• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

Oh, okay. Got it. Thanks!
You're welcome!

My Farigiraf unfortunately came with Normal for its Tera Type, instead of the much better Psychic. Finally, my Tera Raids have yielded results, as I gathered enough Psychic Tera Shards to change it from Normal to Psychic. Now also considering changing my Tinkaton's Tera Type from Steel to Fairy.

I completed the main story in Scarlet Friday.

The final battle with AI Sada was intense. I thought I was going to breeze right through it when Slither Wing and Scream Tail kept using Psychic-type attacks on Kuro while his Illusion was activated. But it got much more difficult after that. I don't recall the exact details, but I do remember being down to just Lynx and badly beat up Magnifica against Flutter Mane and Roaring Moon. I thought I was done for, but then I saw a way out; I Terastalized Lynx into a Normal-type and made Flutter Mane's Ghost attacks useless. One Psychic finished it off, and then Lynx one-shot Roaring Moon with a Dazzling Gleam.

Now I'm focusing on raising a new team for the postgame.

At exactly 3 weeks, it's the longest I've taken for any Pokemon game since I got back into the franchise with Black and White over a decade ago. I really enjoyed this game, and I'm seriously considering getting Violet in the future.

It's been quite some time since my last update, huh?

I've got all 18 badges now, although the struggle to beat Eri in the Starfall Street path ended in me overpreparing myself with a Level 70+ team and several Chople Berries (on account of 4/6 of my team being weak to Fighting-types). It took me three attempts before I finally took down her Caph Starmobile. Natually, I've cleared all three paths and defeated Arven, Cassiopeia (both Clavell and Penny) and the Paldean League, and completed the final chapter The Way Home. It almost feels the party system in the older Final Fantasy games pre-VII, given you get Nemona, Arven, and Penny as guests. Four party members, and 25 Pokémon between us, including Miraidon, even if they only help you in certain battles.

I also found and caught two more Shiny Pokémon near where the False Dragon Titans reside: Scyther and Gulpin. I plan on evolving the former into Kleavor when possible as I already have a Shiny Scizor imported from Pokémon GO.

And yeah, the Zoroark in my team was the Zoruisu I mentioned in my previous post. He wasn't supposed to be in the main party (given I also had a Zoroark in my PLA team), but he did help me with several badges in the end. Illusion is a good Ability to have in this game.

Skeledirge ♂: Level 77
Sawsbuck ♂: Level 76 (Winter)
Kilowattrel ♀: Level 76
Zoroark ♂: Level 76
Cetitan ♀: Level 76
Glimmora ♀: Level 76

PS: Although I intend to have the Pokédex finished as much as possible without trading, I have no intentions of evolving any Primeape or Bisharp until I can legitimately evolve Stantler and Ursaring. I've already evolved Dunsparce and Girafarig, and currently focused on evolving Gimmighoul.

Last edited:
I have five gym badges now. Splitting my party in two seems to have helped prevent overleveling, so I'm pleased with that. It's also helped me fill out the Pokédex since I'm always carrying around 3-4 random others.

I've been doing pretty well with following the level caps of each area. The only fight where I had gone in underleveled was against Iron Treads, who managed to sweep my entire party 3 times before I managed to defeat it.

My current team consists of Meowscarada, Ceruledge, Tinkaton, Toedscruel, Garganacl and Gimmighoul. They're all freshly evolved, aside from the obvious exception. My coin count is above 950 by this point, so I should have Gimmighoul evolved pretty soon.

And my party, once again, seems to be full of Ghost and Grass types, because of course it is.

As an aside, it's baffling to me that Gimmighoul doesn't appear to learn Pay Day; it's a literal chest of money, so :wynaut:?

While continuing to fill up my Pokedex and stuff, I found my third shiny at last! It's a Swablu that I named Nugget because it's gold and stays gold after evolving. lol I may have also failed a shiny Veluza though, as I saw what I think was a shiny one right as I flew off to another area... -_-

I'm also still looking for and finding the glowing dark stakes in the ground, and I've located two glowing doors that have legendary Pokemon behind them. But I still can't open them yet, and I still can't for the life of me find the other two doors. lol I'm probably gonna look that up. I feel like I've been in every nook and cranny of the region now.

I'm also still looking for and finding the glowing dark stakes in the ground, and I've located two glowing doors that have legendary Pokemon behind them. But I still can't open them yet, and I still can't for the life of me find the other two doors. lol I'm probably gonna look that up. I feel like I've been in every nook and cranny of the region now.
If you talk with Raifort in the entrance hall enough times after completing all of her classes, she'll mark all of the doors on your map. This also allows you to directly fly to them with Flying Taxi once you've visited them.

If you talk with Raifort in the entrance hall enough times after completing all of her classes, she'll mark all of the doors on your map. This also allows you to directly fly to them with Flying Taxi once you've visited them.
Oh okay, cool to know. Thanks! I'll do that next time I'm playing.

I beat the Elite Four and Nemona yesterday, now I'm off to the Great Crater. I also managed to find and defeat every single Trainer in Paldea with a handy map. Final team:

lvl. 69 | Skeledirge
lvl. 68 | Kilowattrel
lvl. 68 | Tinkaton
lvl. 68 | Palafin
lvl. 68 | Arctibax
lvl. 68 | Kingambit

Fun story which I don't remember if I mentioned here yet: I found a Shiny Snorunt in my fourth day of playing. This is by far the earliest I've ever gotten a Shiny in a new save game and the first time I got one during the main story (not counting guaranteed ones) since that Shiny Seel way back in SoulSilver.

And it's female. Obviously I evolved this into Froslass and sent it to my sister since she's a big Froslass fan.

Played more after ages, cleared one more of each section. I wish this game had level scaling, cause I went into the dark base and water gym and was fairly overleveled for them. Stuff like that you just miss and it’s kinda annoying having to figure out the optimal order so you don’t break the game balance. But I was using my b-squad so ig it wasn’t too bad. I also might’ve ended up in the last gym town by accident, but who knows. Being underlevelled is kinda fun. Also I previewed Spirgatio’s final form in a raid and not a fan at all. What did they do it? I think I know Quaxly’s too and not a fan of that either. Also I don’t think Pawmo evolves, which is a bummer cause I don’t like it and it seems like a middle stage evo to me. I did get what I presume is the psuedo legend, the second evo is cool (literally lol). So keen for that one. Overall the game is fun but can feel like a checklist at times, but let’s see how the final stretch plays out. Glad I went into this blind, it’s more fun for me

Also I don’t think Pawmo evolves, which is a bummer cause I don’t like it and it seems like a middle stage evo to me.
It actually does evolve. You just need to have it take 1000 steps in Let's Go mode (the steps do not have to be consecutive) and then level it up to trigger it. One trick I've seen people use to achieve this is sending out the Pokémon you want to evolve, climbing onto the edge of a Pokémon Center's rooftop, and letting the Pokémon walk in circles beneath you for a while. Helped me to achieve it, at least, even if it is a lengthy process.

Got through the tutorial with my Sprigatito named Miles Prower, went to South 3 caught a Dark Tera Type Charcadet named Hot Blade (for Ceruledge) and caught a Nacli named Pepper a few steps away.

I beat all eight gyms and am currently running around Casseroya Lake, just... exploring, I guess. I have the last titan and last Team Star base to complete before I'm done.

I also unlocked what seems to be a legendary side quest, so that's neat. Finding all 32 (?) stakes around the region sounds like a nightmare, but I'll probably finish that up after the league is done.

Did a lot, including getting a shiny Drednaw named Bowser that I saved before and after caturing. Sadly, the rest of my progress today, including the Open Sky Titan, was lost in a crash.

It actually does evolve. You just need to have it take 1000 steps in Let's Go mode (the steps do not have to be consecutive) and then level it up to trigger it. One trick I've seen people use to achieve this is sending out the Pokémon you want to evolve, climbing onto the edge of a Pokémon Center's rooftop, and letting the Pokémon walk in circles beneath you for a while. Helped me to achieve it, at least, even if it is a lengthy process.
Yeah just saw it in game. Thanks for that, I was confused cause mine’s level 41 rn. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the evo unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom