koraidon definitely doesn't seem to be able to hold it for that long, but it does help for sure.

Next, I went to take on the final two gym leaders, the Psychic leader Tulip, and the Ice Leader Grusha. I was kind of surprised to see there really wasn't more substance to Grusha's Gym Test. The others, while sometimes short and simple, at least had a little bit going n. Grusha's was just slide down a mountain in under a minute and thirty seconds. I think they could have added something more to that, a few different courses with more obstacles, just something. The battle with him was a bit of a challenge though, as 3 of my Pokemon are weak to ice types (including one of them who knew a fighting type move), but I managed to make do with Coral, and we managed to take Grusha out. The gym leaders are some fun characters, and I really hope we get to see more of them.

Once I finished up with Grusha, I glided down to the North Province beyond Glaseado Mountain and went to challenge Ortega and the Fairy type Team Star. I think I already said this before, but I was not expecting to like this plotline as much as I am. The bosses have to be some of my favorite characters in the game, and the story is so sad. They were just trying to stand up to some bullies. I feel bad taking them down, so I hope what I am doing is for the best.

After finishing up with the fairy crew. I decided to just work on my dex to end the night off. I thought I was doing really well with dex completion but then I finish up this evening and learn from Mr. Jacq that there are 200 more Pokemon I need to catch. At least now that I have money thanks to the Amulet Coin, I can pick up some Quick Balls to hopefully make the catching process a little better, though I know a good amount of the entries I'm missing are evolutions that might not appear in the wild.

Team

Azalea the Meowscarada (Level 59)
Blob the Clodsire (Level 59)
Maple the Dachsbun (Level 59)
Gale the Kilowattrel (Level 59)
Coral the Palafin (Level 59)
Madam the Farigiraf (Level 59)

I guess I've now reached the end of my time playing this. I don't see any possible way I can continue unless I erase my current file and completely start over, which is obviously not what I want to do. Not my fault either, I think this is a bad oversight from GameFreak. :/

A real shame too, because I was enjoying this game. But I personally don't like hard games, so I'm out for this one.
I hit up Google: at least one guide out there suggested a Dark or Ghost type for Mismagius while using Rock types for her first three. I haven't gotten that far so I can't say for certain that will work. It's always worth a try. =/

Great. This sounds like an Elesa nightmare all over again. I am not looking forward to this. Why ya gotta cut my boi Golurk from the Paldea dex, GameFreak...?

I hit up Google: at least one guide out there suggested a Dark or Ghost type for Mismagius while using Rock types for her first three. I haven't gotten that far so I can't say for certain that will work. It's always worth a try. =/

Won't work when it terastillizes to Electric type. Not many Pokemon of those types are available to you at this point either (if you go to other areas to try to get one, it will be too hard to catch them or even if you do, they won't listen to you because of potentially being too high level). I've only seen one Ghost type and one Dark type. And only one Rock type too. GF did not think this one through. This is also why this game should've had level-scaling. Then I could try another gym or titan or Team Star Base instead or look for a different Pokemon to try using.

Won't work when it terastillizes to Electric type. Not many Pokemon of those types are available to you at this point either (if you go to other areas to try to get one, it will be too hard to catch them or even if you do, they won't listen to you because of potentially being too high level). I've only seen one Ghost type and one Dark type. And only one Rock type too. GF did not think this one through. This is also why this game should've had level-scaling. Then I could try another gym or titan or Team Star Base instead or look for a different Pokemon to try using.
Oof.

Yeah, they didn't seem to think this one through that well. I am now terrified of doing the Gym challenge.

On a side note: I grabbed shiny Pokémon number two last night. It's a Psyduck. I named him Howard.

Oof.

Yeah, they didn't seem to think this one through that well. I am now terrified of doing the Gym challenge.

On a side note: I grabbed shiny Pokémon number two last night. It's a Psyduck. I named him Howard.
Exactly. Literally no weaknesses as an Electric tera type with Levitate, and it can one-shot or near one-shot anything as soon as it starts using Charge Beam more than once. There really is no counter to this, not at that point in the game. If you can use Gravity or Smack Down to remove the Levitate effects and be able to hit Mismagius with a Ground move, that could help, but I've not found anything that can use those moves. And only having basically ONE way to counter is not fun at all regardless.

I've also always been of the opinion that the Electric type is OP and needs more weaknesses. It's always only been weak to Ground and nothing else. I would add Water and Steel to its weaknesses, personally. Water can short-circuit electrical stuff and there are plenty of metals that can conduct electricity. Yes, it'd seem odd for Water and Electric to be weak to each other, but we've already got Dragon and Ghost being super effective against themselves.

Exactly. Literally no weaknesses as an Electric tera type with Levitate, and it can one-shot or near one-shot anything as soon as it starts using Charge Beam more than once. There really is no counter to this, not at that point in the game. If you can use Gravity or Smack Down to remove the Levitate effects and be able to hit Mismagius with a Ground move, that could help, but I've not found anything that can use those moves. And only having basically ONE way to counter is not fun at all regardless.
Maybe try putting it to sleep so you can get some free hits in? Or put it on a clock with poison or burn?

Wait! You have only seen one Rock type.

You can find Rockruff, Klawf and Nacli before facing Iono... Mudbray is also available, which is also a good contender cuz its immune to Electric while its able to learn Rock moves.

Maybe try putting it to sleep so you can get some free hits in? Or put it on a clock with poison or burn?
I unfortunately don't have any of those moves either. Yet you'd think I would given that I've got two Grass types on the team. I brought them because they resist Electric. Maybe I can find a way to teach one or both of them Sleep Powder or something.

I don't actually want to quit the game permanently anyway, as I really was enjoying it until that point, despite having also lost to Nemona once (though only because she somehow got repeated critical hits on my team) as well as well as a couple regular trainers (one had a team of three level 14 Pokemon while my team was about the same level and the other was using annoying U-turn spam). I decided those were flukes and I beat those regular trainers the second time around. I'm just not sure at all how to continue.

Wait! You have only seen one Rock type.

You can find Rockruff, Klawf and Nacli before facing Iono... Mudbray is also available, which is also a good contender cuz its immune to Electric while its able to learn Rock moves.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Klawf and Nacli. I'm not interested in them though, tbh. I've not seen any wild Mudbray.

I guess I've now reached the end of my time playing this. I don't see any possible way I can continue unless I erase my current file and completely start over, which is obviously not what I want to do. Not my fault either, I think this is a bad oversight from GameFreak. :/ After defeating one titan as well as Brassius and Mela, I decided to go to Iono's gym next, but there's no way to beat her. She uses a Pokemon that when terastillized literally has no weaknesses and can quickly increase its sp. attack so it oneshots everything. Maybe other players got lucky somehow, but I'm not. Screw that, I have better things I could be doing than dealing with such BS. Not to mention I seem to be underleveled to some degree almost ALL the time anyway because leveling up in this game feels like such a chore. I battle all the trainers I can find too. And if there's one thing I never liked about Pokemon games, it's grinding. So like I said, I've got better things to do.

I think you may be too under leveled and need to do other tasks first, I followed a guide by Polygon on which order to do gym/titan/star base and it helped a lot since I’m never under leveled and over leveled if anything.

I think you may be too under leveled and need to do other tasks first, I followed a guide by Polygon on which order to do gym/titan/star base and it helped a lot since I’m never under leveled and over leveled if anything.
Actually, I was overleveled in this case. First time in the game this happened. My Pokemon are lv. 26 generally and hers is lv. 24.

Back
Top Bottom