• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

Grusha is down for the count, shoutouts to Pawniard who swept Beartic and Altaria despite being underlevelled. It took me several tries and teaching low kick, I used Talonflame, Pawmo, Arctibax and Pawniard here. Needed held items too. Appreciate the level jump with strong coverage/priority on his pokemon. The last matchup was close as, I got Altaria down to red and hurricane put me around 20% and confused me. Pawniard them itself incl confusion and I thought I was gone hut he missed the next hurricane (not sure why he used it) and it snapped out of confusion right there for the W. Great time with all the gym battles so far

So far I've evolved two Pokémon. One of which (my Sylveon) swept the entire bug type gym by himself.

2112349A-592A-4EA5-8814-D95FF26D9FFB.jpeg

18799AAC-02C0-4EB6-AC92-FA2A8C05AC12.jpeg

57638F21-88B4-4610-8782-63AA0E907A12.jpeg

I just beat the rock/ground titan, I think I did some a titan out of order because this one was incredibly easy to beat compared to the first titan I went against. I've honestly been taking my time and have been exploring everywhere and catching Pokemon.

I'm going to start my second playthrough of the game soon, so I'm thinking I'll chronicle my journey in this thread? Having beat the game once, I think I can revisit the region at my own pace.

Beat Ortega today. I like this kid, he’s like Bede so I was keen to battle him. He was a bit easier than I expected, I somehow managed to get him down to Revaroom with underlevelled pokemon weak to fairy types. But with reserves it became easier, was still underlevelled but I think type matchups are better now. Skeledirge almost solo’d revaroom after taking out his 3rd mon. Think I’m at a point where I don’t need a full team for the raid battle part, which will hopefully make Eri mroe exciting. Also breezed the sky titan so done with path of legends. But goddamn, Arven swept me. Was not expecting level 60s. Think he’s more than ready to go into area zero hahah. Keen to finish the other 2 stories, just got psychic gym and Eri left

Haven't said anything in here in a while, I've mainly just been doing Pokedex filling. But I'm almost halfway there I think. Also very close to unlocking some of the other legendaries. Those dark stakes can be hard to find. I feel I'm going too slow on it though lol. I want to pick up the pace a bit.

I've also managed to get some Scarlet exclusives through raids, hopefully I can get a few more that way if not through trading at some point. Anyone feel like higher level raids are just down to luck more than anything though? Because sometimes it seems like I get very bad allies and we get demolished, and other times I get some who actually seem to know what they're doing and we win easily. And yes, I play with actual players for these, not NPCs. And I never had this kind of issue with Sword/Shield raids. Kind of annoying...

I have beat all eight gym leaders, granted I did it in a weird order and now I'm going to through and beat Team Star and go through the titans as well. I'm really pleased with the game despite the glitches. I also want to complete my pokedex.

Thought I'd join in with the fun now that I've started Violet.

I've picked the cute kitty kat Sprigatito as my starter. The last two regions I picked the fire starter so this time I went with the grass type for a change and I've already made buds with a Lechonk, Tarountula, Fidough, Fletchling and a Pawmi.

With SwSh I've been catching a variety of different Pokémon but depending on how things go I think I may do an Ash Ketchum and have my team be mostly Paldea related (no promises though). Gotta fill in his shoes since he won't be around once the anime heads on there.

I've now caught all the ruin legendaries and am progressing more on that Pokedex! I also found a shiny Dratini on New Year's Eve. Year of the Dragon is 2024 I hear, not 23, but still pretty nice. lol

Finally got a chance to play again. Honestly didn’t do much, just beat Eri now trying to grind for E4/Arven/Clavell. My pokemon are only 50s now so we’ve got a way to go. The issue was using so many reserves made me underlevelled across the board. I could use exp candies to catch up (have a bunch) but it feels wrong for some reason. I’ll see how I go. But I think I’ve finalised my team for now, it’s Skeledirge, Pawmot (kinda op ngl), Bisharp, Salamence, Arctibax and Grimmsnarl. Hope Arctibax evolves soon but not sure atm

Finally got a chance to play again. Honestly didn’t do much, just beat Eri now trying to grind for E4/Arven/Clavell. My pokemon are only 50s now so we’ve got a way to go. The issue was using so many reserves made me underlevelled across the board. I could use exp candies to catch up (have a bunch) but it feels wrong for some reason. I’ll see how I go. But I think I’ve finalised my team for now, it’s Skeledirge, Pawmot (kinda op ngl), Bisharp, Salamence, Arctibax and Grimmsnarl. Hope Arctibax evolves soon but not sure atm
Follow up, ended up beating it yesterday. Weird feeling being done with the game, I enjoyed it. But I am content with pokemon games now and don’t see myself playing more for the foreseeable future (just gotten busier this year)

I wanna shoutout my goated team of Skeledirge, Pawmot, Bisharp, Salamence, Grimmsnarl and Baxcalibur who did most (if not all) of those heavy battles late game. But also the reserves who were there along the way, ie Grafrai (main mon but didn’t use for those battles), Ceruledge, Dragapult, Noivern, Corviknight, Talonflame, Copperajah, Sandaconda, Eelektross, Slaking. There’s bunch and I loved playing like this. Being underlevelled made it more enjoyable and by the end I was all caught up anyway

I added a Kilowattrel (Stormwing) to my team and continued the story with the last three titans, Medali Gym, Casscarafa Gym, and I was able to do some raids to get exp candies and buffed Kilowattrel to lv 56 with too many rare candies. Also able to get Pawmo's evolution out of the way,

Last edited:
Over the New Year, I've rematched the gym leaders, evolved a Gimmighoul into Gholdengo, and completed the Academy Ace Tournament. I'd say this is the real Elite Four rematch for this game (at least for now). My Dex is currently at 367 seen, 306 caught, and I'm working on winning 15 Five-Star Tera raids to unlock Six-Star before the Cinderace repeat this weekend. Again, I still refuse to evolve Bisharp and Primape until I can evolve Stantler and Ursaring, but I intent to obtain Kingambit and Annihilape via raids.

I've begun surprise trading, mainly throwing in Scyther and Slowpoke with Metal Coats and King's Rocks respectively to help others register Scizor/Slowking, and so I can register the occasional Scarlet exclusives (I did, including a Slither Wing)

I have obtained three new Shiny Pokémon: Nacli (at the South Province Area Three, near Mesagoza), Mukrow (near Porto Marinada's Pokémon Center), and J-Sneasel (now a Weavile; inside Area Zero, where Iron Valiant spawns), all without the use of sandwiches.

I hope they announce a set of DLCs at next month's annual Pokémon Presents. Glitches aside, I've really enjoyed playing Violet, and would love to see more of what Paldea has to offer. Also, I hope the link with Pokémon GO is soon, and the Golden PokéStops and Gimmighoul return (with Kecleon hiding on some of the Stops).

Skeledirge ♂: Level 82
Sawsbuck ♂: Level 82 (Winter)
Kilowattrel ♀: Level 81
Zoroark ♂: Level 87
Cetitan ♀: Level 81
Glimmora ♀: Level 81

I've now finally surpassed 300 Pokedex entries. lol Getting there! I'm gonna have to start trading for Scarlet exclusives soon if I can't get enough online raids that feature them. I've also now found all the paradox Pokemon in Violet.

Evolved Bisharp into Kingambit yesterday, worth it but defs wouldn’t have known without looking it up. Didn’t even know it existed until I saw Geeta’s lol

I am trying to find Bronzor so I can evolve a pokemon and I have yet to find a single one, talk about annoying.
They hang around ruins. Try searching those.

I'm real close to a complete Pokedex! Successfully got some Scarlet exclusives from raids the other day and also got some needed Pokemon in surprise trades. But I'm still missing these:

• Fuecoco line
  • Stunky line
  • Stonjourner
  • Palafin
  • All Scarlet paradox Pokemon
  • Koraidon

If anyone wants to trade me these or help evolve my Finizen, I appreciate it!

Last edited:
So I finally beat the game, and now I am doing whatever I can do after I complete the game. I'm hoping that more will get added like a DLC. It was a really fun game and I really enjoyed it.

I FINALLY got around to makin progress in the post game. I successfully rematched every gym leader. Next up, I plan to rematch the Team Star bosses. And I know I need to do that mystery Pokemon thing Ms. Raifort mentioned so I guess I'll get to that in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom