• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WORLDBUILDING: SceptiCorp Manufacturing United Region Pokédex (and Encyclopedia)

Sith Droideka

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome, to the SceptiCorp Mfg. United Region Pokédex, narrated by GLaDOS with commentary by Dr. Sceptile, Humblot, and Dusknoir. Who are these three? Well, they MST stuff. Humblot is from the 18th century, by the way, and is a French Revolutionary and a Serperior by now. That's all you need to know. Black is GLaDOS. Green is Humblot. Plum/purple is Dr. Sceptile. Dark grey is Dusknoir. And bolded text will be on your test at the end of the Pokédex. And now...

Hello, and welcome to the SceptiCorp Manufacturing United Region Pokédex. I will be your host, GLaDOS, representing SceptiCorp Manufacturing (and by extension, my old company, Aperture Science). Now, you may be wondering what this is about. You see, SceptiCorp Manufacturing has noted recently-

Hey! Let me do this! I’m your owner now, remember?

Yes sir, Dr. Sceptile. All I need is some neurotoxin…

I’ll get you some neurotoxin later. Anyway, my name is Dr. Sceptile A. Sceptile, owner, founder, and CEO of SceptiCorp Mfg. I am here, of course, to repair any falsehoods you happen to have about the Pokémon world. Specifically, World #679776, which you don’t have the liberty of knowing which one it is. Carry on, GLaDOS.

As I was saying, a test will be provided to test your knowledge of this world when we are done. Failure to do well on the test will result in poor marks and a one-way vacation to the testing chambers. Required test protocols require me to say that if you succeed on the test, you will be missed.

Anyway, we will be joined by Citizen Jacques Humblot and Lord Dusknoir of the TIN. How about we give them a hand?

*clap* *clap* *clap*

I am Lord Dusknoir. And I have no choice but to help, it seems.

And I am Humblot. Stop dragging me here, Brit!

Anyway, they will provide interesting tidbits and stories and the like. So, without further to do…

# 001: Treecko. Height: 1 ft, 8 in. Weight: 11.0 lbs.

Here at SceptiCorp, we interchange the Metric System and the Magicantian System.

Height: 0.5 m. Weight: 5.0 kg.

Why does this dictionary thing start with Treecko, anyway?

Dr. Sceptile thinks that the Treecko line is superior.

Yes, he does. And I don’t know why. It’s not like they’re any more immune to neurotoxin than other Pokémon.

GLaDOS! Continue!

Yes, sir. Treecko is classified as the Wood Gecko Pokémon according to the National Pokédex. According to the SceptiCorp Manufacturing United Region Pokédex, however, it is classified as the Awesome Gecko Pokémon. Just saying that makes me feel like I am turning my back on science.

Here, I’ll help some. Treecko are Grass-types, like myself. As such, it is resistant against Water, Electric, and Ground Pokémon, although not Rock. It is weak to Poison, Ice, Flying, Bug, and Fire though.

Treecko live in the tropical jungles of Hoenn. They hunt bugs because they are stupid creatures who believe that they can defeat Bug-type Pokémon. Fortunately for them, the Bug-type Pokémon are that stupid. They also utilize small barbs on their appendages to climb on walls and ceilings in order to annoy their owners as much as possible.

Right, now I will tell you all their relation to Legendaries. Treecko happen to be distinguished enough to be allowed to join the officer corps of Master Dialga without taking a test. Treecko are also known to serve Celebi, Zekrom, and, in rare cases, Reshiram.

Treecko do not resist neurotoxin. They do well in avoiding turrets, but they are terrible at button-based testing. They also cannot ordinarily hold Dual Portal Guns or form portals on their own, making portal-based and button-based testing impossible with them.

Now for their place in history: the first American President and renowned General George Washington was a Treecko when he was born. In addition, a Treecko officer on board the Liberté handed over the airship into the waiting appendages of us Revolutionaries, at an airfield near Amsterdam.

Treecko also happen to be in the top 5 most ‘boss’ Pokémon of all time.

On to things that you may actually care about. Treecko are fast, special attack based omnivores that prefer to hunt instead of scavenging or foraging. Isolated incidents of Treecko agriculture have also been observed.

Treecko from the Sinnoh and Johto regions possess the greatest range of attacks currently, from Drain Punch and Thunder Punch to Sleep Talk and Iron Tail.

Disproved Lamarckian moves, moves passed from parent to child, range from Crunch to Double Kick and Leaf Storm. Now for an interesting fact about Treecko: 67% of all Treecko young die horrible deaths at the claws and beaks of avian predators and overly-large flying insects... Oh? You didn’t find that interesting? Well, I did.

Thanks a lot. I don’t think anyone needs to be told that.

Required test protocols require me to provide an interesting fact whenever I see fit. As such, I have fulfilled the required test protocol and supplied an interesting fact.

What about move sets? Or those TM thingies?

Go look it up on that Bulbapedia thing, or that Serebii thing, or something. All it would be is a long table.

Well then, goodbye for now. Come back tomorrow, and we’ll share another Pokémon. Or maybe not. For now, I have some testing to do. And remember, to trap a Treecko for eating you should use a turkey leg or some cake. Turkey legs in particular work on overweight women recently out of the relaxation vault, I might add.

GLaDOS! Ahem… goodbye, fellow citizens. Until next time-

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom