• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet & Violet Travelog

I got a few more of the Pokemon I'd mentioned I was missing, but I'm still missing some! I'm so close to a complete Pokedex yet it still feels so far away because I haven't been able to get the trades I need. I even have tried a list of trade codes to use for specific version exclusives, but I keep getting trade partners that want to give the same Pokemon I am. Meaning other Violet players. Are there really so few players that have Scarlet? :/

I'm still lacking Stonjourner, Stunky line, Koraidon, and the Scarlet paradox Pokemon. I've been playing a different game in the meantime, but anyone can still message me if they want to trade.

I got a few more of the Pokemon I'd mentioned I was missing, but I'm still missing some! I'm so close to a complete Pokedex yet it still feels so far away because I haven't been able to get the trades I need. I even have tried a list of trade codes to use for specific version exclusives, but I keep getting trade partners that want to give the same Pokemon I am. Meaning other Violet players. Are there really so few players that have Scarlet? :/

I'm still lacking Stonjourner, Stunky line, Koraidon, and the Scarlet paradox Pokemon. I've been playing a different game in the meantime, but anyone can still message me if they want to trade.
Stonjourner I have seen in Asado desert. I think.

Thanks to a very nice Pokémon suggestion from my sister, I've been able to update my team from Original stage to an unplanned Revised stage (referred by me during teambuilding as 1.0 and 1.5). Quaquaval, Bronzong, and Grimmsnarl stick around, while Jumpluff, Cyclizar, and Ceruledge are subbed out for the surprisingly functional idea of Arboliva, the Garchomp I'd originally planned for HOMEcoming (2.0), and the last minute Baile Oricorio pick.

I also caught the Raid Greninja about an hour and a half ago. The moves/details I've seen on it and the Pokémon I handpicked for battling it are individually spoilered out for those who want to try it blind.
Greninja leads with Double Team and Toxic Spikes at once, and the standard moves are: Gunk Shot, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Night Slash. It has Protean, which is useless during Tera, and is Sassy nature (+SpD -Spe) which I believe is an error in the event with Naive (+Spe -SpD) being intended.
My Pokémon was a Calm (+SpD -Atk) Gastrodon, with Storm Drain, holding a Mirror Herb, having 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD EVs, knowing Earth Power, Clear Smog, Recover, and Helping Hand. I expected a Double Team leadoff before the event launched so I trained the game's only fully evolved Pokémon with all three of Clear Smog, a Water immunity, and a Poison resistance.

And on that topic, I think we should have a pinned thread in this forum for discussion/strategy help/teammate searching with 7 star raids. I remember having an incredibly easy time with Charizard only to get completely blindsided by Cinderace before trying out Armarogue. A dedicated place here to toss around ideas with or provide help for these events seems like it'd be quite useful going forward.

And on that topic, I think we should have a pinned thread in this forum for discussion/strategy help/teammate searching with 7 star raids. I remember having an incredibly easy time with Charizard only to get completely blindsided by Cinderace before trying out Armarogue. A dedicated place here to toss around ideas with or provide help for these events seems like it'd be quite useful going forward.
I agree, and also for the occasional 6-Star raids. I've still not gotten good enough teams for the higher tier raids and doing/joining public raids often result in disorganized teams, and therefore, constant KOs leading to time running out. The best I got from Cinderace was reducing his HP to 20% (I never did the Charizard raids), and only once did I succeed with a 6-Star raid (Kingambit).

I might consider Gastrodon, although I've been focusing on getting an ideal Gholdengo for a solo attempt at Greninja.

UPDATE: I caught myself a Greninja after two attempts, and even caught him in a Lure Ball to mark the occasion. Thank you very much for the tip, @Gengarzilla.
Did you not read my post? It's exclusive to Scarlet and I play Violet.
I have a spare Stonjourner.

Last edited:
I have a spare Stonjourner.
Okay, let's see if we can set up a trade sometime.

Once I do finally complete this Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm, I want to shiny hunt a bit! I'd like to make my first target one of my absolute favorite shinies that I've for some reason never hunted before, and that's Seviper. NEON SNAKE FTW.

I caught Walking Wake within 12 hours of it being released. Same with Iron Leaves.

For Walking Wake, my Meowscarada helped out a lot, although most of the work was done by a Gholdengo used by another player. For Iron Leaves, my attempts to use Meowscarada only ended up in failure due to Megahorn. When I used a Scizor I had in my Box, things went much better.

For reference, my Meowscarada is around level 80, while the Scizor I used is level 75.

I've already pre-ordered the DLC. As for the current raids, I've not even made one attempt against Walking Wake as of this post, since every lobby I tried to join was full. I already have Iron Leaves.

I'm almost finished with my Dex, with only a handful of Scarlet exclusives (Stunky and Skrelp lines, Bruxish, and Koraidon) still unregistered. I've done a lot of raiding, and now I've taken to flooding the Surprise Trade with River Pattern Vivillon in the hopes of getting new entries to no success; just tons of Paldean starters, Eevee, Charmander, Froakie, and Hisuian Zorua. I just hope the HOME update comes soon, at least before the King's coronation...

UPDATE: I'm now at 10 Shiny Pokémon: Psyduck, Scyther, Gulpin, Nacli, Mukrow, Weavile, Tropius, Croagunk, Wattrel, Iron Bundle

Last edited:
I at last completed my Pokedex last week! I'm waiting to get the DLC until this very dangerous bug I heard about is resolved. Apparently some players are literally losing their entire save files after either connecting to GO or downloading the DLC. I'm not going to connect to GO either for this reason.

I at last completed my Pokedex last week! I'm waiting to get the DLC until this very dangerous bug I heard about is resolved. Apparently some players are literally losing their entire save files after either connecting to GO or downloading the DLC. I'm not going to connect to GO either for this reason.
Yeah, I've stopped playing as well because I don't want to take the risk of losing all my progress (my 18 badges, my well-developed team, my 11 Shiny Pokémon - I caught a Shiny Jumpluff after my last post -, my Mightiest Mark Greninja, my Ocean, Sandstorm, and River Vivillon etc.) since I've already preordered the DLC and connected with GO. For now, I'm just trying to mass evolve all the remaining Teddiursa I caught last November in PLA because of the high demand for Ursaluna in HOME (and also because I still really want a Shiny Kleavor).

What was the hardest Pokemon to obtain? What was the easiest one to obtain?
Hmm, probably Slakoth. I have no idea why GF made it so hard to find in these games when it was never like that in other games it was in. Stupid.

Yeah, I've stopped playing as well because I don't want to take the risk of losing all my progress (my 18 badges, my well-developed team, my 11 Shiny Pokémon - I caught a Shiny Jumpluff after my last post -, my Mightiest Mark Greninja, my Ocean, Sandstorm, and River Vivillon etc.) since I've already preordered the DLC and connected with GO. For now, I'm just trying to mass evolve all the remaining Teddiursa I caught last November in PLA because of the high demand for Ursaluna in HOME (and also because I still really want a Shiny Kleavor).
Yeah, I have similar reasons. I have some shiny Pokemon in my file too in addition to the complete dex and completed main game and all.

I just recently started Pokemon Scarlet myself (I picked it up close to launch but didn't start it at the time, partly for playing/finishing Pokemon Legends: Arceus) and I'm glad to report I am going in very spoiler-free.

First impressions are good. Not "awesome" but just "good". Really starting to wish Pokemon would pretend to do even a minimal bit of voice acting, like the "voice grunts" in 3D Zelda games, but whatevs.

Team Sprigatito! I might have spotted Fuecoco's final form in the Pokemon Day trailer revealing Walking Wake and Iron Leaves, but I wasn't leaning towards the fire-starter either. Turns out it matches my rival's Quaxly for speed.

At any rate, we did the story stuff with Koraidon -- wow, they really threw a Lv.40 Houndoom at you before letting the cutscene take over? -- then caught some basic 'mons around the "tutorial area" and signed off at the Los Platos Pokemon Center. It was a surprise that TMs are consumable again, but apparently this is balanced by being able to craft more of them using materials dropped by wild Pokemon, so that's ... actually kinda cool!

Lovely detail #1: Discovered that your character's walking/running animation is based on their ACTUAL movement not your controller input, i.e. if you walk into/against a wall they will actually stop (instead of continuing the animation in place). Why don't more 3D games do this?

Getting used to using the Map to scout for nearby Pokemon. Riolu, Rookidee and Shinx show up on the map but seem to be on the wrong side of the cliffs walling off the opening area (it seems their icons aren't properly centered on-map the way yours is). And Mesagoza is BIG. So is the school. Read all the available books in the library, including the Scarlet Tome (and that's an ... interesting fusion of the entire Johto Beast Trio somebody made for it). Talked to various NPCs and started all the major questlines, and with the "Treasure Hunt" ceremony finished the game can "officially" start.

We can ride Koraidon now. Continued to mostly explore the opening area (including the cave) and got into a few Tera Raid battles -- 1-star Applin is new to the team but a 2-star Salandit (female, even!) was clearly too high-level for now.

Pokedex says that Maschiff's attempts to intimidate children tend to only make it look silly -- y'know like how a Flying Tera Type gives it balloons on its head?

Eventually started heading west, and called it a night at the first available Poke Center.

I'm starting to get worried about accumulating too much EXP. It seems strange for my starter to be closing in on the usual evolution threshold so soon, so I actually benched him a little here and there. It also helps that you really DON'T have to battle everything you see (even NPC Trainers). Found the wild Riolu but they are too high-level for now, so I will definitely be back to catch them later. Found a yellow Oricorio but it refused to be caught and I eventually KO'ed it out of frustration. Made it to the next town, completed the Gym Test, but otherwise continued exploring the local wilds.

Turns out it wasn't a great idea to switch the "new move notification" off when starting the game, because not only do you not get prompted when the Pokemon can learn a new move, you don't get notified that a new move is even available at all. (Unlike in Legends Arceus!) I at least found how to swap out my movesets...

Set up a team for the Bug-type Gym Leader: Pawmi, Sprigatito, Flamigo, Greavard, Tinkatink, and Flamigo. I thought I'd debuffed ace Teddiursa enough to level the field for Sprigatito to finish off, but nope not this time. Maybe next.

Explored more of the school -- it could be really nice if the Pokedex registered NPC Pokemon you can interact with, like that Riolu and Lucario -- and took a class. Which seemed functionally more like more tutorial stuff, but it was okay. This ain't a Persona game, but I feel I should still be popping back in from time to time.

Haven't found another Yellow Oricorio yet but we did pick up a Red Oricorio (and besides, Wattrel fills the Electric+Flying type combo nicely).

Sprigatito evolved! Floragato is a surprise to be sure, but ... a welcome one? Yeah, I don't know where its evolutionary line is going and it'll be a while until final form, but at least I'm liking what I see right now.

We can also tear through 2-star Tera Raid battles now.

Spent most of this day exploring southeastern Paldea -- found and defeated the Titan Klawf, made it to the next town, took the Gym Test and defeated the Gym Leader. Applin was the star here with a Defense Curl Rollout combo landing all five hits -- Sudowoodo was saved by Sturdy but the baby apple dragon just couldn't be stopped. Continued exploring southeastern Paldea, making it to the Poke Center at The Secluded Beach. Wattrel is a lovely addition to the team, though Finizen seems a little too high-level (and if Floragato gets an air cushion to stand on why does Pawmi/Pawmo go for a swim?) for now.

Eventually we made it to the port city with the Electric Gym. I think some of the large billboards tease Quaxly and Fuecoco's evolutions -- I'll need to trade for them sometime for sure -- and caught a wild Cyclizar. I kinda wish you could choose to ride them too, not just Koraidon.

Oh, and did I mention catching wild Rotom and Tandemouse? Which the Pokedex says are rare encounters.
Lovely detail #2: When it's rainy and windy, wild Hoppip will literally blow away in the wind.

So ... we lost to Gym Leader Iono. She didn't "defeat" us so much as the RNG did, in four turns lost THREE to confusion damage enabling Mismagius to finish off my surviving team members unopposed. Were it not for that, I'm pretty sure Cyclizar and Floragato would have dealt enough damage for the win. (And yes, of course I have plenty of healing items on hand but as a matter of principle I try to win Trainer battles by the Pokemon alone, mainly using items outside of battles)

So I took a mental break to continue exploring the vicinity, mostly just the local Tera raid battles and NPC trainers. Equipped some Persim berries, re-thought some of my team picks, and tried again:

• Tinkatink in lead position (now with Rock Tomb)
  • Deerling (resistance to Electric + immunity to Hex + Leech Seed)
  • Floragato (now with U-Turn!)
  • Cyclizar (with Mud Bomb)
  • Pawmo (with Volt Absorb and Charge+Thunder Fang)
  • Maschiff (with Scary Face and Snarl)

Tinkatink took out her Wattrel easily but fell to Bellibolt. Pawmi barely won a war of attrittion, then Cyclizar mopped up it, the Luxio, and -- oh that's right, Mismagius has Levitate. OF COURSE. Tera Electric + Levitate is actually a neat party trick. Regardless, Cyclizar's Tera Dragon type did most of the work, then Floragato mopped up after it went down. Didn't have to resort to Deerling's Leech Seed.

Last edited:
Now that we can visit Kitakami, we resume the travelog with new adventures and encounters. Although at this point, I can mainly say that Cecilia and her team arrived, caught a few Pokémon (including a Shiny Houndour), and obtained plenty of Sweet and Tart Apples. Dex is currently 124 seen, 113 caught; that should shoot up in the coming days.

I'm already able to log back into HOME only after an hour after the maintenance ended. I'm shocked at this, as I was expecting at least six hours as the last two staggered logins took me that long.

If anyone is looking to evolve their Applin into Dipplin, there's a shop in the Mossfell Confluence selling Syrupy Apples for ¥500. I'm still trying to look for duplicate Prism Scales. I already have the Exp. Charm.

It doesn't look like there's any Gimmighoul in Kitakami, and LP appears to be useless in shops.

Last edited:
I just finished my playthrough of the Teal Mask and I LOVED it. I'll document my adventures for each day of my play sessions.

I met Briar who kind of gives me the creeps, and she brought us and our gang of NPC buddies to Kitamami. I met Carmine and Kieran right away and my gosh can I just say that Carmine is nuts. She's so blunt and crazy, and yet so damn hilarious. I like her. Kieran on the other hand comes across as pretty cute if not weird at times. His fascination with Ogerpon right off the bat is interesting, considering how the local history portrays it as a villain. I began the Orienteering projects and took our first 2 pictures. In the midst of that I caught an Applin because Dipplin is love and Dipplin is life, and I need a Dipplin. I got a bug tera type Applin on the Apple Hills and named her Apple Pie. I didn't get the chance to evolve her on day 1 because crazy Kieran dragged me off to Ogerpon's lair when the dang thing was chilling outside. Day one ended with me being invited to the Festival of Masks, where I was excited to get my new outfit.

So on day 2 ,I ran into Jacq who gave me a Pokémon egg. I decided why not hatch the thing, expecting it to be something largely unimportant, and it turns out it was a Chimchar egg! Guess someone told Jacq that this was one of my favorite starter Pokémon. I really wasn't expcting this as I thought the first partner Pokemon weren't coming until the Indigo Disk. Anyway, on this day I ran around crazy until I found a Candy Apple to evolve my Applin into a Dipplin, and man I am in love! I thought Appltun was perfect but Dipplin is amazing! I get into some shenanigans with Carmine and Kieran before the festival and my gosh Carmine is like Nemona 2.0; always wanting a battle. But seriously though, girlie is unhinged. Yelling about everything.....I love her. She's funny af. The Festival of Masks was fun, but that Ogre Oustin game messed me up. I only passed the first round. Oh well, at least we met Ogerpon and saw her true face. She's too cute! I was legit not expecting the twist with the Loyal Three being evil and the townsfolk misunderstanding what happened with them in history. But, we'll get back to the Orienteering with Kieran on day 3!

On day 3, we got back to the Orienteering. I battled Kieran, then we took a photo at the last signboard. Kieran was pissed tho. Also our useless Monferno evolved into a useless Infernpe. It amuses me how Carmine is so happy about Ogerpon now and just willing to help her out. We went to grab a Crystal Cluster for the mask and Carmine's Morpeko was kind enough to one shot the Milotic from the pool with an Aura Wheel crit. Creepy Briar showed up and appearntly she wants to find a way to Terastallize outside of Paldea...even though that's already a thing since we can Terastallize in Kitakami.... Anyway, Kieran stole the mask then lost his mind and demanded ANOTHER BATTLE for the mask. Seriously, both of these siblings are Nemona 2.0 with these damn battles. After I struggled to defeat Kieran, the Loyal Three came back to life for some reason. And while this shocked me, the idiot villagers didn't seem to question the loyal three being...you know...ALIVE...at all??? Without knowing anything about these guys types, I battled Munidori and saved Orgerpon. Then I found info on the lousy three while Carmine apparently did NOTHING. Oh and Kieran dipped before we could stop the lousy three. Next time I'll be defeating the baddies!

On Day four, I went after the Loyal 3. I didn't even notice how massive they'd grown until Carmine mentioned it. But at the same time, I liked how this was done in an effort to make these fights into Titan battles, even down to Carmine helping us like Arven did. (On that note, I find Avern and Carmine to be very similar as characters). All of these battles were kind of a struggle because I had no clue what types the Loyal Three were. I basically just spammed Chilling Water from my Bellibolt on Fezendpiti to lower its attack since it kept using Play Rough, and after hammering it with more attacks it eventually went down. Munkidori was a bit easier since I figured it was a psychic-type based on the first battle with it. But even still, this damn thing lived on 1 HP after I thought we'd taken it down! With Okidogi, I basically did the same Chilling Water strategy since it kept using physical attacks. I'm thrilled that it kept using Close Combat to lower it's own defenses. Carmine's Morpeko was great in all of the battles for paraylzing the theives with Thunder Wave. After all that was done, I battled Kieran and it was a bit of a struggle thanks to my stupid self not swapping out the low leveled Dipplin and Infernape for my Scovillian and Clodsire from my main team. Oh well, we still won. That said, I feel like narrative wise, Kieran should have caught Orgeron anyway since he was her biggest fan from the start. Anyway, the Ogerpon battle was annoying due to needing to battle the damn thing in 4 phases, but it wasn't too difficult. I named her Kiki after Kieran since he loved her so much. Next time, we'll wrap everything up. Idk why that NPC student was mad at ME because CARMINE was using him as messenger though!

The final day of the playthrough, I literally just battled Carmine and that's about it. And it wasn't even that difficult compared to Kieran. Ogerpon sadly lost in her first battle thanks to Morpeko paralyzing her. But oh well. I do love Carmine's developments throughout this story, with her now clapping for us after we beat her. She then says her heartfelt speech and goodbye the following morning. I'll miss my girl, but I can't wait to see her and Kieran again in the Indigo Disk. And speaking of Kieran, it seems he's clearly got some issues going, but again, I'm interested in seeing where this goes in part 2.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Teal Mask, which is interesting because I was always more excited for The Indigo Disk. But the story of Ogerpon and the Loyal 3 was totally not what I expected. Kieran and especially Carmine are great characters, and I adore them so much. Can't wait to see where their stories go next!

Last edited:
Today Orthworm and I took a trip to Cortondo and saw lots of Bug-type Pokémon! We stopped by the Artisan Bakery and picked up some ham and cheese for our sandwiches! After that, we battled trainers around town, but none were as strong as my battle buddies here on the forums! Where is everyone else right now? Do you want to meet up on your next adventure and battle?

Started a new playthrough yesterday, picking Sprigatito, a female named Angela, for a change, but only got to the first Pokemon Center in that time. Continued it today. Traded over some random eggs that were leftover from another file to see if they'd be any interest and got a Cyndaquil, P-Tauros Aqua, Starly, Rellor, and Dreepy. Named them Corona (male), Jetstream (male, duh), Aero (male), Saicurtis (female), and Shadowtail (male), respectively. I have plans to turn Corona into a H-Typhlosion though it does cause an unintentional overlap with Shadowtail, but it's not a huge deal to me (although I have noticed that in several playthroughs of Scarlet I end up with two Ghost Mons despite me not liking the Ghost type... strange, right?). Also managed to evolve Saicurtis into Rabsca just by doing a couple of laps on the streets in Los Platos and gave her a Rare Candy at a certain point (evolving her was surprisingly easy, as I thought it required a bit more than that). After battling and exploring, catching a shiny Tarountula in the process (much to my surprise), I made my way to Mesagoza, battling and beating Nemona with ease. Explored the city, buying some Heal Balls from the Delibird Present, finding lots of items, and then made my way to the school. Defended Penny by battling Team Star, gaining the Tera Orb. Now it's off to the school proper. But first need to recharge my Switch Lite. My team is as followed:

Floragato (Angela, female)
Quilava (Corona, male)
P-Tauros (Jetstream, male, Aqua Breed)
Staravia (Aero, male)
Rabsca (Saicurtis, female)
Dreepy (Shadowtail, male)

Started a playthrough with using tulip‘s pokemon and one of the gym trainers in the first gym just softlocked me
Violet 1.0.0 is something else

Back
Top Bottom