• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

Oh very strange then, I think Pokémon type does matter for that match though. She would easily squash my Gabite and other ground types, it was only a grass type that beat her.

Got around to beating both the ghost and psychic gyms, Ortega the fairy boss for Team Star, the final false dragon titan, and battled Arven to finish off the Path of Legends quest last night. The ghost gym leader, Ryme, had a fun gym challenge before facing her, plus it was double battles which I haven't encountered at all before this. For the Team Star battle, Ortega was somewhat mid in difficulty for me, mainly because I didn't really have any moves or types to counter his team; I finally beat him though, and the exp. gained was worth it. Then I went back around to finally face the psychic gym leader Tulip, not much to comment on except that she was stupid easy to beat. I also quite like her design, she sort of reminds me of Diantha, in a way. Finally before turning in, I went ahead and challenged the false dragon titan, which is actually two Pokemon you need to fight surprisingly, and got the final herb. I'm just glad that there wasn't a sad ending to Arven's Mabosstiff, I was expecting it but was happily proven wrong. Anyway, after being called to the lab by Arven's father, I had to fight Arven to prove we're strong enough to meet up with his dad at Area Zero. His team kind of stumped me, lost three of my Pokemon to him because of his Scovillain, but I sort of cheesed it with my own Mabosstiff and luckily won. Now Path of Legends is finished, so far it's my favorite story of the three quests.

Today, I defeated the final Team Star boss Eri and defeated the final gym leader, Grusha. Both were also very easy, thanks to me having type advantage to both of their teams. Dachsbun made quick work of Eri's fighting type team, which as an aside she's now another Team Star boss I like, now I just need to fight Cassiopeia at the school tonight. The storyline for Starfall Street was pretty weak imo, I only liked 2/5 of the bosses, and the dark, fire, and poison type bosses had either boring or gaudy/ugly designs and I didn't really click with their mini flashbacks; Ortega and Eri though, their designs had personality fitting for them and their temperament, Ortega's flashback was a bit meh though, but Eri's I did like (plus her sweet friendship with one of the grunts). As for the final gym, the challenge was okay, the controls for sliding down the mountain were clunky and slow, making it one of the more boring ones. As for the gym leader himself, I love him as much as Iono! Though he was another stupid easy battle, Skeledirge made quick work of his team as well. I can say now that I like all of the gym leaders except the water guy, mainly cause I really don't like his personality and his design is a huge miss for me. Otherwise the rest are on point.

Aside from all of that, I grinded out a few more levels by wild and trainer battles and catching more Pokemon. I caught Dratini and Dreepy, both of which I was looking for. Evolved Dratini all the way to Dragonite (since she was already in the low 50's) and evolved Dreepy to Drakloak, will evolve her further tonight after grinding; then I'll finally battle Cassiopeia.

My current team (probably final):
Skeledirge lv. 63
Dragonite (nicknamed Tiki) lv. 57
Dachsbun (nicknamed Coco) lv. 62
Mabosstiff (nicknamed Daisy) lv. 62
Houndstone (nicknamed Beast VI) lv. 61
Drakloak (nicknamed Norberta) lv. 57

Did some exploration again last night, still in the South and East Province. Found a bunch of Wattrel but they're all over level 20, so I didn't get to catch any. At last I decided to go to the West Province to catch a Nymble first and found a Steel-Tera one in a Tera Den. I didn't plan to do raid again anytime soon, but I ended up doing it anyway. Caught her with a Dusk Ball at level 12 and named her Saltarada. Exploring a bit more and found a nicely leveled Wattrel with Volt Absorb. Caught her in a Nest Ball at level 18 and named her Pátrica. I also found my first Shiny in Paldea, it was a red Tarountula and I caught it with a critical capture. Have no intention of evolving it because the evolution is...well let's say the first form is a great deal better.

I also decided to finally went on with one of the story. Choosing to do the Rock Cliff titan first so that I can finally dash with my Miraidon. After that I went to the town where the Bug Gym is located. But after some pondering, I decided that I want to use Capsakid instead since it's a new type combo I've never used before, so I'll search for one before doing the Gym.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxwell (M) - Lv. 17 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Paldean Wooper (F) - Lv. 16 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatink (F) - Lv. 21 - Heal Ball
Rúleo the Charcadet (M) - Lv. 16 - Great Ball (Will be swaped with a Capsakid)
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 16 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 18 - Nest Ball

Not much happened yesterday. I went to the West Province and caught a male Capsakid named Pimaño. Then I explored more to find me a Fire Stone to evolve it, but didn't get lucky enough and decided to just went with it to Katy's Bug Gym. It wasn't hard, but my Pokémon did faint once or twice. After that I planned to go to the dark type Team Star base but ended up going to the East Province again because serebii said that you can find a Fire Stone there. Didn't find it, though, so I just went to the fire type base instead after some more exploration to find a Fire Stone (but still haven't found one yet).

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxell (M) - Lv. 21 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 21 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatink (F) - Lv. 23 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 20 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 22 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Capsakid (M) - Lv. 20 - Repeat Ball

Got a LOT done today. Probably my busiest day yet.

Episode 4: Badges and Evolutions Galore

First, Tina (Tinkatink) evolved into Tinkatuff. Then I made it to Lenvincina where I did a bit of shopping and and explored the city. Then I met up with the best girl, Iono!! I was so happy when they said her gym challenge was to join her in a stream. And I love how Clavell was part of the gym test, I certainly didn't expect that. The test went smoothly and Tanaranja (Tandemaus) evolved into Maushold after beating one of Iono's Pokemanic friendos. They are the Family of Four form which is what I was hoping they'd be. After finishing the test it was time to battle Iono.

I sent out Shrooran (Shroodle) first who took down her Wattrel with ease. After that I was shocked to see Bellibolt sent out next since I assumed that would be her last Pokemon. This one REALLY wore me down thanks to his ability. Tina got taken down and Tanaranja and Mija (Pawmo) were very weakened. Mija was able to finally take it down thanks to Dig and then did the same to Luxio. Then last came Iono's Mismagus which I was surprised to see what her last Pokemon. But then it dawned on me...the stupid thing has Levitate so of course that meant it had no weaknesses once Terastallized into an electric-type. And from here I got swept. The damn ghost kept boosting it's Special Attack with Charge Beam and defeating all of my Pokemon. And for some reason despite Iono literally destroying me with a Terastallized Pokemon, it I legit didn't even THINK to Terastalize my own Pokemon here. Idk how or why that didn't cross my mind considering I use it for random trainer battles all the time, but yeah. For some reason I just didn't Terastalize, and her Mismagus swept my team with Charge Beam and Hex. Had I just Terastallized I would have won.

And the reason I know that is because after she swept me I went RIGHT back to battle her again and won. I started with Shrooran again who took down Wattrel effortlessly again. I changed my strategy with Bellibolt and sent Mija out to deal with him right off the bat. It helped that being an electric-type herself, Iono didn't go for too many electric-type moves. Then I had Tina and Mija take down Luxio. Then FINALLY, I sent out Tanaranja against the Mismagius, TERASTALLIZED THEM, and beat Iono with a Super Fang - Double Hit combo. The Double Hit was just shy of getting me the win the first time, so yeah, I would have won in my first attempt if I'd Terasallized then.

Oh well, whatever. I love the photo I took with Iono for the badge.

Next, since I was close by, I decided to go on over to help Arven with the Titan Orthworm. This was the first I'd truly seen of this Pokemon and I knew nothing about it. Since I knew it was a steel-type, I thought I'd just have Mija go in and take it down with Dig quickly, only to discover it's Earth Eater ability and end up healing it of some Arm Thrust damage I'd done. So I basically decided to switch back to Arm Thrust and since most of wormy's moves were pretty weak, Mija nealy took it down before fainting. Tina and Charna (Charcadet) came in to clean up phase 1. During the second squabble, I had Lyran (Quaxwell just hammer at it with Low Sweep to slow it immensely. Then after he went down, I Terastallized Charna to take it down easily.

After winning, Arven gave me another badge and showed me that he's not a sneaky weirdo and he just wants to help his dying mutt with the Herba Mystica. Okay, well not sure why he had to be so secretive about it before, but whatever. I'm curious why that thing seems to be the only thing Arven likes meanwhile he just hates Koraidon who is way cuter than the ugly mutt, but you do you Arven. I'm glad I can now jump higher with Koraidon. Honestly I feel this helps so much with travel.

I decided to go to the nearby town of Zapapico because I learned that is where I need to get the item to evolve Charna. Along the way, Shrooran evolved (and it was literally right at the moment I was thinking that I was dreading the moment he evolved). Well, at least Grafaiai's in game model isn't as nasty looking as the official art. After looking up what I needed to do to get the damn evolution item I EVENTUALLY got it and Charna evolved into Armarouge.

So I finished the day with 2 badges and 3 evolutions. Not bad. I think my next step is to take on the Poision-Type Team Star base nearby.

After thinking on it some more, I decided to give Iono's battle another shot and I actually won. I did try something different, but also I got lucky because she didn't use Charge Beam at all this time. She spammed it like crazy before. I was able to just use a tanky Pokemon to beat Mismagius as a result. Sweetness.

I haven't posted my team yet, so here it is this time.

Daisy (Quaxwell) lv. 27
Bambi (Deerling) lv. 28
Pillsbury (Dachsbun) lv. 28
Pawmo lv. 27
Maschiff lv. 27
Dolliv lv. 27

Only three are nicknamed because I'm not sure the other three will be permanent team members. Dolliv won't since I've got Deerling for a Grass type. I know I definitely want to add a Ceruledge to my team, but I've yet to find a single Charcadet.

I started today knowing that this would likely be the final day of my journey, and man has it been one. I've been having so much fun with this game, and I'm very glad I've been breaking up the story with just exploring the region. I've seen so many cool things, and I'm sure there's many more I have yet to see. But, I think it's time to finish the main story. So, I went to take on Eri and the Fighting type Team Star squad straight away, and dang, I have never had such mixed feelings about taking down the "evil" team of the game. But alas, it must be done, so I took Eri down, and learned Cassipeia's true role in all this.

Before I go take on Team Star's final boss, I decided I wanted to defeat the last Titan and take on the Pokemon League first. So, I went down to Casseroya Lake and took on the False Dragon Titan. It was so funny just walking up and seeing a slightly larger Tatsugiri, who is a tiny little fish. Then it just gets eaten by a Dondozo. I love the little touch of having to do an extra stage after taking down Dodonzo where you have to take down Tatsugiri alone. After finishing up with the little sushi friend, we celebrated with some sandwiches and healed Mabostiff.

Next, I went to challenge the Elite 4, and this might be my favorite Elite 4. I do wish they had different rooms to give the room a little theming, but the characters more than make up for it. I love their dynamic, and oh my gosh Hassel becoming a blubbering mess after you beat him was just adorable. After enjoying the group's dynamics, I went to take down Geeta. But the real battle was the one with Nemona. I was quite surprised to hear Geeta say that it looked like Nemona was holding back when she battled her. So, I decided to give Nemona a real battle. Usually, I'm not against healing mid battle and everything in order to maximize my experience, but I decided I wouldn't heal this time (also I did quite a bit of training before so I wasn't worried about losing the extra experience). And I have to say, that was the most fun I've had with a Pokemon battle, probably ever. That little cut scene at the end was so sweet too.

I went to leave the school and was surprised by Director Clavell who proclaimed himself as Cassiopeia and challenged me to a battle. I was actually kind of surprised by his appearance seeing as it wasn't night time. Still, we battled and after I defeated him he admitted he wasn't actually the person from the phone. So, I waited for night time to set then went up to the schoolyard where I was met with Penny, who admitted she was the mastermind behind all of this. I made quick work of her team of Eeveelutions, then had my heart nearly broken by the end of the Team Star story, but I was glad to see that Team Star was able to remain, and the team of friends got to stay together. This team definitely might beat Team Skull as my favorite Team.

After finishing up with Team Star, I went down to meet Arven at the lighthouse where we first met, and where Professor Sada's lab is located. In there, I learned that Sada is living down in area Zero, and something definitely seems to be up. She asks us to recruit a team for our journey down the Crater, so we recruit Nemona and Penny. Legit, I would literally play this whole entire game again (and definitely will at some point) JUST to witness the dynamics between this crew. I kept having to pause our descent just so I could read the dialogue. As we went down further, things kept getting creepier and creepier, and it became clear there was something up with Sada. We also encountered ancient Pokemon on our way down, and I have definitely grown to love these guys. It was also so sad to see how scared Koraidon was of the place. Poor little guy.

When we reached the lab, we were forced to split up, and I went in the lab and was met with Professor Sada's AI, and she admitted to me that the real Professor Sada had passed away. And dang- I was NOT expecting that. Since the Professor's introduction, I definitely felt like there was something off about them, but I was not expecting them to be that dedicated to their research, I also did not expect them to be dead. Poor Arven baby. The AI told me I had to destroy the Time Machine that Professor Sada dedicated her life to, so I went ahead and did so. I have to say, I really like how no one was truly bad in this game, except for maybe the deceased Professor. But every boss that I fought was not a bad guy. Though there were a lot of twists, there were no real twist villains. After taking down the AI's team of Ancient Pokemon, she thanked me for my help, and even told Arven how proud she was of him which made me tear up. But then, the protocol took over. With all my other Pokemon unusable, I had to call out Koraidon to take on the final Pokemon, the other Koraidon living in the Crater. At first, I thought it was impossible, but then I was able to terastilize my Koraidon and we made quick work of the other Koraidon after that. After that, we had to head back out. I was sobbing by the end of it, watching as the group of friends walked away from the crater. I love these kids so much, and I think this story has taken its spot as my favorite in the series.

Final Team:

Azalea the Meowscarada (Level 72)
Blob the Clodsire (Level 72)
Maple the Dachsbun (Level 72)
Gale the Kilowattrel (Level 72)
Coral the Palafin (Level 72)
Madam the Farigiraf (Level 72)

Ran into my first shiny yesterday! It was a Drifloon that I nicknamed "Balloony" at the request of my girlfriend.

As for progress, I'm 3/8 through gyms (Bug, Grass, Water), 1/5 through Starfall Street (Dark), and 3/5 through Titans (Rock, Flying, Ground). I don't have a final team yet, but I'm rotating through the following Pokemon as I explore Paldea:

Cristian the Crocalor (Lv 35)
Jenny the Paldean Quagsire (Lv 31)
Edison the Bellibolt (Lv 27)
Rivian the Cyclizar (Lv 27)
Minecraft the Nacilstack (Lv 27)
Olivio the Dolliv (Lv 27)
Baguette the Dachsbun (Lv 27)
Shamu the Palafin (Lv 26)
Bad Boy the Scyther (Lv 26)
Krabble the Klawf (Lv 26)
Bramblin the Bramblin (Lv 25)
Flamii the Flamigo (Lv 24)
Wugtrio the Wigglet (Lv 21) (I predicted the name of its evolution before i found it out)
Tina the Tinkatink (Lv 20)
Massey the Maschiff (Lv 20)
Carlos the Charcadet (Lv 19)
Big Chungus the Oinkologne (Lv 18)
Scrooge the Shrewdle (Lv 18)

I know that's like, every new Pokemon I've seen so far, but I want to go through and see all the evolutions! And with progress being so open, sometimes you might need lower-level Pokemon to avoid being too overleveled for one specific area.

I’ve been taking it slowly so far. I’ve cleared Katy and Brassius’s gyms. My Vivillon, Monarch, has been the star of the gym challenge, taking down 5 of the 6 Pokémon. I also took out the Klawf Titan without too much trouble. Next up will probably be the first team star base. I’m rotating my team right now, so my only “permanent” member is my Crocalor, which I named “Lafitte.” (After Lafitte the Instigator, the former mascot of the University of New Orleans)

Not much happened yesterday. I went to the West Province and caught a male Capsakid named Pimaño. Then I explored more to find me a Fire Stone to evolve it, but didn't get lucky enough and decided to just went with it to Katy's Bug Gym. It wasn't hard, but my Pokémon did faint once or twice. After that I planned to go to the dark type Team Star base but ended up going to the East Province again because serebii said that you can find a Fire Stone there. Didn't find it, though, so I just went to the fire type base instead after some more exploration to find a Fire Stone (but still haven't found one yet).

My team at the end:
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 21 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatink (F) - Lv. 23 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 20 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 22 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Capsakid (M) - Lv. 20 - Repeat Ball

I got to play a short session yesterday and finally found the Fire Stone. It's not in the southern part of East Province Area Two like serebii said, but rather in the northern part along the river. I used it immediately to evolve Pimaño and then challenge the fire crew team base. Got no problem with the grunt battle thanks to Haaku and Mayura, but I was quite underleveled when it comes to Mela. I managed to defeat her Torkoal, but that Revavroom's speed boost move is rather scary. I ended up challenging Braxius first and Pimaño managed to sweep his entire team with ease. After defeating him I might go West once again to challenge the dark crew base or the other titan there.

My team at the end:
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 22 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatuff (F) - Lv. 24 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 21 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 23 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 21 - Repeat Ball

Won't work when it terastillizes to Electric type. Not many Pokemon of those types are available to you at this point either (if you go to other areas to try to get one, it will be too hard to catch them or even if you do, they won't listen to you because of potentially being too high level). I've only seen one Ghost type and one Dark type. And only one Rock type too. GF did not think this one through. This is also why this game should've had level-scaling. Then I could try another gym or titan or Team Star Base instead or look for a different Pokemon to try using.
You can literally catch Cyclizar en route to Levinicia, that are a) immune to Hex and b) resist Charge Beam; really, Cyclizar pretty much can handle her entire team if you let it. The same thing can be said of the Smoliv line, regarding Mismagius. There's also Toedscool as well, who does better than Smoliv against it.

Mismagius can be difficult, but to say that Game Freak/whomever didn't supply players with answers to it is simply untrue. Especially if you take the time to go and explore other areas within reason (not the areas that are too high in level); technically, you can even have a Quiver Dancing Lilligant by that point and sweep her team that way too. I do agree with you about level scaling, though.

Finally beat the main game last night.

Went to the school to face off against Team Star's leader but had to battle Clavell first, was a bit difficult but nothing too hard at least. Afterwards I went up to the courtyard to finally face the leader, and I already had a feeling that the leader was Penny, was proven right. Her battle was easy unfortunately, but I did like her all eeveelution team. Still kind of meh as a character though, and it didn't really do much for me in regards to Team Star as a whole, aside from Ortega and Eri whom I already like anyway, and the story for it was still very weak imo. At least I finally completed the Starfall Street quest.

Afterwards I did a lot more grinding before facing the League. I did like the little interview portion before the challenge, was a quirky and fun thing to do lol. Anyway the E4 themselves weren't too difficult, I'd say I only had slight difficulty with Rika due to the type she specializes in. It was pretty cool seeing Larry as a member as well, he's one of the best characters. And of course, the battle with Nemona after the League challenge was fun as usual.

Now I'm not sure if I'll do anything else in this playthrough. I'll be playing Scarlet next and that's going to be my "main file" so to speak, with Violet only being used for replays to try out different teams and whatnot. Plus, it's essentially my "trial" run in trying out a few new Pokemon with some older ones and to see what to expect when I put more effort and seriousness in Scarlet. But we'll see I guess! I do know that for Scarlet I'll be picking my favorite starter, Sprigatito.

My team (Violet, first playthrough):
Skeledirge lv. 75
Dragonite (nicknamed Tiki) lv. 70
Dachsbun (nicknamed Coco) lv. 75
Mabosstiff (nicknamed Daisy) lv. 76
Houndstone (nicknamed Beast VI) lv. 74
Dragapult (nicknamed Norberta) lv. 70

You can literally catch Cyclizar en route to Levinicia, that are a) immune to Hex and b) resist Charge Beam; really, Cyclizar pretty much can handle her entire team if you let it. The same thing can be said of the Smoliv line, regarding Mismagius. There's also Toedscool as well, who does better than Smoliv against it.

Mismagius can be difficult, but to say that Game Freak/whomever didn't supply players with answers to it is simply untrue. Especially if you take the time to go and explore other areas within reason (not the areas that are too high in level); technically, you can even have a Quiver Dancing Lilligant by that point and sweep her team that way too. I do agree with you about level scaling, though.
You're late, I already posted that I beat her by doing something else. Sorry.

While I'm in here though, I now have four gym badges and have taken care of two titans and two Team Star bases. I also finally got a Charcadet and am working on being able to evolve it! I have my full permanent team too, at least for now.

Daisy (Quaxwell) lv. 31
Bambi (Deerling) lv. 32
Mayula (Charcadet) lv. 22
Pillsbury (Dachsbun) lv. 32
Banana (Flittle) lv. 26
Jerry (Pawmo) lv. 31

Last edited:
You're late, I already posted that I beat her by doing something else. Sorry.
No need to apologize as it’s never too late to learn or in some cases be corrected. And the beauty of an online forum is that my comment, or any comment, can be of value to anyone who reads it at whatever time they do. Especially people who may have your earlier stated mentality.

No need to apologize as it’s never too late to learn or in some cases be corrected. And the beauty of an online forum is that my comment, or any comment, can be of value to anyone who reads it at whatever time they do. Especially people who may have your earlier stated mentality.
I suppose this is true, yes. Your attempt to help me is appreciated.

I didn't do as much yesterday, but I got a LOT of lore from the next Team Star boss, which only makes me more interested in seeing more of them.

Episode 5: Atticus of the Navi Squad

So yesterday wasn't as busy as Wednesday, but I did get something major done. But before I get to that, I completely forgot to mention that last time, after I defeated Iono, one of the academy teachers, Hassel showed up. And then this man just causally reveals he's an Elite Four members! Like bro, the literal E4 are teachers at the academy? I sure didn't expect that. But moving on, I was alerted that some new classes opened up at the academy so of course I decided to go take some classes, including Hassel's art classes (where I was surprised to see Penny actually in class) and some language classes with a very dapper looking gentleman. :p

After I got my education, I headed back to my Treasure Hunt. After Titan Orthworm, next in my path was battling Atticus of Team Star's Navi Crew. I was really surprised to see Atticus's compadre showing up to battle me instead of any grunts. The lore of Team Star is really intriguing. I assumed no one really liked them, but it turns out that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm also stunned that it is ONLY NOW, that Clavell (I mean CLIVE) is talking about expelling these people. Like bro, why didn't you do that before????

I charged the base and had no issue taking out the grunts in the auto battles. Since the Navi squad are Poison specialists, I brought in Shrooran (Grafaiai), Tina (Tinkatuff), and Charna (Armarouge) since she'd newly evolved into a Psychic type. These are also the 3 that didn't get to participate in the last Team Star auto battles so now everyone has had a chance. When it was time to battle Atticus, I lost the first battle, but it was SOOOOO close. If not for a crit I could have beat him.

My team is a few levels lower than his team, but it wasn't unmanageable so I chose not to grind for a rematch. I went back to rematch him and I started with Tina. I realized in the first battle that Atticus's Skuntank can only hit Tina with Sucker Punch, so I used Baby Doll Eyes to get around that. I then took it down with a billion or so Metal Claws. (Like I said, I was pretty under leveled). In my first battle I noticed his team of 4, so I was stunned when it said Revroom was coming out next. But then it turned out he just had a tiny one. Charna took it out pretty easily. Next was his bulky Muk which I took down through the combined efforts of Charna, Lyran (Quaxwell), Tanaranja (Maushold) and Mija (Pawmo). Last I sent out Tina again to take on his actual big Revroom and after using the Baby Doll Eyes strategy combined with her Rocky Helmet, she was able to beat it after a single Metal Claw. Seriously, the thing nearly took itself out from Rocky Helmet using only Flame Charge.

After my victory, Atticus's compadre showed up begging him to return to school so he and the rest of Team Star wouldn't be expelled. And of course Clavell now realizes the issue with bullying that's been going on in the school. I mean, I guess the academy is huge, I suppose it isn't too hard for him to miss these types of things. Penny then showed up again to explain that most of these Team Star members were actually all victims of bullying themselves and tried to help other bullied students. Why then do the other grunts try to bully other students into joining them? Weird, but I did like the scene of Koraidon licking Penny's face. :LOL:

After leaving, I found a wild Grafaiai with the Bug Tera type, but I failed to catch her. But it's fine considering I have Shrooran who has a rare Tera Type (Fairy).

The next closest tasks to me are another Team Star Base and the two gyms in Glasseado. I think I'll likely just do the next base on the ground (if I can), then trek my way up the mountain for the next two gyms.

A bit of an update for me. So far I’ve got:

5 gym badges
Defeated 3 titans
Defeated 3 team star bases
Caught over 200 Pokémon

My actual team is the size of a football team since I need to constantly cycle through Pokémon to avoid being over leveled, but the main team is:

Quacaval lv. 38
Meowscarada lv. 38
Skeledirge lv. 38
Shelgon lv. 40
Pawmot lv. 38
Tinkatuff lv. 38

Even though we can technically go anywhere and challenge any place I found an article on Polygon that listed the best order to follow so that you will be the correct level.

Next up is the Ghost type gym for me and my Skeledirge, Meowscarada and Ceruledge will be my team plus 1 more (I like to keep it equal to the amount the gym leader has).

I got to play a short session yesterday and finally found the Fire Stone. It's not in the southern part of East Province Area Two like serebii said, but rather in the northern part along the river. I used it immediately to evolve Pimaño and then challenge the fire crew team base. Got no problem with the grunt battle thanks to Haaku and Mayura, but I was quite underleveled when it comes to Mela. I managed to defeat her Torkoal, but that Revavroom's speed boost move is rather scary. I ended up challenging Braxius first and Pimaño managed to sweep his entire team with ease. After defeating him I might go West once again to challenge the dark crew base or the other titan there.

My team at the end:
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 22 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatuff (F) - Lv. 24 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Nymble (F) - Lv. 21 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Wattrel (F) - Lv. 23 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 21 - Repeat Ball

Didn't do too much yesterday. I planned to go to the Open Air Titan but ended up in Mesagoza, so I took that chance to take some classes. After that I made my way to the titan and caught my second shiny: a Skiddo. I'm glad I noticed that one because at first I just thought it's the night lighting that made it look white. Finally I defeated the titan, which is quite easy as my team is overlevelled, and learned more about Arven and his goal, which kinda touched me tbh.

My team at the end:
Mayura the Quaxell (M) - Lv. 24 - Poké Ball
Haaku the Clodsire (F) - Lv. 25 - Net Ball
Orth the Tinkatuff (F) - Lv. 26 - Heal Ball
Saltarada the Lokix (F) - Lv. 24 - Dusk Ball
Pátrica the Kilowattrel (F) - Lv. 25 - Nest Ball
Pimaño the Scovillain (M) - Lv. 24 - Repeat Ball

Happy Thanksgiving U.S.A. based Bulbagardeners. :bulbaLove:On this lovely holiday I had a lot of free time to make some progress, so I did just that.

Episode 6: Gym Battles and Midterms

Last time I battled and beat Atticus of the Navi Squad. My intention was to go to what I thought was another nearby Team Star base, but it seems the base is actually on high elevation which I can't get to yet. However, I noticed that I was close to Glasseado, though I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get there without being able to climb or fly yet. But I attempted it and...lo and behold I made it. I was surprised how there wasn't any need for Koraidon's advanced skills to get up there. So, with my mission from day one being to get my Ice-type gym badge as soon as possible, I decided my next move was to battle Grusha.

Nemona of course met up with me and we had a quick battle on the gym battlefield. Her only new addition was a Rockruff, but her Pokemon were quite lower leveled than mine so the battle was pretty easy. Grusha on the other hand was not. I figured this gym was intended to be one of the last we're meant to face, but I didn't care. I wanted to get that Ice Type gym badge as my 3rd so that's what I was going to do. So I challenged Grusha and I think I joked that his Pokemon would be at live level 47 or something....only to find out that they actually were. My team was leveled in the early 30s! So yeah, being that I was over 10 levels weaker than him, I got beat pretty easily. Multiple times in fact. So I went to train on the mountain, which was also hard since naturally my team was much weaker than the nearby trainers and wild Pokemon. But I didn't want to grind too too much, because I didn't want to be too massively overleveled for the other tasks I still need to complete. Most of my training was through auto battles with unevolved Pokemon.

Eventually Lyran (Quaxwell) evolved into Quaquaval and OMG can I say I think this is hands down my new favorite starter line ever. I never thought they'd be able to surpass Samurott as my fav water-type starter line, but I think Quaxly blew them out of the water easily, no pun intended. Bro, Quaquaval is so damn cool. I love how he dances around in battle. And when I was training for auto battles, Lyran kept running around gleefully in circles. I adore him so much. Tina (Tinkatuff) also evolved into Tinkaton, giving us another much needed power boost.

After we'd reached the high 30s for levels, I decided to challenge Grusha again. I started with Charna (Armarouge) against his Frosmoth and she easily oneshot it with her new Lava Plume. Next I switched to Lyran for Beartic and while he took a lot of damage, a few Low Sweeps took the bear down eventually. I sent Charna out against Cetitan simply to lower its attack with Wil-o-whisp she was able to do a bit of damage with Lava Plume, but since she kept taking hits and her HP got low she didn't do too much damage and eventually went down. I sent out Mija (Pawmo) next and a single Low Kick on the heavy behemoth nearly took it down. A follow up Thunder Fang did the job. Last I sent out Tina against his Altaria and Terastallized her. Her brand new Gigaton Hammer move did a huge chunk of damage, while Hurricane barely did a thing to Tina. A Play Rough finished off the bird giving us our 3rd gym badge. The earliest Ice gym badge I've ever gotten and I couldn't be happier.

My work wasn't done after beating Grusha though. I saw that some new classes opened up so I went to go study only to learn that each class had their midterms as our next class. I decided to go ahead and take them...and bruh, Idk how I did it, but I got a perfect score on each test!!! I mean I remembered most answers from the previous classes, but some I literally couldn't remember and had to guess on. I ALWAYS did poorly in the history class a fully expected to only get 2 answers correct, but I got them all right! Hooray :bulbaWave:

I've got a Ceruledge now, as well as five gym badges, three titans defeated, and two Team Star bases cleared. My Quaxwell also evolved. Now I'm trying to evolve my Pawmo. Having to get 1000 steps with it in the Let's Go feature is such a chore though, especially since you can't keep track of these steps.

I must say the Medali gym test is by far the trickiest one I've done at this point tho. Not counting the battles, just the tests.

I've got a Ceruledge now, as well as five gym badges, three titans defeated, and two Team Star bases cleared. My Quaxwell also evolved. Now I'm trying to evolve my Pawmo. Having to get 1000 steps with it in the Let's Go feature is such a chore though, especially since you can't keep track of these steps.

I must say the Medali gym test is by far the trickiest one I've done at this point tho. Not counting the battles, just the tests.
It doesn’t actually need to be with the let’s go feature. You just press ZR to release them from their Pokeball then you run around with them, maybe do a few laps of a city. That’s all they need!

Back
Top Bottom